Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 112 Posts

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A new home for mummies and mummies to be!

:-* :-* :-*

H

·
Premium Member
1,306 Posts
Hi lovely ladies,

Candy - I'm so sorry Jacob is not well with Colic, it must be sooo distressing to see your loved one in such pain I really feel for you. Sounds like some top suggestions have been made by the girls on here. I have a book called herbal for mother and child that I will try to look in later for a 'natural solution'. I hope that things are settling and that you won't need any more suggestions. Are you managing to get enough sleep to stay 'human'? you need to look after you too hun x.

Megan - I'm sorry you have the distress of pains, i think it best also to check out as you don't need to be under any pressure of worry on top of normal pg worries! I really hope it is pressure and growing pains and nothing to worry about. How are you and are you all settled? How is life treating you?

Fone - How ya doing? Only 2 days to go to membrane sweep! I hope to hear good news of lil ones v soon missy you hear! How have all the tests gone, sick of the sight of hospitals yet? Soon be rid of them, just a little more time.

Rachael MD - Hope MiL is behaving and not giving you any hard times! Do you get on? Hope the knitting calms or how you will have to auction some items on here come 40wks!

Morgan - thanx for your messages. Glad Robin & Oli are settling and have enjoyed the Cranial. Cranial has such a good name for newborns, worth a go I think.

NL, Scarlet, 36, Minkey, Looby lou, ck6, KatyA, keemjay, jess p, murtle, Victoria_In_London, jane12, Catwoman, oink, Holly C, struthie, starr, all other ladies thanks for all your messages and love we have really felt you all with us...

We had our appointment at Fetal Medical Centre (FMC) on thurs where we had a scan to confirm that things were the same, consultant was excellent and explained again that what she had was incompatible with life and would be touch and go even without the Down's. Procedure complete we saw a few more medical people and then got home. Felt so empty totally lost my feeling of connection with my loved daughter.
Some how we got through Friday.
Saturday morning came got all set and off on way to be there for 8.30am. Called on way no beds, go home and call at 11am! Agony!
Went in for 12.30ish and got the bestest midwife, really excellent. To cut a long story short, our daughter Willow came into the world at 10.20pm and is so beautiful and perfect. We were given lots of time with her as long as we needed, photos, foot and hand prints etc we were treated so well.  ^pinkted^
DH was fantastic and allowed to be 'hands-on', he has been a star totally supportive and the absolute rock I needed.
Had to have a D&C (err!) as placenta was stuck solid. In for night. Loaded with antibiotics home we came at 3pm Sunday, sore, exhausted and sad but sure we have done the right thing.

Boobs filled yesterday and woke up so v sore early this morning, leaking. How long will it take for them to realise what is going on? Any ideas? Does anyone also know how long it takes for my uterus to plop down to normal size, if it takes up to 6wks after full term 9/10months what does it take for 6months pg?

We are sorting the funeral arrangements today and hope it will be early next week.

We both feel very sad for the loss, very in love with our daughter but so much in need to try again, we will never replace Willow as she is such a part of us but we obviously want a baby. I guess we have to see how life goes for us, how the emotions settle and see how soon we feel ready.

Thanks so much again for all your support and we hope we can stay in touch. ^Heart^

Lots and lots of love from Charlie and DH xxx

·
Registered
136 Posts
Hi Charlie

You rest and take care, we are thinking of you both.

Take Care

Jane12

·
Premium Member
155 Posts
Charlie, you and your dh are so brave.  Willow is a beautiful name for your baby and I'm glad the hospital treated all three of you with the respect and dignity you deserve.  Look after yourselves.  love rachael md

·
Registered
521 Posts
Dear Charlie and DH

You are special people - I am so sad for you both, but you must take comfort in knowing you have done the right thing by your beautiful daughter. Willow will always be a part of you both and I'm sure she will be a little guardian angel looking after you both in the future.

You are in my thoughts,

Love Molly
x

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
Dear Charlie
Thank you for posting your story - must have been a very difficult one to write.  Am glad that you were able to have a little time with your precious Willow and hope that you and dh are doing ok.  Not sure about the boobs and uterus - best to ask your midwife.
take care
xxx

·
Registered
317 Posts
Charlie & DH,
Thank you so much for writing what has happened - very touched by how strong you are.
Take care of yourselves.  :-*

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
Charlie and DH,

So sorry you had to go through what you have, I do hope that in time you feel able to try again. You can tell them all about there special little sister willow how is watch ing over them.

Thinkin gof you at this difficult time

all my love

Donna xx

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
Sleep tight lil Willow knowing mummy and daddy loved you so very much.

My heart goes out to you Charlie and your DH. You have both been so brave and strong.

You are both in my thoughts and prayers.

lots of love
Murtle
xxx
^fairydust^

·
Premium Member
2,745 Posts
Charlie - Willow is such a beautiful name, I am so glad you were looked after at the hospital!

You should ask your midwife about some tablets that she can give you to supress your milk production, I will look in my books and send you a PM.

Willow will always be with you, in her special place, I will ask my Dad to pop out of the never ending optics bar to keep an eye on her!!

Take care XXX
Love from
Oink x

·
Registered
127 Posts
hi charliezoom and dh.

i have never spoken with you before, but feel so compelled to tell you how very brave and stong you and dh are.  my feelings are so with you.

love to you both, take good care,
crxxx

·
Registered
371 Posts
^daisy^ ^daisy^ ^daisy^ ^daisy^ ^daisy^

IUI BFP mummies!!

Minkey Agatha Elspeth b. 27/01/05 7lb 1oz
Northern Lass Thomas b. 06/02/05 5lb 8.5oz
Elly Nicholas and Alexander b. 06/02/05 3lb 14ox and 3lb 15oz
Floss Jacob and Isaac b. 03/03/05 2lb 10oz and 2lb 8oz
Oink Myles Roger b. 14.03/05 6lb 14oz
Scarlet Poppy b. 18/03/05 8lb 10oz
Morgan Robin Jack and Oliver Arnot b. 08/04/05 6lb 7oz and 7lb 10oz
Thirtysix Imogen Daisy b. 19/04/05 7lbs 6oz
Candy Jacob Edward b. 8/7/05 7lbs 8oz
Charliezoom Willow b.30/7/05 d.30/7/05
Fone Molly and Thomas b. 01/08/05 5lb 3oz and 6lb 9oz

Mummies in Training!!

KatyA EDD 18/10/05 ^baby2^ ^baby2^
Looby Lou EDD 28/10/05 ^baby2^
Actiongirl EDD 18/11/05 ^baby2^
Aussiemeg EDD 18/11/05 ^baby2^ ^baby2^
Clare EDD 01/12/05 ^baby2^
Triciah EDD 16/12/05 ^baby2^
Rachaelmd EDD 30/12/05 ^baby2^
Welshy EDD05/02/06 ^baby2^

Newbies: just let me know your EDD when you feel ready to go on the list and I'll pop you on.

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
Charlie,

Thank you for posting your story.  I can't believe how strong you & your DH are.  Your precious Willow is watching you and sees her Mummy & Daddy being so so brave.

Your tummy will probably go down in the next few weeks, the milk should go much quicker.

Please keep in touch sweetheart,

Minkey xx

·
Premium Member
4,046 Posts
charlie and dh :-* :-* and Willlow ^angel^

hope you are both doing ok after all you have been through this last week. it sounds as though you and Willow were treated with all the dignity you deserve.
i just looked in my flower book and there are 4 types of willow, their meanings are 'love forsaken', 'mourning', 'freedom' and 'bravery and humanity' think those words sum up perfectly your daughter and what you have been through with her.

take care, keep strong and keep in touch
kj x

·
Premium Member
2,489 Posts
Oh Charlie, your story and the other girls support has me in tears, you really are one amazing lady, to take the timeto respond to all of us, before taking the time to tell us what has happened, you have made the right decision there is no doubting that, despite it being the hardest decision, I am sure you have ever had to make and with all my heart, I pray that you never have to go through anything like this again.  Willow is beautiful name, thanks Kim for the meanings, I will be thinking of you and your DH and wishing you both inner strength to get through this and when the time is right I pray that with the help of your new guardian angel your dreams start to come true  :-*

·
Registered
426 Posts
Charlie

I'm so pleased you were all treated with the respect and dignity that you so deserve.  Willow is such a beautiful name for your beautiful baby daughter.  I'm pleased that you've got plenty of memories and spent plenty of time with her as this will help you greatly over the days and weeks to come.

Just to let you know that my boobs returned to normal within a week.  I was told to tighten my bra as much as possible and that seemed to work.  The midwife did say I could get some tablets from the health food shop, but I didn't need them.  Everyone is different though, so best speak to your midwife.  In terms of my uterus, when I saw the consultant in early October, so about
5weeks later, he had a good feel and said that things were returning to normal.  I had antibiotics following my D&C too and was told that this could make things take longer but everything was doing okay.  

I was however told we could try from then (Oct) and we were given chlomid to help things along, as we had the same feelings as both of you about starting again.  

Take care of yourselves.  You're in our thoughts and prayers as I've said in the pm's. 

Love Billie xxx

·
Registered
14 Posts
Charlie,
Just to say thinking of you at this difficult time and was so sorry to hear your news.
Take Care.

·
Premium Member
1,054 Posts
Charlie and Dh

I'm so sorry for your loss. Your words of love and courage about your beautiful daughter Willow have also had me in tears. I hope that Keemjays meaning have brought you some comfortxx
Life is so unfair at times and none of this is fair to you.

I just wanted you to know that i'm thinking of you all, i hope that both our angels are happily looking down on us, keeping us safe and sound.

All my love

Starr xxxx

1 - 20 of 112 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.