Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
Im in my 7th week - did my test on 29th December and it was positive - yippee.  The day before the test however, I had some
spotting, light pink that turned to a dark brown.  It only lasted a couple of days and when i did a second test (just to
be sure!), all was good.  My 7 week scan is tomorrow morning and today ive started to bleed again, this time heavier
(not as heavy as a period but heavier than my initial spotting) and a dark rusty brown.  It doesnt feel good.  There is
another recent post about bleeding and hearing from ladies that are also going through this (and all is well)
is very comforting.

This is my first round of ivf and i feel very lucky to have got this far.  Out of all the hormone changes, injections, pessaries
and procedures the waiting has been the worst part for me.  My appointment is at 9.15 tomorrow morning and im at home
today, couldnt face being in the office if anything happened with the bleeding.  So, 22 hours and counting...
Thanks for reading - this site is reall great.

·
Registered
104 Posts
hi nickoker,
congratulations on your pregnancy :)
you must be over the moon,
i was very nervous when i got my bfp i too had some bleeding some was pinky
and then it got really brown/ black.it came and went over the first 8 weeks.
i was really worried ^idiot^
im now 24wks and baby is doing great all scans have been perfect thank god.
i hope your scan tomarrow is a wonderful experience
and that you see your little ones heartbeating  ^hugme^

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Michelle and congratulations to you too. I have felt a bit up and down. Up before the test as i was pretty sure it would be positive. Then, altho elated it was tinged with a little bit of upset due to the bleeding. Then, when it subsided I was up again and getting very excited. Now it's that rollercoaster low. I'm praying that all is well.
Thank you for your well wishes for tomorrow. If we hear the heartbeat I think my partner and I will be the happiest, beaming couple.
Wishing you lots of happiness and luck in you're pregnancy and thanks for responding in my moment of madness! Im normally quite sane and quite an optimist..

·
Premium Member
7,184 Posts
Hi Nickoker  ^hugme^

Hang in there - bleeding is more common than they let you believe  ^hugme^  It's not heavy from the sounds of things so I am sure everything will be fine  :)  Be positive and fingers crossed tomorrow will put your mind at rest  ^hugme^

Big hugs

Fluffs xxx

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Fluffs,
You're totally right, ive read so many posts about other ladies bleeding and going onto have healthy pregnancies and births that i should take some comfort from this.  I really want to stay positive.  Lets hope that im back on tomorrow posting some excellent news.
Thanks again for keeping me sane, take care and keep everything crossed for me!

·
Registered
6,634 Posts
^hugme^ I bled red blood the day before my 7 week scan - it did turn brown in colour and lasted about a week - I was told when I went for scan that it was possibly the embryo burrowing in more or if you had more than one transferred it could be one coming away that didn't stick.

I am sure you will find the scan will turn out well - as long as you aren't bleeding lots of bright red blood with clots I am sure it's good news  ^reiki^ ^pray^

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for all the kind supportive messages.  Ive just got back from my scan and am very pleased to say that we have 1 very healthy bean, our "Morcambe"!  it's 4.1mm and we saw a lovely strong heartbeat.
Am so happy - DP and i did a whoop whoop!
So far, so good.  I wish everyone health and happiness...

·
Registered
104 Posts
i am so pleased to hear this fantasic news
congratulations ^hugme^ ^hugme^ ^hugme^ ^hugme^
enjoy this very special time in your lives xxx

·
Registered
6,634 Posts
I knew it would be okay - have a happy healthy 9 months  :)

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thank you both, really chuffed and this afternoon allowed myself to "feel" pregnant.  The queasiness, sore boobs and feeling shattered are all for real!  I know its early but hoping to tell my brother on Sunday, 7 weeks.  Did you tell close family early or wait for the 12 weeks?
Thanks again, i wish you both the same health and happiness!

x

·
Registered
6,634 Posts
I told close family and friends right away.
told everyone else and work after 9 wk scan cos I was starting to feel so ill with MS! ( lasted til 20 weeks! - and has come back a little bit!)

You will feel so tired the first three months - take it easy!!  ^hugme^

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
ouch - MS till 20 weeks! No wonder you had to tell people - it cant be very easy to disguise...  I hope the MSsubsides again soon for you.  Ive had very little actual sickness but have had queasiness.  The being tired has definitely set in.  I seem to be counting the hours before its acceptable to go back to bed again hahaha!  Will be taking it easy and hope you are too...
x

·
Registered
6,634 Posts
Oh I am defiitely taking it easy - had PJ's on at 3pm LOL  ;D  Tiredness comes back in the 3rd trimester!
Glad I took mat leave at 29 weeks  :)  I have gestational diabetes and it's a full time job monitoring that!

good luck  ^reiki^

·
Registered
104 Posts
hi nickoker,
i told close amily and close friends straght away,
they all new we were doing ivf, so it was great having there support,
didnt tell everyone else until 12 weeks.
its good to have people around u that understand that u might not be feeling great with sickness etc,
i was very nervous for a long time because i had 3 miscarraiges in the past,
so i needed friends and family to talk things through with ^hugme^
do what ever u feel comfortable with, some people think its bad luck to tell before 12 weeks. i dont think so.
i think spread the joy..... :) wih those u love xx

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thank you both. Dp and I have decided to tell my brother and an aunty this weekend. I had my second scan yesterday to check out the cyst. Looks like nothing to worry about so am now officially discharged from the hospital. Quite emotional seeing my doctor for the last time (but did promise to go back when bubba was born...
The second scan with the doctor was amazing. She spent very little time on the cyst and more time on the little 'morecambe'. I heard his heartbeat aswell as seeing it on the monitor. Wow, goose pimple stuff!
I'm so glad it's going well for you both albeit bouts of sickness and ges diabetes. Haven't read up on that part yet. Is it quite common?
Very much looking forward to the weekend, what a week!
X

·
Registered
6,634 Posts
Gestational diabetes affects about 40% of pregnant women - they don't usually test you for it unless you have a family history of it, obese or over 40  :)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.