Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I had a natural transfer on the 7th June with 2 x 2 day old embies. The hospital are testing my blood on the 23rd which is 16 days post transfer when my embies will be 18 days old but i am having a natural cycle and the witch is due on the 20th so i want to test before then so if its a BFN then it will prepare me for the witch, but when would it be ok for me to test?

I bought 2 first response tests today which say you can use them 5 days before the witch is due which for me would be tuesday and i would be 10 days past transfer when my embies would be 12 days old, do you think that would be ok?

Tracyxx

·
Premium Member
17,093 Posts
Hi

I would try to avoid testing early but if you do really want to then I'd say the earliest would be 12 days past the transfer when your embies would be 14 days old.

Although First Response say you can use early, they're actually only about 65/69% accurate when used at this stage (it's in the smallprint) so much better to wait until 14dpo (in your case 12dpt) when the accuracy of the hpts will be more around the 99% mark....a much better % !!

Obviously it's up to you but I'm sure you know, testing too early can give false results.....and what's the point of putting yourself through all that unnecessary anxiety.

Our clinic get you to test at 14dpt so 16dpt is quite a long "2ww".....

Fingers crossed
Natasha ^reiki^

1 - 2 of 2 Posts