Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
863 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi
After taking antibiotics for EC, I always find my digestive system gets unbalanced (sory tmi).
To combat this, I wanted to replace my 'friendly bacteria' by eating natural/probiotic yoghurt after EC. Is this a safe thing to, as I know unpasterised food products are a no no?
Thanks.
Lisa x

·
Registered
2,229 Posts
I advise patients to avoid as any bacteria at the crucial time of implantation and initial development may have a bearing on treatment outcome.

Ruth

·
Registered
863 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Ruth,
Thanks for prompt reply.
Lisa x

·
Premium Member
5,162 Posts
errrr, TMI warning but I get really bad thrush, I've tried all sorts of things and one thing that really helps is Holland and Barrett Yeast raiders (lactobacillus and a pro-biotic, psylium husks I think) should I be avoiding these too?
thanks
Lizi

·
Registered
391 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,520 Posts
hi girls
I'm getting my knickers in a twist over this!  I have a vitality probiotic yogurt every day.  Is it just people having IVF that have to avoid them or anyone ttc?
Its a mindfield!  :-\
xxxxx

^reiki^
^reiki^

·
Premium Member
5,388 Posts
??? I am interested int his as well, as I eat an Activia youghurt everyday... is nothing sacred?  ;D

Its a good job we are ttc or else we would have no vices  ;)

Debs
xx

·
Premium Member
5,162 Posts
;D ;D ;D Fidget you make me laugh!

·
Premium Member
5,388 Posts
???  I hope in a good way  ???

·
Premium Member
10,520 Posts
:-\  :-\ so confusing  :-\  :-\

can anyone advise?

·
Registered
26 Posts
;D
Hi Girls,
I'm no expert on this and really don't know what is what but i have read through a lot of 'ways to boost your fertility' websites and most of them will recomend drinking a probiotic drink.Also on the NHS direct website it says that you can drink live yoghurt in early pregnancy as long as it's pasteurised.Still probably best to speak to your helth care provider and see what they recomend.
Hope this is of some help.
Claire xxx

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.