Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone!
I'm new to this site but very pleased to find one where people seem to understand this whole fertility journey, A little about me... spend 14 months trying to get pregnant but no joy and discovered i was polycystic.  Finally referred ourselves to the acu at uch and found that hubbie had low count and started to think we would never get pregnant! Put me on metformin and then we had a clomid and iui cycle.  Given 25% chance of it working so tried not to hope too much (secretely lots of fingers were crossed) on my birthday a BFP! scan at 7 weeks and saw heartbeat given a very good prognosis.  Well at the 10 week final check they discovered that the baby had died, had D&C and 2 half weeks later my mind has started thinking about trying again as we need to do something positive.  The miscarriage was the most heartbreakign thing we have ever had to deal with and so very unfair.
I'm now very scared that this will happen again even though the logic tells me it won't and am also feeling despondent that the IUI might not work next time - arghhh!!
So ...........any positive success stories would help us to get back into another cycle
Sorry for the long ramble!
Ruthy
X ^idiot^

·
Premium Member
18,308 Posts
Hello Ruthy, welcome to Fertility Friends. :)

I am very sorry to hear of you loss. ^hugme^ Similar thing happened to me on my second ICSI cycle and I know hoe utterly devastating it is when you have gone through so much to get pregnant.
You are right, it probably was just dumb bad luck and no reaosn to think it shoudl happen again but, I know the worry will be there until you pass the point of no return next time. You were incredibly lucky to ge a BFP your first time on IUI but this in itself is a good sign as there is no reasont o think you can't get another one again and, yes, it might not work next time straigh away and you might need couple of tries but you have proven it can be done.
You might want to pop along to the IUI boards where you can get some advice and inspiration from success stories there:

IUI ~CLICK HERE

Here are a few other useufl links for you:

What Every New Member Needs To Know (includes a list of common abbreviations) ~ CLICK HERE

While undergoing treatment, you might find it useful to join other ladies having treatment at the same time. The Cycle Buddies threads are just for that. You will fnd a thread, usually with a funny/inspiring name for this year's buddies. Just pop along to the appropriate month and say "Hi" when you are ready to start treatment.

Cycle buddies ~ CLICK HERE

Pregnancy loss ~ CLICK HERE

We have a part of this board dedicated to the memories of angel babies and children. Many ladies here find it comforting to have a place to talk to / about their lost loved ones.

Forget me not ~ CLICK HERE

And don't forget to have a bit of fun while you are on FF and check out the general chit chat / jokes / hobbies area:

Girl & Boy talk - Community & Fun Board ~ CLICK HERE

You can also chat live in our excellent chat room. We have a newbie night in the chat room every week (Wednesday at 8pm), where you can meet other new members and get technical support with navigating the site and using all the functions available here. CLICK HERE FOR INFO ON NEWBIE CHAT

You can also "meet" and chat with people in your local area through the Location boards. This is especially useful to find people who may be using the same clinic and or in the same PCT area.

Loads of luck! ^reiki^

C~x

·
Registered
11,791 Posts
^hello^ Ruthy

to FF :) I hope you find this site of such great support :) :)

Sorry to hear about your loss, its just so hard ^hugme^ I would definately have a look at the IUI Boards and speak to the ladies there as they might be able to offer you some advice / help.

Wishing you lots of luck

x x x x x

·
Registered
6,658 Posts
Hi Ruthy

I am so very sorry to hear of your loss  :'(  ^hugme^

There is nothing to say your IUI won't work again next time hon  ^reiki^

Hope you have a BFP soon and I am very sorry for your loss hon

xxxxx

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank  you ladies, I will check out the IUI boards when we are ready to get going again.  Had a wobble moment today when a very pregnant person at work walked past, thought i'd be ok but ended up howling in the loo. 
I won't say it's unfair even though it is!
:mad:

·
Premium Member
13,830 Posts
Hi Ruthy and welcome to the site :)

You have come to a fantastic site full of advice and support.

Im sorry to hear of your miscarriage and that you are feeling down - its not easy when you are trying for a baby and it happens so easy for others etc. I remember that feeling all too well when i was TTC. I wish you loads of luck for when u have your IUI and that it brings a positive result.

Kate xx

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks Kate
I see your bambino is doing well (nice and big now) and it looks like you have been through the mill as well! All the best with the pregnancy you give hope that it can happen!
X

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.