Fertility Friends Support Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am new to this site although I think that it is fantastic. I am at the Priory and just having initial investigations which is costing a bomb. For some reason, my cycles have been a bit erratic this year and I have just had some blood tests done which came back normal. However, my consultant has asked me to come in for follicle tracking to see if I am ovulating. Personally, I can't see the point of it since it is only to check ovulation during this cycle. Next month's cycle may be different. Furthermore, it will cost me £150!!! Has anyone else had this done???? Everything is so new and I don't really want to undergo unnecessary and expensive tests.
My husband sperm test came back as zero count and due to the low volume (0.5ml) he has to do another test to check for retrograde and that he is not ejaculating into his bladder!!! Any advice appreciated.
Thanks

Viv

·
Registered
2,229 Posts
Follicle tracking would be worthwhile as your consultant is covering all aspects. God forbid your husbands next test came back zero, it maybe that donor sperm is an option for the future and it would be important to know if you ovulate. Also dependent on on your husband´s next test, it may indicate the last was a blip and if the next is normal, the consultant would want to know if you ovulate to then suggest iui treatment with your husband´s sperm.

Ruth

1 - 2 of 2 Posts