Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently had a cycle abandoned due to (among other things) high progesterone levels - they were about 70-ish before i'd even had HcG injection.

This got me wondering about my failed IUI a few months ago.  It was via the NHS.  After basting they got me back in 7 days later to check my progesterone.  When I rang for the results i was told 170 - excellent!  Given that the benchmark is 'above 30' now i'm thinking that this was really high.

What is the generally acceptable level of progesterone on day 21 of a normal cycle?  And would this be different on an IUI cycle?

Just trying to figure out if this is the secret to my 'unexplained' category.  Dh morphology not fantastic, but its OK, and after 3 yrs of trying drs are now starting to say that we've been going long enough for something else to probably be the problem.

greatful for your advise.  thanks megan

·
Registered
2,229 Posts
Progesterone levels need to be over 30 as long as they are after ovulation, then they can be as high as they like. If you had a level of 70ish before hcg, it sounds like you had already ovulated or it was a duff cycle and so they had to abandon as you would not have got pregnant, the treatment was too late.

Ruth

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thats the wierd thing....i hadnt ovulated.  or is it possible i'd spat out one egg even though i had a dozen or so others?

·
Registered
2,229 Posts
I think you had spat one out, otherwise it was a duff cycle to begin with; maybe a cyst was there at the beginning and was pumping out progesterone through out the cycle.

Ruth

1 - 4 of 4 Posts