3,597 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New home  :)

Lots of love and luck to you all  ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^

Rachel x

·
Registered
5,891 Posts
Yay!!  i'm first, i knew there was an advantage to being on here all the time!

·
Registered
814 Posts
Lisa - Happy Birthday - 
^dancing spot^^birthday^ ^afro^ ^daisy^ ^Bubble Gum^ ^fairydust^ ^Bubble Gum^ ^daisy^ ^afro^ ^birthday^ ^dancing spot^. Sounds like you have a lovely day planned.

Rivka - I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you today  ^hugme^

Little Mo - I'm thinking of you too  ^hugme^

Hi Piepig - how are you doing? Are you managing to keep the nasty taste of the sniffing DR drugs at bay?

Everyone - did you know that ISIS are putting their fees us from 1 Jun 08? I wanted to work out how much another cycle was going to cost and discovered the changes! IVF is going up from £2475 to £2775, ICSI from £795 to £850. I just hope they will let me start this month so I can save £355.

Loui

·
Registered
5,891 Posts
Grrrr.....I'm bored, so much that i could be doing but can't go anywhere cos I'm waiting for a skip to arrive, come on delivery guy where are you  ^bigbad^

·
Registered
2,287 Posts
Morning all,

Rvka/julia - good luck with your scans today, thinking of you both.

Tricksy -  ;D ;D ;D yes beer always does it for dh.

Angel - oh hun, this thread must give you lots of hope hun. Both julia and Sam got/are pregnant so it can happen to you. And you are doing something positive about your weight, so stop beating yourself up.  ^hugme^ ^hugme^ ^hugme^

Piepig - i'm bored too hun  :( just waiting for tomorrow and will hopefully get some conclusive answers so i can move on.
love to all

Cleo xxxxxxxxxxxxx

·
Registered
814 Posts
Angel - please don't feel down - you have so much to look forward to.....your weight loss (which is already happening), your body getting in supreme condition (which has already begun) and best of all.......your babies that you are going to have (which you are already travelling towards....). Please keep positive  ^hugme^ ^reiki^.

Loui

·
Registered
5,891 Posts
Loui - getting used to the taste now and actually look forward to it in a crazy way cos its the only way I know the drugs are going into my system if that makes sense  ^idiot^  I hope that you are able to cycle before the fees go up.

Cleo - aw honey I hope tomorrow comes round quickly for you, and that they are finally able to say with confidence one way or the other what the situation is so you can move on  ^hugme^

my skip has finally arrived so I'm gonna fill it and then go out in the garden and weed.  I off to my friends later to see her and her 3 month old, then we're meeting up with some old school friends for dinner so should be fun, especially as I haven't seen two of them for about 10 years!

xxxx

·
Registered
2,287 Posts
Dear Lisa,

Lots of love Cleo xxxxxxxxx

·
Premium Member
3,551 Posts
Lisa -  ^birthday^

Rivka - thinking of you this morning hun.  ^hugme^

Julia - ditto  ^hugme^

Loui - really hope you get some good news about starting cycling again this week.

Tricksy - are you nearly set for the race on Sunday? I'm hoping to get stuck near the back so it's impossible to jog more than 100 yards at a time  ;D

Debs - you picked a good day to be working in the garden. It's gorgeous out there. Have fun with your friends later.

Em - hope you're not too lonely with dh away. I'm on my own tonight as dh has to go to Southampton to do ome recruitment. I'm v jealous as that's my home patch but there's too much to do up here for me to go with.

Please don't get too low about your chances of having another baby. As Tricksy said, there are a lot of us in that age bracket where fertility is on the decline. You're on the right track as far as losing the weight and getting fit.

I'll come back and finish personals later. I have chocs to do by 3.30 so need to crack on. Also need to get dressed soon - I love being on a day off.....

·
Registered
981 Posts
I am in bits, had a terrible time at the hospital. :'( :'( :'(

I had a scan and everything looked ok, but consultant said the only conclusive way to find out if the baby had downs was to perform the amnio. Well, I was so undecided but we both ultimately wanted to know so decided to go ahead with it. The consultant tried twice but was unable to draw up any fluid, so we are none the wiser. The procedure was awful, and I am riddled with guilt now that I may have murdered my baby, all for no benefit. I am getting terrible cramps and just wish that today had not happened. We have the choice to go back and have it done again, but that was the most traumatic thing I have ever been through. If I have a miscarriage I will never forgive myself. I feel so guilty.

Rivka, I hope you have some better news.

Lisa, happy birthday. I hope you have a lovely day.

·
Registered
2,287 Posts
Julia -  ^hugme^ i am so sorry you had an awful time at the hospital. What is going on there?? They sound awful! I can understand how worried you must be hun. I'm sure everything will be fine, its just horrible that you have to go back again.  ^hugme^ ^hugme^ ^hugme^ ^hugme^ ^hugme^ ^hugme^ ^hugme^ ^hugme^ ^hugme^ ^hugme^ ^hugme^ ^hugme^ ^hugme^ ^hugme^ You can't think that if something goes wrong tha you have murdered your baby because it wouldn't be your fault hun. You are being very sensible and trying to get all the facts so you can make a decision about your family. You were put in a difficult situation and you did what you needed to do. I hope they manage to do the procedure quicker and less stress free next time.

Rivka - thinking of you hun  ^hugme^

·
Registered
814 Posts
Oh Little Mo - you were having the procedure for all the right reasons, please, please don't beat yourself up about it. Is there anything you can do now to reassure yourself that all is OK? Can you have another normal scan just to check that everything is at is should be?  ^hugme^ ^hugme^ ^hugme^ ^hugme^ ^hugme^

loui xxx

·
Registered
5,891 Posts
Julia - you musn't blame yourself if anything happens  ^hugme^ I'm sorry today was so awful.  please try and stay  ^reiki^ that all will be fine.  ^hugme^

·
Premium Member
3,551 Posts
Julia -  ^hugme^ the others are right. You're doing what is best for your family in getting the tests done, and no-one could have forseen the difficulties they had. None of this is your fault. ^hugme^ ^hugme^

·
Registered
2,287 Posts
Just had 2 bills in from ISIS for scans and gestone. Very confused as was in credit and paying for some stuff as i went along. Now i have to sit and work out what i've had and what's been paid for etc...  :mad: Hopefully sort it out tomorrow. We really don't need another big bill!

G

·
Unfortunately I cannot give you any good news. This morning DH and me went to hospital and met the consultan, and then we went with him and a sonographer (and useless dr from yesterday  ^bigbad^) to do a scan. Sonographer took ages looking at the screen so I knew something was wrong. Our baby sopped developing at 7 wks, that is 2 wks ago, and there is no heartbeat. We came out to talk to cons who was very kind and sorry for us but there's nothing he can do. He gave me all the possible medications for mm/cs. It's already the 5th time I'm losing a baby at wk 7 so there must be a reason to it, cons said that probably there is but they don't know what to do in such cases. We are both devastated. I feel it's the end of the road for me, there's no point for me to try again, and I can't come to terms with not having a family.

Little Mo -  ^hugme^ sorry you had such an awful day at the hospital. I was looking for you when I came out but you were gone already, I spend so much time in that room crying that I didn't think I'll catch you ... Please don't blame yourself, you did what you were advised and they should have been doing th procedure right if they propose it  ^bigbad^ Are you still crampy?

Cleo - thanks so much for listening to my whinning on the phone for so long, it really helped to be able to upload a bit.

Rivka x

·
Registered
2,287 Posts
Rivka - i'm here anytime hun. Just so sorry we have to go through this.  ^hugme^

·
Registered
5,891 Posts
Rivka - I'm so sorry honey  ^hugme^

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
I just can not believe whats happening to you all. I am so so sorry  :'( :'(

Julia - I am praying that your pains ease off and its just bubsy getting the ump at being poked about. Try and stay calm hun and I'll keep praying  ^hugme^

Rivka - I am so so sorry, I don't know what to say. You poor things.  ^hugme^ ^hugme^ ^hugme^ I hate to sound really insensitive and I don't know how to put it but this may help you, when I was referred to St Mary's for my recurrent miscarriages they told me that god forbid if it ever happened again then i was to try and get the sac to them. They can do investigations to see if they can find a reason. If it happened that I was going to have a d&c then the hospital could send it to St Marys. I don't know if thats worth asking about. I am so sorry, I really did think that this was your turn  ^hugme^ ^hugme^

Cleo - I am praying for you tomorrow too hun  ^reiki^ ^reiki^ Gidon is not in on a Thursday is he? are they going to ring him with the results??  ^hugme^ ^hugme^

I don't think that I want Saturday to come, I just want to be blissfully ignorant  :(

·
Registered
2,287 Posts
Tricksy - Giddon said last week that they would call him to make a decision. Just added up how much all these scans cost and it will be £500  :eek: :eek: unbeleivable on top of everything else, plus the gestone and blood tests of course. I estimate we've spent another £800. Could of done without all this as DH has had to take time off aswell, i daren't think how much he's lost.

1 - 20 of 283 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.