Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi - i have recently returned from an initial appointment at the Irema clinic and i wondered if there was anyone else considering egg donor transfer with them. They seemed efficient and friendly - we are now waiting to hear back from them - although we had to delay them slightly because of family commitments in May.

There were a few threads in March but they seem to have stopped - does anyone have an update on anything positive (or negative) that has come from the clinic??

Just feeling a little alone!!

many thanks

·
Registered
738 Posts
Hi Details

I've heard lots of positive things about Irema. All the girls seem to have moved over to 'Irema Cycle Buddies' on the Treatment Outside the UK board - I'll attach the link here. I'm sure they'd love to have you join them.

http://www.fertilityfriends.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=131958.0

Also have you used the 'Search' button to find any mention of Irema?

Good luck with your treatment - I hope you hear back from them really soon.

Best wishes

Jaydi x

·
Premium Member
459 Posts
Hi Details,

I visited Irema in Feb for an initial consultation. That went very well, as you say, the staff are very friendly and the clinic is very efficient looking.

After returning to the Uk we decided not to go ahead with threatment at the clinic as their communication was very poor. We posted several emails to them and did not get a response. It kind of put me off. However, there are many positive aspects to the clinic and this was only my experience. Other people might have found things very different.

Best of luck with your treatment.

Izzy x

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hello Izzy

Thanks so much for your reply - they have always been ok with emails etc - just really wanted to know about anyone who had gone further - I will try the link from Jaydi who also replied and  see what comes up.

many thanks

·
Registered
404 Posts
Hi Details
, In reply to your post, I had a cycle with Irema in April. I agree with Izzy that communication is very vague, and poor at times! We had requested a "proven donor" i.e one who had donated successfully before, or one with children.
When our donor only responded with 5 mature eggs, and on day 2 ,transfer day, we only had two embies left at 2 cell stage, we questioned this.
She had not donated before, and I am now unsure that her "previous pregnancy" actually resulted in a live birth or not!
Not surprisingly, our cycle resulted in a BFN,and I feel that the cycle was a total waste of money, as we never really stood a chance with only 2 embies !!! This is the whole point of being a sole reciepient!
I did an egg share cycle last year and got twice the amount of fertilised eggs with Ceram!

I wish you good luck with your choice of clinic, and dont wish to be negative, but I will definately not be returning for a "donor with a better response". Shame they couldnt provide this the first time around!

Love Shellyjxx

·
Registered
312 Posts
Hi Lexey!
Come and join us Irema girls on the usual thread.
You can find us under Treatment Abroad - Irema Cycle Buddies!

We are only a small group but im sure we can help you with any questions

xx

·
Registered
23 Posts
hi girls! im new on here im due to got irema for ET around 16th feb had appointment on jan 9th so excited love reading all your messages love Paula xxx ^fairydust^ ^fairydust^ ^hello^ good luck to you all x

1 - 7 of 7 Posts