Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi girls,

Firstly a big big thank you for working so hard and secondly sorry to be a pain  :-[

Right, where do I start??  I had my bloods done at week 28 and then on thursday I received a letter asking me to go back (nearly 3 weeks later  :eek:) as my ferritin (sorry about spelling) levels needed to be checked again!!  Anyway went in first thing friday and this morning called ANC for results and they told me to call gp straight away and get a prescription for PREGADAY (I think  ???) as my levels were 6 and ideally they like it to be anything over 10-12!!  To me they mean nothing but as this afternoon I spoke to a friend of mine who's a nurse and she told me that if a patient comes in with levels of under 8 they have a blood transfusion  :eek: :eek:  :eek: but as I was pregnant she wasn't sure of the procedure!!  Needless to say she has now put all sorts in my mind and I'm just wondering first of all if that's true and second of all if there is anything else I can do to help my iron levels??  Is it dangerous for the baby to have so low levels??
Sorry about it being so long  :-[ but thank you for helping  :)

Sam xx

·
Premium Member
2,745 Posts
Hi

if it is your Hb that is low, then get hold of some spatone from your local health food shop. It is a liquid form of iron which is easily absorbed by the body without any side effects. It is taken with fresh orange juice as the Vit C will help too.

You need your levels to be higher, not only to help to give you more energy and feel ok but also to do all of the right things following labour and delivery. You have a while before delivery yet, so we'll get you sorted. Look at foods to help increase your iron levels too

Take care x

1 - 2 of 2 Posts