Fertility Friends Support Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm very disappointed and would appreciate any advice.

I have had 2 goes at 50mg of clomid with no ovulation, then 1 go at 100mg where I ovulated, followed by 1 go at 100mg where I didn't again. This was last year. Since then I've lost 2 stone and had metformin 1500mg/day for 6 months, so was really hopeful to try clomid again.

The first attempt after weight loss, at 50mg, made me ovulate, but the second attempt at 50mg this month I haven't (found out today - day 32) and will need a drug to bring on a bleed if I have another go as I have very irregular cycles. (I know I've had 6 goes now, but 4 were last year, so I can try 4 more now apparently). However, I'm wondering two things:
1. Is it common for the clomid to stimulate ovulation the first attempt at a dose, but not the second at the same dose, and therefore the need to increase?
2. Considering my DH has lower than average sperm results, should we just forget it, and go for IVF? It's not available on NHS here, so we have to pay anyway. I'm in a real muddle, as I know it's not a good idea to keep taking clomid just before IVF.

I feel like I'm bursting with confusion and frustration!  ^mercy^

I'm also really scared and not feeling very feminine or womanly any more, despite DH saying I look it to him!

·
Premium Member
212 Posts
Hi Rowena,

I have replied to your post on the other board.

Kate x

1 - 2 of 2 Posts