Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Just about to start ICSI treatment :) went to a 2 hour session with one of the fertility team at the Royal Shrewsbury.  ALthough I understand what I am going to be doing drugs wise, I  can't help feeling a little bewildered, :-\ and less than optomistic about our chances :'(.  I am probably being daft I know but Im terrified I will get the wrong mixes of drugs, pessaries sprays ^help^ lol although pretty certain I wont get mixed up about where each goes.  Also a bit worried about the affect the drugs will have on me, I've been on clomiphene and didnt feel too great on that. Would love to chat to peeps who have been along this road and can reassure me ( us) .  Poor DH i've nominated him to do the injections, yes I'm a total coward .  Anyway Ive rambled on ... hope to hear from someone :) soon

Heather  ^fairydust^

·
Registered
949 Posts
Hello Heather,

Welcome to Fertility Friends.

Yes, it is so daunting in the beginning and so bewildering what it is all about. Be reassured though that we will all hold your hand along the way and will answer any questions you might have as well as get to know you a bit better.

When are you due to start your treatment? If you have a look at the main index and then about half way down you will see the cycle buddies thread. Click on that and choose the months that you will be cycling. Post any thoughts questions etc and all of the girls who are currently having treatment at the same time as you will help you along and make you feel very welcome. You will soon get the hang of it!

Wishing you every success as you embark on this exciting stage to becoming a Mummy.

Love Dawn x

·
Registered
7,657 Posts
Hi Heather

Welcome to Fertility Friends.

I know it all sounds a bit bewildering at the information session, it freaked the hell out of us on our first one but once you start its ok, if you do have any worries just shout and we will help you, we have a section called 'cycle buddies', when you start you can join all the lovely people over there who will hold your hand and support you through your tx.

Good luck to you

Mel

x x

·
Premium Member
357 Posts
Hi Heather

We are having treatment at the Royal Shrewsbury too and we had our information appointment last tuesday. We had a nurse called Yvonne doing ours. Did you have the same person? Anyway, I felt exactly the same as you. There was sooooo much to take in that I felt quite fed up for a few days afterwards and found it hard to take it all in. I feel loads better now though. My dp is going to mix up the injections for me but doesn't think he can face actually doing them so that part will be down to me.

When do you think you will be starting treatment? I am starting in December and will have egg collection mid january. If you want to join the December/January thread you will meet lots of people going through the same stuff. Also on the 'support groups' thread there is a Shrewsbury/Telford group which only has a few people on it at the moment so you would be very welcome.

Good luck with everthing  ;D

FLH x x

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
Hi Heather,

Welcome to FF!  It is a fab site and everyone is very friendly.

Wishing you luck with your tx.

Laine x

1 - 5 of 5 Posts