H xx

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
IUI GIRLS POSITIVE VIBES CAMPAIGN 2005

^Heart^ ^Heart^ ^Heart^ ^Heart^ ^Heart^ ^Heart^

Congratulations and Stay Put Vibes

^pinkted^ ^blueted^ ^rainbow^ ^pinkted^ ^blueted^ ^rainbow^ ^pinkted^ ^blueted^ ^rainbow^

Minkey 2nd Time Lucky! Baby Agatha Elspeth born Thurs 27th Jan 7lb 1oz
ShellyM 2nd Time Lucky! Baby Conor born Fri 18 Feb 7lb 12oz
Northern Lass 1st Time Lucky! Thomas born Sun 6th Feb 5lb 8.5oz
Scarlet 2nd Time Lucky! Poppy born Fri Mar 18 8lb 10oz
Elly 1st Time Lucky! Twins Nicholas & Alexander born Sun 6th Feb 3lb 14oz and 3lb 15oz
Oink Natural Pregnancy!!! Baby Myles Roger born 14th of March 6lb 14oz
Morgan 26.08.04 IVF convert Twins Robin and Oliver born Fri 8th April 6lb 7oz and 7lb 10oz
Floss 2nd Time Lucky! Twins Jacob & Isaac born March 3rd 2lb 10oz and 2lb 8oz
Thirtysix 1st Time Lucky! Baby Imogen Daisy born Tues April 19 7lbs 6oz
Candy IVF convert Baby Jacob Edward born Friday July 08 7lb 8oz
Fone 13.12.04 1st Time Lucky! Twins Molly Katharine, born 01 August, 5lbs 3oz and Thomas Graham, 6lbs9oz
Jannie38 28.01.05 3rd Time Lucky!
KatyA 08.02.05 2nd time Lucky
Claire the Minx aka Dragoon 22.03.05 2nd time Lucky!
JubJub 25.03.05 2nd time Lucky!
Rachaelmd 20.04.05 2nd time Lucky!
Lucy Lou 30.05.05 4th Time Lucky!
Sims76 Natural BFP!
CR 20.07.05 3rd Time Lucky!!

2ww Baby Makers

^2ww^ ^No AF^ ^2ww^ ^No AF^ ^2ww^ ^No AF^ ^2ww^ ^No AF^

Struthie 29.08.05
Minow 02.09.05
Julie 09.09.05
Eva04 07.09.05
Ms Jules 09.09.05

Rollercoaster Injectors and Stick girls - Go Ladies Go

^banana^ ^banana^ ^banana^ ^banana^ ^banana^ ^banana^

LoobyLu
Freckles

Our turn next - The Baster Addicts!

^Exercise!2^ ^hump^ ^Exercise!2^ ^hump^ ^Exercise!2^ ^hump^ ^Exercise!2^ ^hump^ ^Exercise!2^

Babyfish
Shazia
Kelly Dallard
Marsha Mouse
Professor Waffle
Katrinar
Cindy
Jess P
Laura
Teri
Jane
Molly - break for a while
Manda W
SMCC
Nicola1
Topsham - Laurie
Aliso - going again soon
Jillypops - going again in Sept
Claireabelle -
Nikita
Rachel B - break and deciding on IVF
Holly C - break until September
Kristin M
Donna Taylor
Leah
Le
Gilly2
Skinnybint
Gwen - trying naturally
Kayse
Twinkle Eyes
Alex28
Jo JED - break for a while back to Aus
Mimhg Michelle - break for a while

Special Babydust wishes to the Ladies, who have or are moving on or to other treatments

Lilly2K3 - off to IVF
Jodsterrun - Going to IVF
Aliday - Converted to IVF
PetalB - Going to IVF in August
Erica - Going to IVF
Catwoman - Going to IVF
VIL and Moosey - Going to IVF
Creaky - Going to IVF
CK6 - Back to IVF
CathyA - Going to IVF
BunBun - looking into adoption
KeemJay - looking into adoption

^fairydust^ ^fairydust^ ^fairydust^

·
Registered
97 Posts
Now, you've just gone and put tears in my eyes.

Special person - right back at you.  If I was standing next to you, I'd give you a massive hug.

x

Jillypops - also thrilled you like it!  Thank you so much.
x

·
Registered
294 Posts
Hello girls!
I'm afraid a me, me, me post is about to follow…
I'm due to have a HyCoSy tomorrow. I know it's meant to be similar to an HSG, which I had earlier in the year. It wasn't nearly as bad as I thought it would be, probably because I'd dosed up on painkillers beforehand. But for some reason, I'm absolutely bricking it about the HyCoSy tomorrow.  ^scared^ ^scared^ ^scared^ ^scared^ ^scared^ Has anyone had it done? What's it like? Sorry to be so self-centred! And please, please be honest. I'd much rather be prepared for the worst.
CK6 – I had all the HIV and Hep C tests done before IUI. At least that's one thing I don't have to worry about at the mo!
Love to you all. Sorry no time for personals, must do some work as I won't be in the office much tomorrow…
Love, C xxxxx

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hey ya - Catwoman I had one done last year and I'm sorry but I have to be honest... it's the post painful thing I've ever had done.  It's like getting a filling without medication and the drill hits the nerve but it's in your nether regions.  Weird description - sorry.  Having said that not everyone experiences this.  The good thing was that they were clear and it was the air being pushed through that made it feel like this.  Do take plenty of medication beforehand.  I asked the nurse if fertility procedures were like this as I didn't think I would be able to get through them if they were!  She reassured me that they weren't and IUI is certainly nothing like it.

Good luck and apologies for causing alarm!!

H xx

·
Registered
294 Posts
No worries, Holly – I'd much rather you were honest and thanks for being so honest with me.  :-* I guess it varies from woman to woman, so I'll try not to panic! Did you take any painkillers beforehand?

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
... yup!

I asked the nurse if I was being a total whimp and she said that most ladies don't fear as badly as I did but not to take it personally.  We are all uniquely made.  She was lovely - poor woman I'm sure I left her hand crippled!  I'm very sensitve and know when and which side I ovulate on and experience the slightest twinge etc on a day to day basis. Hopefully you won't have this at all and you will report back that you sailed through it and yes Holly you're a total whimp!!  Hmm maybe that is why 'God' gave me infertility - I wouldn't be able to take the pain of childbirth  ;D

H xxx

·
Registered
756 Posts
Holly...pleeeeeeeease can u add me to this list...feeling left out he he xxxx

·
Registered
518 Posts
Hi, it's great to see all of those success stories, gives us all hope.

********** - I was just reading your blurb and saw that you're at the TW Nuffield. I started going there about a month ago and am on my first IUI cycle - I was there on Mon as well for my 2nd scan so our paths might have crossed! They're really good aren't they? I've got so much faith in them getting me pg. Fingers crossed with the rest of your treatment and hopefully we won't be there next month! ;D

·
Registered
256 Posts
Hi Catwoman

I had a Hycosy a couple of years ago and I promise you mine wasn't soooo bad. Sounds like Holly had a much worse time. I stupidly didn’t take any pain killers ‘cos  though it was going to be just like a smear and I have to say that it was very uncomfortable and immediately afterwards I had bad AF type pains and had to lie down for a minute or two but was OK again within a little while. DH came in with me which really helped.

Massive good luck for tomorrow. Just try and think of it as a positive thing.  Wish it was like the dentist and they gave you a sticker for being a brave girl  :)
xx

·
Registered
256 Posts
Hi lovies

Question of an ‘ahem’ delicate nature. My one follie was 21mm on Monday. Had the trigger jab on Monday morning and couldn’t have the IUI ‘cos nurse on holiday  :(

So had  ^BMS^ Monday night, Tuesday night and last night.  I  think that I ovulated Tuesday as had dull pains in side all evening.

Based on this do you think we have ‘done it’ enough? What is enough as didn’t like to ask the nurse…. :-[

Thanks sexperts

xx

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Looby - just pm'd you  :-*

Miss Jules - I would think you're right on with the amount of bms you've had so you can give poor old DH a rest now!!  Fingers crossed and  ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^

Welcome Freckles!! Lovely to have another Nuffield TW girl on board.  You are the 5th on this thread alone!  You're right - they are a fantastic team and each and every one of them give you the support and appropriate care we all deserve.  Good luck too!

H xx

·
Registered
97 Posts
Miss Jules - Sounds absolutely spot on.  Apparently, according to a couple of docs I've spoken to, BMS every other day throughout the cycle (if you can be arsed!) is good.  But you are most likely to conceive during the 6 days before ovulation.

Fishyx

·
Registered
294 Posts
Sorry about this, girlies – you can tell I'm a bit obsessed at the moment…
Holly, what kind of painkiller did you use? Was it paracetamol or ibuprofen? And have you also had an HSG? If so, how did they compare?
Miss Jules – I feel you need a round of applause for your bedroom shenanigans!  ^clapping^ ^clapping^ ^clapping^ ^clapping^ ^clapping^ ^clapping^ If only I had the energy!! (Thanks for your reply about the Hycosy, by the way. I'm hoping my experience will be more like yours than Holly's!).
Love you all,
C x

·
Registered
129 Posts
Hi Girls,

Not sure whether im in the right place but just wanted to introduce myself as i will be starting my 1st iui soon. I was due to take Norethisterone tablets from 10/9 and then starting injections on 22/9 but i have just had a phonecall today from the hospital and they have had a cancellation so i can start on 5/9. Its also in line with my normal cycle so i dont have to take tablets now i can start injecting straight away  ^banana^ ^banana^ ^banana^ ^banana^ ^banana^

Anyway, im looking forward to gettng to know you all

Take care
Nic
xxx

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Hi Catwoman - no I've never had an HSG...  I took Ibuprofen (sp?)  I've really set the cat(woman) amongst the pigeons haven't I  :-[  Sorry!!!!

xxx

Welcome Nicola - you're in the right place!  Good luck with your new journey!

H xx

·
Registered
294 Posts
;D ;D ;D Don't worry, Holly – I asked for it, didn't I ?!
I had an HSG earlier in the year and tolerated it pretty well; from what I've been told a Hycosy isn't much more painful and is often less so. Ah, well. I won't know for sure until tomorrow, will I?!
Thanks again for your honesty  :-*

·
Registered
256 Posts
Thanks Catwoman! – but knackered this week and hate doing it to order which I am sure everyone here can sympathise with! If you could hear the conversations that have been going on in my house you would larf. ie. 'DH if I'm asleep when you come to bed can you please carry on anyway?'  Glad Holly had a different perspective on the Hycosy as I would rather know all the potential outcomes. Forewarned is forearmed and all that. 

Hi Nic - Bonus! on getting your treatment started early. You'll get all info and support you need here.

^Cuddle^ To everyone

·
Premium Member
1,762 Posts
Julie - Triple J glad basting went well yesterday  ^reiki^ ^reiki^ like I said before one egg & one sperm is all it takes, hoping this is your month. I think it did you good to have a  :'( too, sometimes it needs letting out doesn't it, remember me at the wedding  ::) still haven't faced the MIL since!
Catwoman -  ^goodluck^ for HyCoSy tomorrow
Jilly - How many jobs  :eek: bet the punters love you, you sound like the perfect landlady. Loved the "different entrance" comment  ;D
Kelly - Good luck with decision making & finding a new clinic  :)
Freckles/Nic - Hello  ^wave^ & welcome aboard.
Shazia - Bet you loved Legoland  ;)
G - Cruise sounded great & wishing you all the very best whichever path you choose to take  ^afro^
Kj - Thanks for pm  :-* I appreciate it.
Caroline - Thinking of you mate, how are you doing?  ^hugme^
Marsha - Glad the visit to your friends was ok it must have been very hard & wishing you lots of luck with your  ^2ww^
Babyfish - I'm going to be an auntie again in a couple of weeks so I'm off to look at your website  ^clapping^ it sounds great.
Katrinar - Hope the injections get easier  ^scared^ & that the house sale goes through.
Holly - Big loves to you  ^Cuddle^ you're quiet at the moment, I hope you're ok & keeping your chin up hun.
^hello^ Loobylu, BunBun, Cathy, MissJules, Jess, Manda, Minow & everyone else hope you're all having a good day.

·
Registered
2,004 Posts
Hiya girls  ^wave^

Hope everyone is doing well today.
Well I had my last pregnyl injection last night and today I am knackered!!! Not really been able to do much at all really (except bake a yummy cake but you know that's just one of life's necessarys!)
Having worked out what happens when implantation (if fertilization has taken place) could happen from today onwards (though more likely from Saturday onwards) so trying to keep tummy warm and welcoming....hence the cake, a welcome to your new home cake! :) :)
Um, now I was going to do personals but brain like a thing with holes in it so getting confused as usual. SOmeone asked if I was local to Woking....well close ish, bout 30 minute drive away, traffic permitting.

Definately know that some  ^Cuddle^ ^Cuddle^ were needed. Oh and also had a look at the baby stuff site...lovely. In fact was very interested coz just setting up my own business (early days so don't get too excited) making baby things. Won't be the same though so don't worry i won't be stealing ideas or customers! Just thought I like sewing and making things and would like to earn (need to earn.....just got final bill for this go at IUI and it comes to just over £1200!!!!!!!!!) more money but wanted to do something that would fit in with my career. So not the same at all but I can fit it in around work.

Well waffle waffle waffle eh...really just popped in to give you all a big slice of cake (sponge with raspberry jam filling) ^gift^ Had to wrap them all up (couldn't find a smiley to fit!)....so it's either a getting through the wait to start drugs or happy injecting or sniffing or happy basting/ ^hump^ or special fertilizing or welcome to your new home beanie cake.....does that cover everything? Or just a it's gota be a cake day!

lol to all
Minow x

1 - 20 of 632 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.