Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i need to know is there an average times of trying to get BFP? i am in my 4th and still how many times i need to know how many times i need to keep trying to get BFP??
just an idea will do or a study available or anything just to give me a time frame of trying and living around my treatment as it is all i live for at this point.
hanadiz

·
Registered
312 Posts
Hi,

Sorry can't answer your question, don't think there is an answer it's just down to the luck of the draw, which doesn't help I know..... it's so hard but we persevere don't we..... we got out first ever BFP on our 5th cycle and we are now the very, very proud mummy & daddy of 12 months old twin boys..... I pray that you get your dream on Saturday too :)

Good Luck

City Chic x x

·
Premium Member
17,093 Posts
Hi

Sadly there isn't a set number of times to try before you get your BFP.....I wish it was that easy.  There are some women who get BFP on 1st IVF, others may take much longer....I've heard of some ladies getting BFP on their 8th, 9th, 10th.........we've just had our 6th and despite 2 chemical pregnancies (very early miscarriages) with both FETs, all our fresh cycles have been BFN.....despite me conceiving 3 times naturally beforehand.  Unfortunately there are no hard and fast rules with IVF and just no way of knowing because we're all different and all have varying reasons as to why we're going down IVF route.

It could be said that each time you go through treatment your chances increase but as we know, this isn't always the case.....if there was any way to guarantee how many times it would take, we'd all be there !!!

I know you managed to get a BFP on your 2nd try but sadly miscarried....perhaps it would be worth asking for further investigations, as I suggested in a previous message to you.  There are blood clotting and immune disorders which may cause problems with implantation and miscarriage so maybe worth getting tested.  Also a laparoscopy and hysteroscopy can check within you abdominal cavity and inside you womb for any possible problems.

However, you've still got a few days before you test so hang in there as you just never know, you may get that BFP !!

Good luck
Natasha ^reiki^

·
Registered
304 Posts
Good luck for your test, Hanadiz.

I think you know in your heart that it's a lottery and there are no hard-and-fast truths (Lord, I wish there were).

If it's at all helpful, my consultant told me that from his experience over the years at my clinic "it seems to be on the 3rd try".  I got a BFP on my 2nd ICSI but m/c at 8/9 weeks.  Starting my 3rd next month and calling it Third Time Lucky

1 - 4 of 4 Posts