Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello there..

I am 34 and my DH is 38.

I have low progesterone and DH's semen count was so low that there was "insufficeint to test". He had 0.42 sperm (as opposed to the min of 20million).

We have our first appointment in a few weeks time at the infertility clinic. We are scared. Can anything be done if both of us are "dud"?

DH has another child from a previous marriage. He is 4 but the trauma and stress of having his son abducted when he was 3months old, fighting allegations of domsestic and child abuse, fighting through the courts to see his son has really had an impact on him.

As for me.. I came from a "childfree marriage". My exhusband lied to me after we got hitched and said he didn't want kids.  I went through 10yrs of being brainswashed. Now I am with someone who really, really wants children we can't!

I look forward to chatting to others in similar situ.

·
Premium Member
3,485 Posts
WELCOME TO FF

boogiequeenie

Wanted to say Hello and welcome you to FF, my role here of FF as a volunteer is to make sure you find your way as easy as possible, hopefully this message will do that :) Am so glad that you have found us, hopefully you will meet like minded people that will help and support you through what can be a very hard stressful journey. There are many members here on FF with a true understanding of what you are going through at all stages that infertility throws at you :( FF has brought so many people together and helps form many new friendships that may last many years, I certainly have and my life is richer for it. It's hard when family and friends don't fully comprehend what the IF journey entails and the emotions that go with it, That's where FF comes in to play.
I hope that you will find the links i have left you helpful and direct you where you need to be until you find your feet, which won't be long i can assure you. If there is anything that you still need to find give me or any MOD a shout and we will be happy to help you :)
Links to follow..........................................

What Every New Member Needs to Know
CLICK HERE

Fertility Guides
CLICK
HERE

Starting out & Diagnosis ~ CLICK HERE

Investigations & Immunology ~ CLICK HERE

Male factors ~ CLICK HERE

While undergoing treatment, you might find it useful to join other ladies having treatment at the same time.
The Cycle Buddies threads are just for that.
Just pop along to the appropriate month and say "Hi" when you are ready to start treatment

Cycle buddies
CLICK HERE

Girl & Boy talk - Community & Fun Board
CLICK HERE

Its not all just serious stuff here, you can also have a bit of fun or just gossip while you are on FF too so check out the general chit chat / jokes / hobbies area:
You can also chat live in our chat room. We have a newbie day in the chat room every Wednesday where you can meet one of our mods for support, meet other new members and get technical support with navigating the site and using all the functions available here.
CLICK HERE FOR INFO ON NEWBIE CHAT

You can also "meet" and chat with people in your local area through the Location boards. This is especially useful to find people who may be using the same clinic and or in the same PCT area.

Wishing you lots of luck ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ and ^fairydust^
Keep in touch
Lou

·
Registered
384 Posts
Hey Boogiequeenie and welcome to FF  ^pompom^

Me and Dh both have fertility problems. Me- endo and low progesterone and low AMH. DH antisperm antibodies. We have been told that ICSI is the way forward for us and I have my injection trainig on the 8th with view to start LP on 26th April. Not sure if this will work but at least there is some hope out there.

Wishing you lots of luck in whatever you decide  ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^

Angelgel 40 xx

·
Registered
8 Posts
There are things to be done without resorting to adoption - don't give up just yet! It is really tough when both partners have fertility problems, but I'm sure your fears will be qualmed when you go to the infertility clinic - they will help you construct a plan of attack.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts