Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good afternoon ladies

I was wondering if irregular bowel movements affected fertility? I quite often have to really strain when doing 'number two's (sorry maybe too much information for some of you.. ;D) and wondered if pushing really hard can affect things.

I don't have IBS or anything like that, just a very lazy bowel. It's improved since I've changed my diet but still not regular like I should be.

Could my straining affect things?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Megan

·
Registered
86 Posts
HI MEGAN,

i'd appreciate advive on this subject as well, i do not go to the toilet unless i take laxatives, i'v been this way for years and all my GP says is....if you need to take them take them.

so i only go once a week after taking the laxatives,
even when i'm eating healthy and drinking loads of water there is no differance.

IT REALLY WORRIES ME that this could be stopping me from getting pregnant.

ANG X

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Ang

No replies from any of the nurses yet but hopefully someone will come up with an answer for us. I worry that straining too hard could somehow push things out /dislodge - sounds silly but it sounds like you know how I feel. Your GP doesn't sound very helpful, if you can't go without laxatives that means there is a problem. Is there a reason for your bowel problems, i.e; IBS or bulimia?

Thanks for your reply hun, I thought I was the only one with this problem.

Megan
^Cuddle^

1 - 3 of 3 Posts