Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am 25 and have had 4 failed isci treatments. (my husaband had a failed revesal 2 years ago, he has 3 of his own children from a previous marriage). We are in the middle of our 5th treatment using frozen embryo's. I am in desparate need of some advice, do we continue with our isci treament if this cycle fails, or do we start to consider using a sperm donor?. I am starting to feel that 5 times is enough and that it is never going to work. I know money should'nt come in to it, but we have spent more than £12,000 on treatment which has had to come from loans and credit cards. we have been refused nhs treatment because of the fact that my husband has his own children which means that we are not a priority. I am starting to feel that using a donor is the best option, i dont think we can take much more of the utter dissapoint we have felt over the last 2 years. Any views, opinions or advice would be great.

·
Registered
209 Posts
HI Carenb

Welcome to FF, you'll find a lot of support on here.

My DP had failed reversal a few years back, we have just had 2nd ICSI after 1failed and 1FET failed. I did get my BFP this time, but before this, we had made the decision that if it did not work this time, we would be going for donor ^sperm^. We even talked it over with the clinic.

I hope this cycle is the one. Good luck

Love SUZ
XXXXX

IM anytime.

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
Hey Caren

Welcome to FF! So pleased you have found us and hope we can be of help and support to you.

Wishing you much luck during this cycle.

Laine x

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
Dear Caren,

So sorry to hear about the 4 failed cycles. We have had 2 and that was bad enough.

My DH had cancer and the sperm we are using is harvested from tissue removed from testicular biopsy well after cancer treatment.

Although we were told that sperm harvested that way from cancer survivors is nor very reliable ,we have had a reasonable fertilisation rate and created some great embryos.

The problem for us is that they do not implant.

We looked at some reasons why our cycles failed and discovered the theory that my immune system is attacking and destroying the embryos. It's bad enough with severe male factor infertility without adding the female complications on top. This is a highly controversial theory and open to debate.

Do you know why your cycles fail and at which point? This may be relevant to making the decision.

With warmest regards to you,

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you for your reply, it so good to know that there are people out there that know what you are going through and know just how you are feeling. I do not know why our embroys are not implanting. Our consultant says that we are getting good quailty sperm,albeit not a lot and they do struggled to get it, I had 10 eggs collected last time, 8 fertilized. the 2 we had put back were at grade 1, 8 cell stage which is perfect. We have had excellant embroys every time!, our consultant says that it is all down to luck, however I'm starting to think that there must be a reason why its not working. I'm booked in for 22nd july for frozen transfere, I dont think its going to be postive but we've got our fingers crossed.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts