Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
19,888 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hiya all

my very active DD has been crawling for a while and its 7.5 months and in the last week she started getting onto her knees, mil said not to encourage standing as her bones are too soft (umm how do i stop it!! as i told her) anyway tonight madam butterfly crawled over to the sofa andpulled herself to standing, i was amazed and i know that before long she will be cruising

so is this ok? normal? is soft bones and standing too early an old wives tales or true

·
Premium Member
5,366 Posts
I don't know for a fact but I'm sure its an old wives tale.  I walked at 8.5months and my mum said she was told I'd end up with 'Bandy legs' by the older relatives  ::)  and there are nothing wrong with my legs!  ;D  xxx

·
Premium Member
19,888 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks hun

i walked at 9months and im fine too. im kinda hoping DD cruises for a long time as she is already into everything

·
Registered
1,536 Posts
Ds started to pull himself up to standing (and letting go of the furniture with his hands), and climbed the stairs (although I stopped him a few steps in) at short of 7 months, he started walking unaided at 9 1/2 months ( I walked at that age too) and there's nothing wrong with mine or DS's legs. I would say it's an old wives tale too. :)

·
Premium Member
20,424 Posts
If the bones were too soft then I'm pretty sure she wouldn't be able to do it so don't worry!

All babies develop at different rates and will only do things once they (and their bodies) are ready to.

Chux xx

·
Premium Member
2,105 Posts
Well done Tyler!  Now you can really cause some mayhem....

I'm sure it's not a problem if she is doing it herself and not being forced to stand before she is ready.  Lizzie used to put her feet down and stand herself up holding my hands at about 9 months and her physio said it was good that she was weightbearing on her legs.

There are concerns about children using baby walkers too young.  Perhaps that is what your MIL has heard.

Now you'll have to move the choccies higher up the Christmas tree!
EG x

·
Registered
8,127 Posts
I reckon kids stand when they can....so I wouldn't worry. I had mine on her feet using fingers because she liked it early on but she's fine.

Kay xxx

·
Registered
366 Posts
my son stood at this age pulling himself upon the furniture but he still didnt walk until he was thirteen months whilst he had the strength he didnt have the co ordination ::)

my daughter however was flat on her back up until about 8 and a half months old and started to crawl at just over 10 months and walked at 14 months.

I guess what i am trying to say is that they are all different :)

·
Premium Member
6,690 Posts
All children are different  :)

My friends little girl was walking at 9 months, L was just learning to crawl at that age  ;D

Also i think mil's come out with some strange things sometimes. I can still remember when L was a baby and everytime he yawned she would hold both cheeks  ^idiot^  (that's what your supposed to do apparently  ::)  )

xx

·
Registered
2,199 Posts
DS pulled himself to his feet at 7.5 months. He cruises the sofa all the time and will climb the stairs no problems (with me behind him) I dont think he's interested in walking though, I've tried a few times holding his hands but he just sits down.

Im sure if she is doing it herself then it will be fine. She wouldnt stand if her legs/muscles werent strong enough.

·
Premium Member
19,888 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Tylers pulling herself up on the sofa and sometimes the tv cab and is always on her knees and is very strong now and when she falls its onto her knees. She is deffo ready and strong enough, she doesn't really like bouncers as it restricts her movements too much

Its interesting to see how all babies differ

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.