Fertility Friends Support Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm almost 31 and my husband is 29 and we have been trying to get pregnant for 5 and 1/2 years. :(

My husbands sperm is fine. I'm fine, I have had every test going, nothing is wrong with either of us. ???

We have diagnosed with unexplained infertility. We tried Clomid for twelve cycles with no success. :(

I have also had two attempts at IUI, with good reaction to the drugs, good egg production everything has gone really well, but no success. :(

Not sure whether to have another go as it is really hard when it fails. :'(

I would like to know what the success rates are for couples attempting IUI for the third time.

Is there anything we can do to improve our chances, we have tried intercourse on the day and the day after the IUI has been performed & Pineapple Juice!.

I hope you can help!. :)

Melana

·
Registered
2,229 Posts
Stats after 3rd IUI are just the same as after 1st or 2nd, what I would say is that you need to decide whether you want a 3rd or if you would prefer to move on to IVF. A number of couples only try IUI twice esp. bearing in mind you have been trying for so long. It would be worth discussing with your consultant.

Ruth

1 - 2 of 2 Posts