Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last cycle I was really worried I'd ov over weekend but it was ok in the end - altho got bfn again! I'm wondering how common it is for clinics not to do iui's over weekend, and how do they get around this? Does anyone feel as tho they have been fobbed off about timings? Do you get your money back if the timings spoil your chances? Any info appreciated. Thanks x

·
Registered
3,432 Posts
Rachel ^wave^

I'm sorry to say that my clinic only open Mon-Fri so if I ov'd on a Saturday (which I have done once), I can't be basted that month.

Very frustrating, but it's a very small clinic, so I guess there just isn't the manpower to do the cover.

XXXX

·
Registered
2,916 Posts
Hi
(Hi Julie - how are you doing?)
Our clinic is also shut at the weekends which is annoying but they do 2 insems so often you can just catch one day but I would worry timing wasn't the best - it is annoying. We don't pay until after we have had the tx so wouldn't lose any money, apart from the clomid cost maybe.

Tiny xx

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
I think it depends on your clinic. I had embryo transfer done on a Sunday morning which I was amazed at.

Might be worth speaking to your clinic about your concerns?

Good luck  ^reiki^

Shill x

·
Registered
5,661 Posts
That's crazy that clinics aren't open on the weekend.  My last one adn our current one are open 7 days a week, 365 days a year for that very reason.  (My current clinic has two locations and they just close their north location on the weekend but you can still go downtown).  That's awful too as it's not just money taht you're losing..but to go through the month and then have to cancel the cycle because your body was ready on a Saturday or Sunday. 

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for replies. We've got a follow up appointment next week and I'll bring it up x

·
Registered
872 Posts
Hi there,
Just to add my clinic are open 7 days a week. Not sure i could cope with being at a clinic that wasn't open on the weekend.....like you said it could interfer with treatment.

Have you thought about moving clinics??  xx

1 - 8 of 8 Posts