Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi im having ivf and had my scan today to check everything was ok with womb lining,it was 3.2 which they said was good,im 41 will be 42 next month,my fsh was 9 which they said was bit higher then they liked,they said they normally like it 8 and under,so not much,i was told to take 375 of menopur ,but after getting home got a phone call to say consultant wants me to up it to 450!!!this will now leave me 8 short which im not impressed about as its a 3 hour round trip to hospital(im presuming i will have to go to barts to pick up the remaining drugs)  anyway does this sound alot of medication,seems they think i wont get many eggs cause of my age,has anyone else gone through this,i so need some answers please...
sue

·
Registered
11,791 Posts
Hi Sue

I wasn't responding very well last cycle and they upped my dose to 450 Menopur which I was told was the highest I could have got.

I wouldn't worry about it being a high dose as long as it does the job.

You might be able to get them to fax over the prescription to a local Chemist and then you can pick it up.  If not when you go for your first scan could you pick up the remainder then ???

^goodluck^

x x x x

·
Registered
736 Posts
It all depends how you'll respond to the drugs. Some clinics like to start on a small dose and gradually increase it if needed, especially on your 1st tx. For my 1st IVF last Mar/Apr, as my clinic knew that I was likely to be a poor responder as I have high fsh (fluctuates between 11 and 19) I started off having Gonal F 450 daily for 10 days and then they made me change to Menopur 450 (as the 1st scan on day 5 of stimms showed nothing and then 2nd scan on day 10 showed only 1 tiny follie). After 8 further days on Menopur I had 3 large follies (but unfortunately only 1 egg was retrieved at ec as the other 2 were empty).

I'd say that a fsh of 8 is extremelly good for your age, actually anything under 10 is a good indication of good response to the tx. Make sure they'll scan you in the very early days of stimms and then as often as possible after that to make sure they monitor how you're responding to the drugs and reduce it if necessary.

Wishing you a very successful cycle  ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^

Alegria x

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ahh ty for replys feel a bit less stressed now,have emailed the ivf nurse as normally easist way to contact them,hoping they can send drugs to local hospital,well i just took 1st injection and struggled to get the amount of fliud in the needle ,they said at leat 8 i only managed 5!!!so worried i done something wrong...will see what happend tmrw on nxt one,my 1st scan is next wed then one on frid,so will be to late to collect any extra drugs..
sue

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
Sue,

I was on 450 Puregon and I stimmed for 14 days - I am a relatively poor responder - I have high FSH (12.9 last test  :eek:) and low AMH.... Your FSH sounds great. Did they check your bloods before upping your dose? I would have guessed they did, they check to see how you are responding and it is not unusual for them to tweak your drugs during the cycle.

Wishing you every success.

Love, Luck, Babydust and Rainbows.

Reality xx xx xx xx

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
hi reality wow im so pleased urs was a bfp,im def feeling relived now,i was put straight onto this amount,got a call from hospital after i got home to say consultant wanted to up it....b4 i had even started it lol...oh well fingers crossed will know next wed if its working..
sue

·
Registered
12,048 Posts
I was on 600 Menopur by the end of my first cycle aged 37 I produced 7 eggs Best of Luck
L x

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
Sue,

Good Luck for Wednesday then hun  ^reiki^ ^reiki^ keep us posted eh  :-*

·
Registered
448 Posts
my FSH was 8.6, i had a poor response on 300iu gonal-f long protocol so next tx went onto 450iu menopur for a short protocol with cetrotide. It seemed to work a bit better and at least they didn't cancel my EC after having spent £1000 on the drugs for nothing the first time round.
just make sure you have all the gear you need to do the injections with the higher dose - they gave me bigger syringe cartridges (the part where the fluid goes) to fit it all in. If you don't have those, you could do it in two goes, but then you'll need to use an extra water ampoule.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
hi chandelle,yes got all the correct needles,ect ,is that is all thats in the fluid ..water?,i thought it was some drug,as if that the case i can break and extra one to make up amount if it dont work tnt,god this injection is more streesfull then the other one....i have got an epipen so tempted to use that and get hubby to do it in me thigh as poor belly is very tender now and bruised...wow 600 i thought 450 was highest,will def let u know how i get on wed,im also having accupunture to run along side treatment only had 2 so far,so not sure if its doing anything.....cat seems to like the lotion he rubs in me feet after lol she is rubbing herself round my ankles as i type ..bless....

1 - 11 of 11 Posts