Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Hi Drat,

I don't know much about this but I can tell you that although I haven't had a miscarriage, I was sent to St Mary's in London for "Recurrent Miscarriage Tests" as apparently there is a link between "unexplained infertility" which is the category I was in and "recurrent miscarriage".

I was found to have a high blood clotting strength and on my last IVF was prescribed 20mg of clexane (heparin) daily after EC which has worked and I am currently 34 weeks pregnant!  A friend of ours actually did have 3 miscarriages and then was referred for the same tests and was found to have the same problem - so next time she fell she started injecting clexane and the pregnancy was a success and she now has a beautiful 2 year old daughter!

I am surprised your GP is shrugging it off, I'm led to believe that after 3 miscarriages, you will get referred for tests.  It might be worth looking up the Recurrent Miscarriage Clinic at St Mary's on the internet, I'm sorry I don't have the address.

I'm sure there will be lots of girls on here who can help you too, I'm sorry you have been through such a tough time and aren't getting any sympathy.

Love Jen xxx

1 - 1 of 1 Posts