Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, this is my 1st ICSI tx so it is all new to me.  ^idiot^

I am on day 6 of stimulating (on Menopur) and since the 2nd day I have had constant pains in my ovaries. Is this normal? Should I be worried? I didn't think I would be this uncomfortable until just before ec. I am very tender and my legs feels very restless and achey as well.

Just wondered how other ladies felt during this stage to reassure me, thanks. xx

·
Registered
3,899 Posts
it means your ovaries are doing their thing lovey.its a good sign.hope youre drinking lots of water ^bigbad^ getting lots of protein ^bigbad^ :) and get a hot water bottle on tummy :)

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the advice. I just didn't expect to be in this much pain this early.

I can't stand up easily I am bent over like an old woman. :(  I will dig out a hot water bottle.

Congratulations on your pregnancy!

·
Premium Member
11,096 Posts
Hello Sapphire  :)

Yes, it is completly normal to get pains and feel achy, but if the pain so so bad that you can't stand up straight then I would suggest phoning your clinic just to check thats OK.

Keep drinking lots of water, and relax as much as possible  ;)

Love

Emma x

·
Registered
221 Posts
hi im on day 2 and noticed a sharp pain in my right side today,was wondering if its to early for ovary pain...maybe it was wind lol,its scary how quick the drugs work,do u find its hard to get all the fluid into the needle to inject it in,my clinic said i have to get at least 0.8,but have struggled to get that amount by the time u get air bubbles out ..grrr more stress...good luck hunn
sue

·
Registered
20 Posts
Hi,

I had loads of pain, and felt constantly naseous. I was fine sitting and I was fine standing, but going to work and constantly getting up and down was torturous. I developed a waddle in week 2! I was so glad when I got my date. I couldn't sleep on my side without a pillow under my stomach. I get pain when I ovulate anyway, so I was kind of expecting it.
It is my first cycle, so I wasn't sure what was normal either! Get ready for fiery breast pain as well! The good news is, the pain/discomfort does pass, although it had taken a week since collection of me to really feel really right again.
Just keep reminding yourself why you are doing it.  ^hugme^Hang in there!
I would do it all again, if I have to! Halfway through 2ww.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi, thought I would update. My pain got so bad on Tuesday that the clinic wanted me to go in and be checked. Lucky I am not overstimulated and they said that unfortunately some ladies find this part of the tx very painful.

They advised me to take regular paracetamol to keep the pain at bay. Yesterday was a struggle with the pain but today I just feel bloated and uncomfortable. I have another scan tomorrow to hopefully they will find some nice big follicles!

Lilacbunnykins I had pains from day 2 aswell, I think it is your ovaries waking up from the d/r stage. Are you on Menopur? If so you don't need all the fluid it is the powder that is important. I only draw up about 0.5 ml of the solution then inject into the powder vials in turn and draw all the solution back up. I find tapping the syringe gets the bubbles to the top without causing more bubbles like flicking the syringe does. You will find a way that is best for you. Good luck!

Needabreak I have been just like you describe. I get bad pain for 24hrs around ov normally so this is magnified by the huge amount of follicles and by more days! I am just sitting and standing very slowly, no dashing around for me anymore. The nausea is a side effect of the drugs, it never occurred to me I would feel sick all the time. I have been putting the duvet under my tummy to lie down on my side, it really helps with the uncomfortable feeling. Thanks for mentioning breast pain, it has kicked in today, ouch! Good to hear the pain/discomfort will pass and good luck, hope this last 1ww goes by quickly for you and you have a lovely bfp xx.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Thanks Sapphire 73,

Poor you.  You need to take it easy and don't push yourself too much. I hardly ate the first week or so, but try to get some good food down, though I'm sure you can hardly look at it!  ^reiki^

No-one warned me how it might feel, so I was a bit shocked at how sore I was.  I would rather be honest about it.  I was incredibly tired throughout it as well.  I have unashamedly been sleeping for 12 - 14 hours a day for most of this last week (we took a week off work)My husband thinks he's getting the hard end of it because he's doing some housework! Lol

I took some days off work on medical leave and got my scans early afternoon and went straight home after them to give myself a rest.  If you can get away with that, it does help to take it easy.

Be good to yourself and I will be thinking about you.  ^hugme^ It will get better! Let me know how it goes!

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks needabreak. I am trying to eat a healthy well balanced diet but you are right I don't feel like eating really and thats very unusual for me!  ;D

No-one warned me about how I would feel either pain wise so it was all a bit of a shock. I read about ladies stimulating and being bloated but haven't seen much about actual pain. I am glad its not just me and it is all perfectly normal. I have been tired throughout aswell, you just have to rest when your body says rest! I am finding it tough with a 4 year old that wakes me up VERY early I haven't the energy during tx.  :(

Glad you hubby is doing the housework you can't lift a finger now! Get him to do all the jobs and sit on the sofa supervising, lol. You need your rest!  ;D They are so hard done by, my dh said he can't watch me doing my injections he feel queasy, he forgets I am actually having to stick the needle in!!!! Bless them!

I have another scan tomorrow but have booked it off as annual leave as no one at work knows about my tx. I am having next week off as sick leave (for ec and et).

Thanks for the advice, good to know the pains will get better. All the best to you and let me know how you get on too. Fingers crossed for you xx.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts