Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,690 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

L is usually a very hungry baby  ::)  ;D but this week because its been hot, im struggling to get a few oz in him.

This morning he woke up at 6.30am which is about normal, and will usually drink 6-8oz milk. but this morning he would only drink 2oz and then he went back to sleep and i had to wake him at 8.30am for a feed as we were going to playgroup, and then he would only drink 2oz.

Surely thats not enough milk? His last full bottle was at 7.30pm last night. He did have the rest of the milk at playgroup bar an oz. He usually has set times for feeding but ive left him today till he starts crying for it, which was 1/2 later than normal and he's had 5oz.

He has been like this more or less all week. but not sure what i should be doing as if he wont drink it i cant force it down him,

I just wondered if anyone else was having the same in this weather?

Nikki xx

·
Registered
7,783 Posts
k seems to have one day of bad feeds followed by another of good feeds.  He may well eat more later in the day hon.  K was indoors most of yesterday as I went to work and ate loads.  Today she is grizzly and not wanting as much definitely...

Oops forgot to say k had a few days around the same timing as you where she went off her food and then picked up again.

·
Registered
4,128 Posts
Yep.  Some feeds mine have had 4 or even 5oz and some just 1 or 2oz during the last couple of days...til this weather they were pretty consistent.

Although it might of course be just the age of mine,  but feeding has suddenly been taking 2.5 hrs a time in dribs and drabs and by the time I'd finished a feed it was time to start the next yesterday and overnight.  I put it down in the end to needing a stage higher teat and the weather.

They seem a little more settled today touch wood....probably shattered from being up and partying all night in their moses baskets  ::).

·
Premium Member
4,120 Posts
SAdie is only drinking a few oz's at a time too - she is drinking a lot of baby juice though so not too worried.

She also hasn't been eating her food like she usually does either - I am sure it is the weather :(

T xx

1 - 4 of 4 Posts