Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 454 Posts

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all

Am a newbie to this end of the board, having resided in the 2WW area so far, so hello to everyone.

Today i discovered i have a belly full of babies!!

Have had ov induction and ov'd 4 large follicles, 3 of which were fertilised and are now 6 weeks old with little heartbeats - YEY!!!!

Funnily enough I'm not all that shocked as for some reason i just knew it was going to be 3. It's still so very, very, very early for them (they are only 1.5, 1.8 and 2.1 mm big!!) so it's very much wait and see at the moment.

The consultant, although he's not pushing us, wants us to consider fetal reduction given the high risks when having 3.

Is there anyone out there who has 3, is expecting 3 or has any wisdom to share? I really need advice.

We live along way away from both of our sets of parents and have a minimal amount of support in terms of nearby friends (we moved to the opposite end of the country, in the middle of nowhere and don't know that many people). I am both elated and petrified all at the same time!

Would appreciate a wise word from somewhere.
Thanks everyone

JJ x x  ^reiki^

·
Registered
609 Posts
HI

JUST WANTED TO SAY MANY CONGRATS!!! I HAVE TWINS NOT TRIPLETS BUT THERE ARE A FEW GILS ON THSI SITE WHO HAVE HAD TRIPLETS SO IF THEY ARE NOT TOO SNOWED UNDER THEN HOPEFULLY THEY WILL SEE YOUR POST. I USED TO WORK FOR A LADY WHO HAD TRIPLETS THEY WILL BE 16 NOW, THEY WERE BORN AT 32 WEEKS AND WEIGHED AROUND TWO POUND EACH, THEY ARE BEAUTIFUL GIRLS NOW AND ALL VERY TALENTED! LOVELY FAMILY!

WE TOO HAVE NO HELP FROM FRIENDS AND FAMILY AND WHILST IT CAN BE TOUGH IT SOMETIMES CAN BE EASIER JUST TO GET ON AND DO IT YOURSELF. I ALWAYS THINK TOO MANY BODIES CAN BE STRESSFUL. I THINK MY MUM WOULD HAVE DRIVEN ME MAD BY NOW TOO ;D

WELL CONGRATS AGAIN AND HERES TO A HEALTHY AND AHPPY PREGNANCY :)

LIZZYLOU
XXXXX

·
Registered
720 Posts
HI! - My DH and I are 23 weeks pg with trips and the first couple of weeks thinking about it were "I don't think I can handle this - the risks to get thru the pg, the first few months - the next 20 years! "- etc - a lot of negatives.
But little by little I have found peace and joy and confidence that all will be well and that this is a blessing so many would love to have - my DH was thrilled from day 1 and said from the beginning all will be well - a big help. As you look at the statistics - remember that although 30 or 40% are born with low weights, many are born with 4 to even 6 pound weights. Although many come frighteningly early - many come at 34 plus weeks. We can be in that side of the statistics, right? The triplet connection has a lot of good info and there are soooo many on that site who have shared their stories - very helpful. Also, we started taping triplet births and deliveries on the Discovery Health chanel to help get over the shock of seeing such little ones with some extra care that turn out well - some going home in less than a week.
Best of luck - would love to follow you along as you progress - tomorrow we have a scan with a neo-natal cardiologist who will verify the preliminary "all is fine with the babies hearts" opinion of our perinatologist. Maybe will see better the sex of baby B - A and C are looking like girls at this point.
Lana

·
Registered
58 Posts
hi hun

i'm expecting triplets, i had done icsi, currentley am 17 weeks 4 days. i live in leicester.

let me know if u need chat in the chat room.

congrats hu

jay

·
Registered
7,903 Posts
Hi JJ,

Me too!  I have a belly full of babies too... mine are slightly bigger at 4-5mm!!!  ^roflmao^  Back for another scan on Thursday hoping they will have grown lots.

I have not spoken to the dr yet, I'm awaiting an appointment.  But frm speaking to others I'm guessing I wil get the reduction talk.  We have agreed we will listen to the stats and make our final decision then but at this point we are definatley going more with keeping them all.  To be honest I was a little freaked but now I've known for an entire week I am really excited about the prospect of having 3 babies although I am terrified about not being able to a good weight and lose them.  :'(

I've ordered some books and also joined TAMBA (mltiple births association) they have triplets boards on there.

I'm here if you want to chat.. we seem to be pretty close in dates so guess will be going through this process together.

Hi Lana!! :-*

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
Hi JJ

I have 3 month old triplet boys and they are an absolute joy.  A lot of medical people and consultants don't like triplets and give the "reduction" talk.  I too was offered/recommended a reduction and told of all the umpteen things that could go wrong with the pregnancy.  I look at my 3 boys who are absolutely perfect in every way and think that if I'd have listened to medical advice i would only have 1 of them, it breaks my heart to think that.  I too live a long way from friends and family and have no support so it's just me and DH and we're doing fine.  i won't lie and say it's easy but it's also not as difficult as everyone imagines it should be.  I manage to get out and about, I go to a local twins and multiples club, we even went to a restaurant today for father's day.  If you want to send me a PM to ask any specific questions, feel free, I'm not a triplets expert as mine are only 3 months old but I'll try my best.  Have you joined TAMBA, they have a triplets thread which has been an absolute life saver to me and I regularly email and speak to other triplet mums.  Also read "Extreme Motherhood" by Jackie Clunes, this is a fab and very honest account about a triplet pregnancy and having triplets, I could really relate to her.

To all you triplet ladies, enjoy your pregnancy and try and take all the doom and gloom from doctors with a pinch of salt, easier said than done but I've come to the conclusion that consultants like to give a grim view of everything.

debs xx

·
Registered
439 Posts
Hi
Just want to say that if you live in the republic of ireland you get double the child benefit for triplets, which is already 160 per child, so for triplets you get 960 euro per month in child benefit. Plus an extra 1000 euro per year for each child under 4 towards childcare, all tax free. And also a strong likelihood of homehelp for a time at least. That adds up to 14,520 per year. Not bad eh???
JJ

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Wow! I'm moving to the ROI!!!

Thanks to everyone who has replyed to my post. it's been so brilliant to get various opinions and angles to consider.

It's also fantastic to find people out there who are in or have been in similar situations.

I have AGES to wait until my next scan now (week on Friday). Am so desperate to see how they're doing and see how big they've got - I'll keep you posted!

Anyway, Thanks again everyone.  ^hugme^

JJ x x

·
Registered
17 Posts
Extreme Motherhood by Jackie Clune is a great book about having triplets.  Very moving, funny and an easy read, good luck.

Congratulations

Winny

·
Registered
720 Posts
HI Mummies expecting triplets! How is everyone doing? Apart form my swollen feet and cumbersome manner of getting up and down from chairs and such I am feeling well. Hugs to all - would love to hear from more expectant triplet moms  - or those who have theirs already!
Lana

·
Registered
58 Posts
hi glad to see everyone is doing well.

Lana swollen feet owch, not looking forward to that.

Quick question.

I have still not felt the babies move and i'm 19 w and 1 day, was that the same for you Lana or anyone else.

I have also been getting a  yellowish jelly type of discharge not much jus when i wipe when i go for a wee.

I do have a appointment with consultant this friday, yes we can see the babies again. i will ask her theses question but would perfer personal expereinces. it is my detail scan hopefully we will find out the sexes.

i on the other hand am feel so tired when i wake up, have breakfast & its time for bed again, i think thats due to my animea.

Keep this board going now its great to have a triplets board hurrya

love jay

19 w 1 day

·
Registered
720 Posts
hi- i'm surprised at how little and
gently the babies move and i do remember at 19 weeks that days would pass with almost no movement. keep resting jayshree - i really think it helps the babies grow. i do try to get some very moderate exercise - swimming and light weights to keep a bit of muscle tone and blood circulation. good luck with scan!  lana

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
Hi Jay,

If it's any consolation, I didn't feel my babies move until around wk 20/21.  Apparently it's later with multiples as there is less room for them to move about.  Good luck with your scan on Friday.

Hope that helps

debs xx

·
Registered
85 Posts
Hi all,

My story is a little hyperthetical at the moment - I got my BFP on Tuesday after my first cycle of IVF. Two embies were put back in (day 6 blastocysts) although my consultant and embrylogist tried to pursuade us to only put back one due to high risk of twins etc as I am pretty young for IVF (27). They also warned me of the possibility of triplets due to eggs splitting and the higher likelyhood of this happening to IVF patients.. I thought this was ridiculously rare so insisted on the 2. On Wednesday I went in for my blood test and that evening I got a call to say that my HCG was 11,000 which is ridiculously high for 16 days post transfer. They are VERY concerned its triplets due to this high number but we wont know until my first scan which is on 10 July. Obviously I am freaking out at this stage as I wonder whether that high number could mean anything else sinister and whether indeed it is triplets which scares me terribly as we never even considered that possibility.

A few questions for you lovely ladies and all your advise/knowledge would be hugely appreciated:

1) Are you all expecting triplets as a result of two embies being put back in and one of them splitting (2 identical and 1 twin) and is this a very rare thing to happen in IVF patients?

2) How high was your first HCG reading? Does mine sound in line with any of yours?

3) Could the high HCG reading mean something sinister?

It really is another 2ww for me and at the end of the day, I will cope with whatever comes my way but I just want to be prepared for all eventualities. 10 July seems an eternity away.

Thanks loads
Loux

·
Registered
7,903 Posts
Lou I can't be much help as I didn't have any bloods done. I had more embies put back as wasmy 4th cycle so mine are 3 separate ones.

I won't lie and say I found the prospect of triplets initially a positive but now I'm over the moon and can't imagine having anything but triple trouble!  ;D

However what I would say is your bloods are not that high considering you had a day 6 transfer, so do not be comparing that to normal test day results, embies where already 6 days so you need to google the HCG results for 22 days past ovulation which I think would be pretty high... if you google there is a chart that tells you normal ranges.

Let us know how you get on... oh and congrats!

·
Registered
85 Posts
Thanks so much Laura - hugely appreciated. May well be turning to you guys for advise if 10 July confirms triplets. Good luck to you!

·
Registered
7,903 Posts
Well honey what will be will be.  However the more I think about it the more I think your bloods are more in line with twinnies, you are quite far past the normal test day (thats normally 14 dpo) and you are a good week on from that and numbers double every 2 days!

try not to stress!

XX

·
Registered
720 Posts
Hi Everybody - how's everything going? I'm moving along toward my goal of delivery at 35 weeks - less than 10 to go!
Lou - I had 3 embryo's transfered - we went with the higher number to increase the chance of at least one sticking knowing there was a small possibility of triplets. (supposedly less than 10%)
Let us know one way or another what happens - from what I have read it is very rare that an embryo will split.
Best wishes to all - Lana

·
Registered
7,903 Posts
Hi Lana,

Well I'm very nearly 10 weeks now! Woo Hoo!  I'v had quite a bit of pain the last couple of days, i hope its just things stretching about in there?  My symptoms seem to be subsiding a bit too.. hope thats just things settling down and nothing else.

I met my midwife on Friday she was lovely and I have another scan this Friday.  Also seeing consult finally the week after, I'll be just under 12 weeks then.

Hows them swollen feet??

XX

1 - 20 of 454 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.