Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi ladies,

I'm just coming out of a fresh icsi cycle at the herts and Essex but plan to move to bourne hall for my next cycle. Both past icsi cycles led to no frosties which was very disappointing and we are hoping that our embryos fare better at bourne.

Ok so the reason why I'm posting here is because I am highly suspicious of coincidences. Both of our icsi cycles resulted in a bfp. However, both then failed at week 4.5 -5. In my natural ttc past before the rollercoaster of assisted conception began, I have had two periods that were 11 days late. Only two in two yes of ttc. All others arrived bang on time. I was quite relaxed and not stressed travelling or woekwise for the two delayed afs. I also experienced then what I now know as bona fide pg sympotoms - heavy painful boobs and tiredness and nausea slightly in the mornings. I am kicking myself for not doing hpts back then as I thought if it was a real pg I would know in time. Thus was before we had all our tests done.

So in summary I think I am experiencing recurrent mcs at a very early stage. Our consultant I know is jyst going to say that the embryo was chromosomally abnormal and jyst put us through another cycle. But dh and I are frustrated by this and wonder whether it's worth pushing on privately and getting some tests done while waiting for June?

Have any other ladies been through anything similar and any ideas?

Thanks in advance
soh

·
Premium Member
15,864 Posts
its always a really tricky decision to make but I can think of lots of ladies who are very glad they decided to go for immune testing.  you might want to read the FAQ on this board - maybe start with D for deciding to have immune tests, A for appointments and L for level 1 tests - and/or Dr Beer's book.

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
Hi soh,

sorry to hear about your failed cycles - I have also been in the position of getting a bfp only to find that it was a chem pg - it's a very cruel outcome  ^hugme^

Personally, I decided to go for immune testing at about the same stage as you - two failed tx's and numerous natural chem pg's. I am glad I did because I got pregnant on my first cycle with immune drugs.

I had one cycle at BH - all I would say was at the time, they were still sorting out their steroids policy. I think I may have read on another thread that there is a cons there who will allow you to take immune drugs if prescribed by another cons -I'm not sure what the current situation is, but it might be worth looking on the BH thread, or giving them a call.

If you wanted Level 2's doing, you should still have time to sort it out before June. Best of luck in whatever you decide to do  ^hugme^

1 - 3 of 3 Posts