Fertility Friends Support Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
I'm new to this site,and wondered if anyone is in the same boat as me and my partner, we have both got children from previous marriages, him 2, and me 3, we have been trying for our own child for 18mths, and was referred to the BACC after 12mths, several sperm test later and the result was not what we were expecting, his test were pretty much borderline every time, but the test he did at the clinic last week said that the level of abnormal sperm was 94% and that anything over 80% they would offer icsi, so thats what they have done, now because DP has two children already they said that the chances of us falling naturally is good, but the offer of icsi is there for us, so we have come away from the clinic with a big white envelope with all the information needed! now my question is how long do we carry on trying naturally before thinking, right nows the time for the clinic to help, + £2000 is not that easy to find just like that! DP is taking 4 Zinc and 1 Ginseng tablets a day, has anyone got any suggestions that would help, we would be very welcome of any advise or just to chat to someone in the same boat
Lisa xxxxxx

·
Registered
226 Posts
Hi Lisa

We are not in the same boat but are at BACC.  Just wanted to offer you my support and telly you haw fab this website has been as an outlet for me.  I hope that you and your DH achieve your dream

Love Hobbs x

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Hobbs,
wow my first reply, sounds really silly but even though your not in the same situation, it really helps knowing that others care,again thank you very much for your reply
Lisa x

·
Premium Member
247 Posts
Lisa -  dw & I completed our first ICSI a month ago, the problem is there is no easy answer.  It helps to put all the information and opinions together and sort it out, there is the worry doctors are advising tx when it may not be needed but usually this is unlikely. 
Finally as you show it depends on the financial and motivation issues.  Dw and I spent ~4k and had free drugs from GP, so this is another thing to ask your GP about.

Best regards  ;)  ;)  ;)
Andy

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Andy,

Iv'e noticed that iv'e had quite a few read's but only a couple of reply's, i feel a little bit like that i shouldn't really be on this web site. It felt just the same when we were at the clinic, "What is a couple with 5 kids between them doing here?" but the truth is that my DP and I dearly want a child that is ours, We love all our other children to bits and most would say "well at least they have children" and thats true, but something that we made, just me and him would be the iceing on the cake,it's just proving not that easy, and every little bit of support is so welcome.

I am so glad that ICSI is there for so many couples, it's just amazing what they can do now, and I am pleased that you and your DW are having a posistive outcome!

God didn't I go on, sorry, just nice to chat with someone about all this. Thanks Andy

Lisa XXX       

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
Lisa,

Just to say that I know and understand exactly what you are feeling re wanting a child with your DP.

I have a son from a previous (abusive and very nasty  :mad:) marriage. 5 yrs ago I met the most wonderful man that took my DS on and loved him like his own. We soon got married with the plan to have 'lots of kiddies'. (he has none) When it didnt happen, we got tested only for DH to be diagnosed with azoospermia (no sperm in semen). Utter devastation is not even close to how we feel. Just because I have a child with a previous husband (although he never sees him and has denied access) I so want my Dh to feel that love a child can bring. I want to share everything with someone as my ex didnt want a child and hated me for being pregnant. My DH would make such a fabulous father and I want him to have that chance.

If ever you need a chat, you know where I am. I really understand where you are coming from,

Take care

Mae

·
Premium Member
247 Posts
Lisa - depending on your treatment/Issues etc it can be better to join a more active thread but these can be specific.  Also we don't all watch the thread all the time, as with anything make some contacts and see where they lead.

The more active threads usually have blah blah blah Part 5 or Pt. 8,  Also put some information in the foot note so people can remember you and not have to ask the whats and whys each time.

Cheers  ;) 
Andy

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks Andy,

Being a bit new to all this, how do you add footnotes ?

Cheers Lisa

·
Premium Member
247 Posts
Lisa - At the top of the page click "profile" then left of next page click "forum profile information" then fill in the Signature and "apply".

Regards
Andy

·
Premium Member
9,111 Posts
Hello Lisa

Just wanted to welcome you to Fertility Friends :)  Sorry to read of the problems you are having regarding trying to concieve.  There are a few people on her in the same situation, previous marriage/partnership children and now trying for a baby with a new partner, so you are not alone :)

Good luck with whatever you decide to do treatment wise, sounds to me like you may have a great chance with ICSI so I wish you every success with that :)  You are most welcome onto this site and just for info, we have a huge database of guest's (people who use & read the site but have not yet registered) that would account for a large number of people reading your posts (hope that makes sense ;D ! ) We do care...:)

Love Amanda xxx

1 - 10 of 10 Posts