Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi ladies. dr mentioned maybe having gestone injections as i have a problem with Progesterone levels falling after transfer, but ihave also heard people mention Prontogest. Is this the same as Gestone but just a different name.

Also has anyone administered Gestone injections themselves. as my husband had a nightmare doing them a few years ago, and i dont trust him one bit now LOL. I heard you can do them yoursef in your thigh
xx

·
Registered
71 Posts
Yep - think they are different brand names for Progesterone that you inject. I have both at home and the Prontogest is slightly more concentrated i.e. less in the vial. But it's the same dossage.
Only done the injection a few times in my leg - it didn't hurt going in but found it left my leg a bit sore. My **** has more fleshy bits! :) 

I've found lieing on the bed on my side, **** cheek up that's going to be injected, means my muscles are relaxed and much less painful when DH injects.  Also, tip from my nurse mum was to get DH to stretch the skin between his thumb & forefinger before putting the needle in. Plus warming the vial up in your bra for 30 mins beforehand helps and massaging in afterwards. I honestly haven't found it painful at all with this.

Good luck!

·
Registered
959 Posts
Laura: i have done it in my thigh myself and its not to bad. You could try using Emla cream - it numbs the area so you wont feel it is much, Also i use the blue needle to inject rather than the green ( ask ARGC 1st) (its a lot smaller) but i think you can only se this is you are slimmer... i am almost 10 weeks preg and have been using it since transfer  and my prog levels have been very good 0 this is in acse someone tells you you cant use the the blue needle

·
Registered
549 Posts
Yeah, essentially the same active ingredient but Prontogest a slightly diff formulation and more concentrated (good news is you don't have to inject as much liquid - but it did seem to affect my sleep, which Gestone didn't). I did it myself in the bum - managed to contort myself enough to be able to alternate sides in the end! Much less painful than thigh, which I did once and didn't repeat - though I know some people haven't found it as bad.

x

1 - 4 of 4 Posts