Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, well I had my 2 day embryo transferred 10 days ago now. Due to take pregnancy test this Friday/Saturday and I'm starting to drive myself up the wall reading bad signs in to every slight twinge and niggle I get. This 2 week wait really is a nightmare and feels almost worst now the 1st week is over. Anyway I've had this thumping headache since yesterday afternoon, still there today. It's the same sort of headache I usually get a couple of days before my period starts so obviously I'm thinking the worst again! Also today I've stated getting a very dull ache in my stomach, started like a normal period cramp at first but now feels like an ache all over. I had my first proper cry last night too, a proper sob in fact. Think it is all just getting to me a bit. Don't know what I'd do with my DH. Has anyone else had these headaches/pains during this 2 week wait? Am I just being paranoid? One thing I do know is I will be wishing this week over so much it is going to seem like a lifetime!!  :(

·
Registered
185 Posts
Hi alh2820

I have just had a bfn on thur and experienced lots of niggling type pains. From what I've read though its very hard to tell if pain is due to AF or pregnancy as either way the pain is similar! I have also read that the progesterone that I was taking can cause cramps and other symptoms (not sure about headaches though).

I would try not to worry though as another girl who had the same cycle as me had pains also but ended up with a BFP!!

Think we all try to read too much into our symptoms during the 2ww, try to keep your chin up I think our bodies are doing so much with all the different meds we are taking that its normal to feel a bit off!!

Wishing you all the luck for fri/sat  ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^

Tez
xxx

·
Registered
19 Posts
Hi alh2820

the whole journey is a big mind game isn't it...yes you are normal to worry about every twinge you have and then your mind starts to race..and every pain you get you 'compare' to having AF..my advice to you would be just to keep positive thoughts and don't even let negative creep in, as soon as you have one get rid of it!..i did lots of visualisation and talking to my 'soap bubbles' telling them to grow...i have been through IVF twice now and the first time we were blessed with a beautiful daughter and I have just come off my 2WW(5 weeks pregnant now) in which i also got a BFP!! so blessed...during my 2ww i had some pains and cramping feelings and also had a day where i spotted brown, then when wiped had bright red blood - the next day it went away but i kept those negative thoughts at bay and to our amazement when testing at the clinic got BFP! (by the way for both times we did not test at home we waited until testing day at the clinic..!!)
I had headaches as well but i did put it down to coming off the drugs that had been in your body and also the progesterone you now take - it only lasted for a few days and haven't had one since..
The worry will always be there because you want to have your baby so much, just try and keep things as normal as possible, have time to yourself each day...
hope this helps a bit as i understand what you are going through
take care let me know how you get on
tracey lea

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.