Fertility Friends Support Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

In brief I had a lap only done 7 yrs ago.  They said both my tubes were open but I had a slight infection in my left tube.  Two yrs after that I had a hsg.  This said my right tube was blocked. I was told I was "sub-fertile". My husband has also got poor sperm (count ok but motility and morphology are poor).  I went onto have two ICSI tx resulting in a lovely healthy boy in 2002.  We have been trying every sinice with no joy.  My fsh is slightly raised around 9+ and I have low inhibin b, so when ever I do ICSI we get poor embryos.  My only option is donor eggs or embryos.  I went back to my consultant who kindly said she would have another look via a lap & dye and see if she could perform tubal surgery and unblock the tubes.  To my shock I have been told that both my tubes are open and clear and that they could only see the orginal infection in my left tube which was ok and had not spread.

My question is does a dye test clean-out your tubes ?.  Does it make you more fertile?.  I hope someone can help?.

Thank you, Natalie xx

·
Registered
2,229 Posts
A dye can clean the system out and a number of women have conceived after having the procedure done though if sperm not at best this may affect things.

Sarah

1 - 2 of 2 Posts