New home ladies

Happy Chatting

^fairydust^

Love Emxx

·
Registered
101 Posts
Hello Girls

Not sure how to start but here goes......we're back early from Spain. By body started to play up...on our flight over for our first IVF treatment of ED, after 19 days on the patches my stomach started burning and I started to bleed  :( All the lovely lining that I was hoping was building up nicely came away!!!!

Has anyone heard of/experienced this happening before?

We had to make the decision to continue with the treatment and use frozen embyros success rate 30% or abandon the cycle and try again with another method for preparing my body for ET. Fresh cycles at IREMA this year have been an amzing 65% so we've decided to try fresh. A horrible decision to have to make......but we're trying to stay positive.

IREMA suggested in addition to the patches next time I should take an inhaler Synarel. Have any of you ladies used this?

I'm off now to do some research.

Fingers crossed for Sandra who is out in Spain, good luck Superted...positive thoughts to everyone else

Kaza x

·
Registered
94 Posts
Hi Kaza

I was due to go to Irema in early February but started to bleed the day before.  I telephoned my gynae in my local hospital and he advised me not to ahead with the treatement.  He said that this happens when you are on the patches for a long time, i.e. more  than 12-14 days I was on them 19 days.  I then contacted Irema to cancel that treatment.  When Irema came back with another donor they suggested that I increase the patches after a few days so I started with 2 every 24 hours and then increased to 3 and then 4 every 48 hours and I didn't bleed.  Hope this helps you and I am so sorry that this happened to you, it is very upsetting when you are all set for ET.

I will have my blood tested tomorrow my last day on 2ww. 

Good luck Sandra and Superted hope all goes well for you both.

Kate

·
Registered
101 Posts
Hi Girls

Kate thanks for sharing your experience with me. It leaves me in a much more positive frame of mind. And loads and loads of luck for tomorrow :))))

Sandra thinking of you and hope everything is going to plan. Irema are a lovely group of people and the weather is great out there so I hope your chilling and enjoying the sun.

Superted I'm still learning all the terminology. Irema don't really give much away re the donors. I was on patches for 19 days which was the planned day for egg collection. Does that help?

Bye for now

Kaza x

·
Registered
101 Posts
Hello Superted

when I first started with the patches I had them on my arms, realised it wasnt discreet when down the gym so moved them onto my tummy. I was so covered with sticky square patches until I learnt of the baby oil trick. I then started putting the patches on my thighs.

K x

·
Registered
94 Posts
Good evening Ladies

Well its a BFN for me.  I woke up early this morning with severe cramps and did a test which showed a BFN.  I got a blood test done too which confirmed it.

What is the procedure to have a FET done has anyone got this done at Irema?

Kate

·
Registered
31 Posts
So sorry Kate, look after yourself and try to stay strong xx

I was told patches could go anywhere but your boobs, I used my stomach, back, hips and thighs - my stomach really reacted to them so I had to keep rotating where they went to give my skin a chance to recover - DH had the honor of ripping them off every 2 days - at least he enjoyed it!

·
Registered
101 Posts
Hi Kate

I'm soooo sorry to hear your news  :(

I've been following this little thread and your mails and had such high hopes

K xxxx

·
Registered
293 Posts
Hello girls,

We got back home yesterday lunchtime and have only just been able to come on here.
Kate - so sorry for the bfn.  ^hugme^  It's so hard picking yourself up again so try and take some time out before you go for the FET.  Speak to Sandrine and I am sure she will advise on the way forward. 
Kaza - again...so sorry.  We all know that it's a rollercoaster ride but heartbreaking to happen when you were so close. 
We had a fairly straightforward experience thankfully.  DH was quite sore after the TESA, felt he was butchered as it didn't hurt when he had it done at IM!  He's pleased that he won't be going through that again as they have enough to freeze.

Well, our lovely donor had 10 eggs, 7 fertilised and 4 matured.  Two were grade 1's and the other two were between 2-4.  We decided to go for it and put 3 back in.  The 4th one they were going to go to blasto stage before deciding if it could be froze.  We got an email today that it was not good enough.  This has made me slightly paranoid - that if that one didn't carry on growing, maybe the ones inside me are the same...but I am determined to stay positive so will try and put that thought out of my mind.

Test day is 21st May.  Until then we have a whole schedule of utrogestan, patches, aspirin, steroids and heparin injections. 

Weather was lovely, food was great and we really managed to relax...now praying for a BFP.  ^pray^

Seems like I've written an essay...sorry!

Sandra xxx

·
Registered
293 Posts
Hi S'Ted,

We had a 2 day transfer which seems to be the norm.  It's a waiting game for you right now...try and stay calm.  For me there were days when I just wanted to book my flights and get out there regardless!

Take care,  S x

·
Registered
101 Posts
Hello Ladies

I hope everyone is well.

Sandra- I'm glad it all went well for yourself. I have my fingers and toes crossed that you have a BFP  :)

Superted- The waiting is hard, like yourself and Sandra I just wanted to know dates and start booking, it's the hardest thing not being in control.

Waiting for a lovely new donor

K x

·
Registered
101 Posts
Yay we have a new donor  :)

Third donor lucky eh...feeling positive

I hope everyone else out there is feeling positive too.

Kaza x

·
Registered
293 Posts
Congratulations Kaza..fantastic news.  You've been amazingly upbeat after having to cancel the cycle, so it's all looking good now.  Hoping that all goes to plan this time and before long you'll be PUPO! 

Feeling pretty positive myself although it's when I wake up in the middle of the night and start thinking....now if there was a remedy for that I'd be fine  ;D  ;D

Sandradee x

·
Registered
101 Posts
good luck Superted- I hope all goes to plan :) Thinking positive thoughts

Sandra- thinking of you and hoping for some good news this week

To everyone else (esp Kate and Lexey) lots of hugs

Kaza x

·
Registered
293 Posts
Hi girls,

Been very very naughty...went out at lunchtime to buy some hpt's, knowing full well if I had one at home, I would test.  Couldn't resist and it was negative.  HOWEVER, test day is Thursday...staying positive till then but on the other hand, if it is a neg than I'm half prepared.  :(   

Lexey - good to have you back.  ^hugme^

^hugme^ for all.

Sandradee x

·
Registered
101 Posts
doh that's sooo naughty testing early

I'm still sending positive thoughts until it's your proper test day!!!!!

^pray^ ^pray^ ^pray^

·
Registered
5 Posts
hi

i have just today finally agreed on irema for det thanks to your great postings on here.  could anyone help me re what happens now!!! when can you book travel?how do they decide what time to implant and how much notice do you get.  sure this is first questions of many. many thanks and very excited

·
Super Moderator
1,651 Posts
Hi Annie

I have merged your post with an already ongoing Irema cycle buddies thread, the girls here will I am sure help you out with any questions that you have  :)

Good luck hun

Myra xx

·
Registered
5 Posts
hi just decided today after reading your cycle buddies posts to go with irema for det.  please could anyone tell me when you know the transfer date and how early can you book flights.  how do they decide when to do the transfer without scans??? sorry complete newbie to both det and travelling abroad please help.
many thanks
one giddy lady

1 - 20 of 467 Posts