Fertility Friends Support Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dear Peter,

Quick history
I've just had my 2nd failed IUI, Infertility is unexplained. I've had a lap and everything was fine, I've had 3 months of Clomid and 2 months of Tamoxofen (sorry about the spelling). IUI's were stimulated, both time good response and my Husband sperm mobility 99% but as I said before both attempts failed.

Two questions, firstly I had a sore throat at the same time on each cycle - is this worth mentioning to my consultant ? could it be connected to the neg result ? or am I clutching at straws?

secondly, we had a review appointment between the two cycles and our consltant recommened 3 more attempts at IUI (our treatment changed slightly with our 2nd attempt) would you recommend we continue with IUI or try IVF ? Also unable to see consultant now until end Oct, Nurse at clinic recommended we try again before having another review, what do you think.

Thanks Peter
Nic

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Hello Peter,

Any advice you may have would be very welcome.

Thanks
Dolly

·
Registered
856 Posts
Dolly said:
Dear Peter,

Quick history
I've just had my 2nd failed IUI, Infertility is unexplained. I've had a lap and everything was fine, I've had 3 months of Clomid and 2 months of Tamoxofen (sorry about the spelling). IUI's were stimulated, both time good response and my Husband sperm mobility 99% but as I said before both attempts failed.

Two questions, firstly I had a sore throat at the same time on each cycle - is this worth mentioning to my consultant ? could it be connected to the neg result ? or am I clutching at straws?

This should not cause any problems

secondly, we had a review appointment between the two cycles and our consltant recommened 3 more attempts at IUI (our treatment changed slightly with our 2nd attempt) would you recommend we continue with IUI or try IVF ?

Continue with IUI for now.

Good luck!

Peter

Also unable to see consultant now until end Oct, Nurse at clinic recommended we try again before having another review, what do you think.

Thanks Peter
Nic

1 - 3 of 3 Posts