Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 20 of 197 Posts

·
Registered
692 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Thought I would start a new thread for the Invimed clinic. I have previously read a lot of information from you kind ladies who have had treatment at the clinic and have read your informative postings and overall positive experiences of Invimed. I've decided to take the plunge and book an appt at the clinic. My appointment is 6th May with Dr Anetta Karwarka. I have phoned up a few times and sent emails but unfortunately the receptionist's English is quite limited and I have not had chance to speak to DR K but have had a few emails from her. I was very surprised that there isn't any waiting list for appts.  I have emailed DR K to ask specific questions about the procedures, logistics of travel and am waiting for her to get back to me.

I'm really excited about the visit and feel really positive at the moment. Dr K has quoted me about £2,500 for the IVF/ICSI treatment with drugs and tests so that's quite a bit cheaper than the ACU's in England. I've booked my flights and also accomm so it's all systems go!

I'd like to say many thanks to Kitti and Mariah who have responded to me by PM. It's so good to hear positive results from the clinic. Hope you two ladies are putting your feet up and looking after yourselves in your pg states. Good luck with the births of your babies, not long to go now!

If anyone is going through the IVF process at Invimed or similar clinic in Poland please respond to this thread. Also if you have had treatment previously there, your tips would be much appreciated.

Love and Hugs
Cat xx

·
Premium Member
498 Posts
good 2 c folk still going to Invimed

I honestly don't have time to post

IM me  your phone no and I'll call you if u want a chat

Jo

·
Registered
692 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Jo,

Thanks for your reply. I see why you don't have time to talk as you've got 3 little people there to take care of. So glad that your treatment worked and now you've got twins. WOW!

I have im my details to you and would like to bend your ear about treatment if that's ok!

Thanks
Cat xx 

·
Registered
48 Posts
Hi there!

I'm not currently undergoing tx in Poland but I'm thinking about it BIG TIME!

I've been doing tests in Bristol for the last few months and have an appointment with our consultant on Thursday.
We strongly suspect that OH's lazy swimmers are the problem but we should know for definate on Thursday if all test results are back in. Wish us luck!

If we need ivf/icsi then Poland is a good option for us financially. Plus OH speaks Polish pretty well and being in Bristol getting there is cheap and easy.

Cat68, I would eternally grateful if you could come back here after your appointment next week and let us know how you got on.

Sending you lots of love and ^fairydust^ ^fairydust^ ^fairydust^

·
Registered
692 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi Kittyboo,

Thanks for replying. Good luck with your appointment with the consultant on Thursday, I hope it's good news for your Dh's swimmers! My Dh sperm analysis test came back quite poor when he had one done in Feb, basically poor motility and mis shaped sperm. May have to go down the ICSI route if If not suitable. Will know more when I go to the appt next week. Can't wait, feel a bit nervous and excited at the same time. Dh not coming with me 1st time as he will be looking after Ds who will be at school.

I'll keep you informed as to how I go on at Invimed. I've heard a lot of good things about the clinic from the ladies on here ( from Invimed parts 1 to 3) and that influenced my choice to proceed with them. I will be seeing Dr Karwacka who seems like a very busy lady as she is hard to pin down when I email or try phoning. Hopefully it will be better when I speak to her in person.

Tell me how you go on with your appt and what your next step might be after the results.

Love and Hugs
Cat xx   

·
Registered
48 Posts
Hi Cat

Only a few more days until your appointment. How are you feeling? Excited? Nervous? Bit of both?

saw consultant today, icsi is our only hope and even then our chances aren't great. I'm not being put on the NHS waiting list because of my age (almost 40) despite the fact I'm in good health and show all the right signs of being fertile. Poor DH feels desperatly guilty :(

I've spent most of the day going from anger to despair and back to anger again.

I've had my rant and cry and now I have to look forward. We were quoted £5000 for icsi our area so Poland here we come!

I'm going to give them a call tomorrow and see if I can get an appointment with them.

Have the clinic asked you to bring any paperwork from previous tests with you or will you be doing all your tests there?

Take care, love Kitty  ^fairydust^ ^fairydust^ ^fairydust^

·
Registered
692 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi Kitty,

Sorry to hear that your appointment didn't go as planned. It's only natural to feel angry and frustrated, this ttc is very stressful. I understand that your Dh will be feeling deflated at the moment , my Dh was the same when he got his results. It's nobodies fault though and these things are sent to try us. It sounds like your picking yourself up and looking at other options. PMA that's good.

We were told the first time around ttc ( over 3 years to conceive Ds) that there was a 3 year waiting list for NHS treatment for IVF in our area. I was nearly 32 at the time and didn't want to wait that long! Had one try at IUI privately but unsuccessful, luckily Ds was conceived on holiday 2 months later!

This time round we've been ttc for 2 years+ and we know that they don't treat women 39+ and who've already got a child. We initially contacted a ACU in Manchester who quoted about £5,000 for the IVF/ICSI package. That's why I did a lot of research for treatments abroad and Invimed jumped out at me as it had a lot of good reports from the ladies on this board and it was a lot cheaper even taking into account flights, food accommodation etc.

Did you call the clinic yet and what was the outcome? Hope you got a good response!

The clinic did say to bring any test results that we've had done. I'm bringing my test results for bloods, scan of ovaries etc, smear test and Dh sperm analysis. They will probably want to do their own tests as well which will be ok. Feeling a bit nervous and excited  about my appt on Tues. Luckily another lady who posts on FF is having treatment at the same time as I fly out and has kindly agreed to meet me so that should be good!

Let me know how you get on with Invimed, you never know we could be potentially starting the treatment at the same time. I'll let you know how I got on when I come back from warsaw.

Love and Hugs
Cat xx   

·
Registered
692 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hi,

Just to let know that I go to Warsaw tomorrow for my 1st appt with Dr Karwecka. Wish me luck  ;D

For anyone interested I will let you know how I got on when I get back Wed. can't wait now!!! ::)

Love and Hugs
Cat xx ;D ^banana^

·
Registered
48 Posts
Hey Cat!

Just a quickie to send you best wishes for tomorrow  ^hugme^

Think you'll get time for some of the chili chocolate I've read about in the other threads? It's sounds delicious!!!

Good luck, let us all know how it goes ^goodluck^

Love Kitty xxx

^fairydust^ ^fairydust^ ^fairydust^ ^fairydust^

·
Registered
692 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hi there,

Well I've just got got back from my 1st appt with Dr Karwarka at Invimed Poland.

At the appt Dr Karwarka was very business like but approachable and friendly. You can tell that she is busy as she is rushing off here there and everywhere after the appt was over. She went through me and Dh's fertility history and I had an internal scan to check ovaries and uterus. She said that I have a reverted uterus, which I knew already and a cyst which shouldn't cause any problems. I was in mid cycle and she said that I was due to ov in the next couple of days, from my right ovary.

We discussed the IVF protocols and she recommended the ICSI as looking at Dh's SA results show that his sperm is less than perfect. She said that I needed to have a USG scan done after ov to track the follicles and make sure that the ovaries are clear. I've already booked a private scan near me(charging £110!!)for friday. If that's clear I can start the Decapeptyl injections on Day 20. I have to get back to DR K for further clarification as I think she said to book another appt when using the injections after 14 days or when period starts. They will need to check LH/FSH levels and start stimms if ok to proceed. Hopefully it will be all systems go.
Dh not with me at appt and will have to have the screening tests done when he comes for the Sperm collection.

Was really impressed with the clinic as it was very professional, clean and well organised. The nurse showed me how to inject the medication so that eased my mind a bit. There were quite a few ladies and their Dh's in the reception but didn't spot any British ladies. Warsaw itself was very nice and had chance to walk round the old town which was very pretty. Think I will enjoy going back. Missed my son loads and got a huge hug when I picked him up from school before. He is so adorable and loving, I'm truly blessed!

Love and Hugs

Cat xx

·
Registered
48 Posts
Wow Cat! it's all happening so quickly  :)

It's great for me to read your experiences, really helps. Thank you.

I had to smile about you getting a hug from your little boy. Fingers crossed he gets a brother or sister soon. ^pray^

Not much happening here at the moment. I've emailed and tried to phone but I'm not getting any response. I just want to get on with it. I can hear my body clock tick tick ticking away!

AF reared her ugly head this morning :( No miracles this month.

I've got an appointment with my GP tomorrow to try and get all my results. I don't fancy my chances somehow. The hospital consultant was very precious about letting us read anything  ::) She would dangle the piece of paper in front of us, quickly read the result and file it away again. It was impossible to keep track of what she was saying half the time  :mad:

Hopefully I'll be able to get GP onside. It should be another warm day tomorrow so maybe something cleavage-revealing might be in order LOL!  ;)

Good luck with the scan tomorrow. Let us now how you get on.

Take care, love Kitty xxx

·
Registered
692 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hi Kittyboo, ^afro^

Hope you are well, sorry to hear that AF reared it's ugly head! IKWYM about emailing and phoning Invimed. Dr Karwacka did tell me at the apt that she doesn't have time to read all the emails she receives. I know that some of my emails were not responded too! I wouldn't take it personally though. I think that you are best ringing to get an initial apt. Their no is 00 4822 85 56 56, i think that you would get a better response that way. I'll PM you with Dr karacka's no as well. It's on my mobile but it needs charging.

Let me know how you got on when you get though. It would be lovely to share experiences on this IVF journey. Yes it's definitely  cleavage showing weather, although I'm a bit of a prude myself. But if you've got it flaunt it! ^pompom^

Thanks for the best wishes for the scan tomorrow. Hopefully it will be all clear and I can start on the down reg medication on Monday. I've booked my flight for the follow up apt for Mon 26th May, so that could mean that I will be starting the stimms soon depending on the results of any scans, blood tests etc. I may have to stay in Warsaw for 2 weeks+.

Love and Hugs
Cat xx ;D   

·
Registered
692 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hi,

Just to let you know that I had the scan to check ovaries are clear and they are according to the sonographer. Will be starting down regs on Monday and have booked my flight to Warsaw for 26th May, hopefully it will be all systems go and I can start on the next stage i.e stimms! Exciting stuff! ^jumpin^ 

Love
Cat xxx ;D

·
Registered
48 Posts
Hi Cat

I'm glad your scan went well. Did you start injections today?

Appointment with GP went really well on Friday (sooooooooooooo glad I went with the "subtle" cleavage  display ;D)

He's going to get my results from consultant and make copies for me. Meantime I'm having a blood test tomorrow to re-test my thyroid and iron levels. I have another appointment with him the following week to discuss blood test results. Hopefully all will be well because I want to be in tip-top shape before starting any treatment.

Got home from GP and had received an email from Dr Karwacka! I admit that after all I've read, I was not expecting it.I've made an appointment for 28th May.

I'll be day 21 of a 25-27 day cycle. Is this a good time of the month to go? I'm a bit worried, should I have booked the week before or the week after? Hopefully it will make little difference. I'm excited but jittery too.

Me and DH are going together. We're going to stay a couple of days. He's looking forward to the hot chocolate  ;D

Love Kitty xxxx  ^hugme^

·
Registered
692 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Hi Kitty, :)

Glad you got a reply from Dr K. So you've got an appt 28th May at the clinic.Good Luck! You said that you will be on cd21 when you arrive. I went on cd14 and had a scan but Doc said that I wasn't due to ov until a couple of days later. Because I didn't ov till about cd16 I needed an extra scan to check ovaries were clear to be able to proceed with the long protocol and don regulation medication.

Then Doc K said to start on DR medication today which I have done.( I was a bit of a wuss with the injection but got there in the end, hopefully will be easier the more I do it) She will probably do a scan when you are at the appt and check that you've ovulated. You may even start taking the DR medication if you start with the long protocol (depending on what procotcol she thinks is best for you) on that day. She said to me that you start the DR drugs between days 20-22 and carry on until egg collection. I believe you start taking the stimms after you start your period on between days 3 to 6 and carry on until EC.

If you would like to meet up for a bit of moral support I will be in Warsaw from the 26th May.  ^clapping^

Love Cat xx ::)

·
Registered
165 Posts
Hi,
Hope you don't mind me joining in. I have been thinking about going back to invimed for ed ivf.
I don't know if you have read any of the old threads?? I had my first frozen egg transfer in dec 2006, and had a bfp. I had Emma last August!! She is now nearly 9 months old. She is such a sweetheart!!!
I found the clinic excellent, and would recommend them. I saw Dr rokicki. I had a long long wait as we had to wait for donor eggs.  I had 3 eggs transfered, and I have 2 more fertilised eggs in the freezer. But they are from 2 different donors.
I am thinking of going back and having fet again now Emma is nearly a year old.
I am thinking of contacting the clinic in the near future.
I know my dh is a bit concerned but all I can think of is those 2 frozen eggs and that they could be a life!!!!!!
He says we shouldn't bother, but they are there waiting. 
He said we have been lucky the first time, and that it won't happen again!!! If you don't try you will never know!!!!
Any way I wish you both the best of luck, and will let you know the outcome!!

·
Registered
140 Posts
Is she nearly a year now  :eek: :eek: - time has gone really fast. As you say if you don't try you will never know - good luck  ;)
And good luck to the "new" girls at Invimed  ;)
Tea

·
Registered
692 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Hi Sheringham and Tea,

Sheringham- Thanks for sharing your experience of Invimed, and a belated congratulations on the birth of your daughter. Hope that you can persuade your Dh to start treatment again in the near future, as those 2 frozen embies are there waiting! :)

Tea- Congratulations on your pregnancy. I see that you only have a few weeks to go now, wishing you all the best for the birth of your little one. ;D

Thanks for contributing to the thread.

Love and Hugs
Cat xx :) ;D ::)   

·
Registered
165 Posts
Hi everyone, yes we are going to go ahead. I have lost dr rokicki's email address so just waiting for a reply from the clinic.
Congratulations tea, hope everything goes well. It came as a bit of a shock once emma came along as dh and I had been alone for such a long time. No more lay ins!!!!!!!! for awhile atleast
Emma is good now she goes through the night, she has done for months!!! She has 2 teeth that have just come through in the last month, and she has just started to crawl. So everything everything has got to be moved to a higher position!!!!!!
Better go a think Emma is having a poo!!!!!!!!! There is alot of grunting going on!!
bye for now
karen

·
Registered
692 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Hi Karen,

Glad you are going ahead with treatment at Invimed and you've got the ball rolling again by emailing Doc Rok. Your little girl sounds like a real live wire as they are at that age! ;D

I'm on day 6 of DR meds and no side effects as yet. Can't wait for the next appt on bank holiday monday, hopefully I will be able to start stimms.  :)

Let me know how you got on with arranging your appt.

Love and Hugs
Cat xx ;D 

1 - 20 of 197 Posts