Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Peter,

My first IVF attempt, +tve result on Monday (15 days post ET) and again on Tuesday (both times 2nd line was weak, but definitely there). I had some symptoms this week (sore boobs, peeing in the nite), but these have subsided. I took another test this morning (20 days post ET) and it was negative.
I phoned the hospital and they said that it's not over till my period starts, and to continue with cyclogest. I have a scan booked for 6th May.
I am taking Cyclogest 400 twice per day. My question is - do you think the cyclogest is just delaying the inevitable period? or is it possible to have a -tve test and still be pregnant? The hospital said that my hormone levels could be fluctuating. All my tests have been hpt only (hosp doesn't do blood tests at this stage).

Thanks for your help,
Grace.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Thanks Woppa - I think I will insist on a blood test, but it can be a bit difficult trying to deviate from the unit's normal procedures. I think I will put my assertive head on!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Don't worry about replying Peter - AF started today so I've got my answer :(

Thanks anyway,
Grace.

·
Premium Member
6,838 Posts
Grace
I am very sorry to read your news, I have been reading your posts.

I am so sorry, thinking of you
Jo
:-*

·
Registered
856 Posts
Dear Grace,

I am sorry to hear that. Make sure that you get a good follow up and review session at your clinic so that any lessons learnt from this cycle can be applied to the next.

Regards,

Peter

Grace said:
Don't worry about replying Peter - AF started today so I've got my answer :(

Thanks anyway,
Grace.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts