Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
^hello^

I have a raging headache and a very bad back and haven't dared take anything to ease it, but wondered does anyone know if it is safe to take paracetomol when pg, particularly if like me you are in the very early stages.  What do you all do for pain relief????

^feedback^

Thanks

Niki x

ps have also posted on bun in the oven

·
Registered
299 Posts
yes you can - i have for bad tooth ache between 5-7 weeks, where i would have had 2 i just had 1

·
Registered
67 Posts
Hiya, I was told by my hospital that Paracetamol is fine, but under no circumstances take Ibuprofen.

·
Premium Member
6,719 Posts
Hi Niki

Have just posted to you on the other thread

Dee said:
Hi

It's perfectly safe to take paracetamol when PG.

When I was PG with Freddie I had serious problems with my gall bladder and was prescribed co-codamol which I took throughout my pregnancy - and when breast feeding, until the gall bladder was removed 2 months after Freddie's arrival.

You should, however, avoid any products containing nurofen/ibruofen and asprin.
Claire - I took ibruofen before I realised you shouldn't, my doc assured me I shouldn't worry about it and Freddie was fine. Please don't worry, hun.

Hope the headaches get better soon
Love
Dee
xxx
I'm going to lock your other thread now adn point people in this direction.

Love
Dee
xxx

·
Registered
266 Posts
I was in hospital with OHSS in the early stages of my twin pregnancy and was prescribed paracetamol whilst in hospital - the normal dose and not a reduced one.  You cannot take aspirin or NSAID's (such as ibuprofen).

Hope you feel better soon.

Eve  

·
Premium Member
1,245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks girls aren't you all great  :)

Niki x

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.