New home girls
Love
Dee
xxx
;D ;D ;D

·
Registered
21 Posts
Hi girls, I trust you are all well.  Am feeling very tired at the moment and just want to curl up under my desk and sleep but fear I may get sacked.

Now that the fantastic news has sunk in, I am beginning to worry about it all, am desperate to go for a scan so I can see the little heartbeat(s) and am trying very hard not to turn into a neurotic woman.  Still have symptoms so keep telling myself that has got to be good news and I know there is no reason to think otherwise but our little ones are so precious already.  Mine is only the size of an apple seed and I am in love with it.  I guess everyone feels this way ..... dont they?!?!?

·
Registered
140 Posts
Yes Floss-I reckon we all feel the same way  :)

I was DESPERATE for my first scan at 7 weeks just to see a heartbeat and to know i was a step closer to all being ok in the end.

Am now desperate for my second scan this afternoon just to check the blob is still there and beating away.

Then I will be desperate for my nuchal at 11 weeks,then my first NHS scan etc etc ;D

xx

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
Hello,

Floss - what you are feeling is perfectly normal - I remember being constantly worried that something was wrong, you just need to try & remember that if something was wrong you would know physically, so you will be fine.  I don't think you ever stop waiting for your scans, having just had my 20 week (& last) scan the next time I see my baby will be when he/she is born & that seems like an eternity to me at times!!  When is your scan?

36 - how did your scan go yesterday??  Tell us all about it!

Hope everyone else is well.  I am fine - really starting to get a bump now, I think I finally look pregnant as opposed to having eaten too many pies!!

Minkey x

·
Registered
21 Posts
Thanks for the reassurance, I dont want to appear neurotic.

How exciting to finally get a proper baby-bump Minkey, I cant wait!

36 how did your scan go?

Lisa x

·
Registered
140 Posts
Hi Girls!

Well scan went fine thanks-eventually....

Had a panic becasue the lttle bugger was hiding at first and doc had real trouble finding it. ::)
Then,I couldn't see the heartbeat-another panic. ::)

Anyway,all was fine and blob even seems to be on track size-wise now.

Have nuchal booked for 3 weeks time,the day before I fly to Boston on Business.I will hit 12 weeks while I am out there and am panicking slightly about the flight.What will be will be though I guess.

How is everyone else today?

xx

·
Registered
49 Posts
Hi All

I was so grateful to read all your posts about scans. My 12 week one is tomorrow and I'm convinced something is wrong.  No real evidence of course but I feel like I need the constant reassurance of a picture to convince me it's really real after all this time.

Have been off sick for the last 3 days with a stinking cold. This has given me much time to have angst about whether a) my boobs are getting bigger b) my tummy is getting bigger c) am I sleepy enough etc.etc.
I feel a fool so am mighty relieved to see I am not alone. :)

Hope everyone is OK

Elly xxxx

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
Morning,

36 - glad to hear the scan went OK in the end - I hope you feel abit reassured now?

Elly - good luck for your scan today, let us know how you get on!

Happy Friday everyone!!

Minkey x

·
Registered
49 Posts
Hi Everyone

Scan went OK -- though they took ages and ages and didn't speak much English so I really had to prod them to find out what was going on.  Anyway saw the requisite number of feet and hands and even a couple of noses  ;D
I am so relieved I can at last tell everyone.... But have to wait until DH is home and he is running late.. grrrrrrr

They also did the nuchal test thing and said these results were OK too so now I just have to worry about all the other things that could go wrong!

Hope everyone has had an OK week. My snotty cold is clearing .. hurrah and I am preparing to feed the blobs with their not so healty king prawn dansak.

Elly xxx

·
Registered
235 Posts
Hello!
Well I really must appologise for my irregular postings, work and other commitments mean I'm hardly ever getting the chance to get time to log on. Still feeling really tired, just phoned midwife to check my blood results were ok as most people are a bit shocked I'm as tired as I am. I was taking the philosophy that my midwife would phone if there are any problems..but I was also told by friends not to think like that....and when I phoned her she said she would check and get back to me! Part of me is hoping I'm a bit anaemic and that some iron tablets will see me right. Thanks for the advice on vitmains, will go to the chemist tomorrow and see which ones are ok for me to take.

Enough about me...now yo all of you...I seem to be the only one this week who hasn't had a scan! I'm so pleased your scans went well, Minkey, 36 and Elly. It's so reassuring isn't it.

FLoss, I think its only natural to worry, the worry of the 2ww is just the begining, I think being a parent means a lifetime of worry!!

Anyway, I'm going to have to catch up on all my emails etc...made this my 1st stop as soon as I got online!

GOing to watch some friends doing the Great North Run on Sunday, Minkey was it your DH doing it as well?

Bye for now, Love Northern Lass x

·
Registered
49 Posts
Hi

Hope everyone had an OK weekend. I got my highlights done (at last) which was great... don't feel quite such a trog now.

Also I seem to be less sleepy which is a relief .. am beginning to feel there is a light at the end of the exhaustion tunnel.

Wishing you all a good week

Elly xxx

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
Morning Everyone,

Northern Lass - yes DH did do the Great North Run, he travelled up from London on his own though as it was my nephew's 1st birthday, so I went to his little party instead!  He did it in a good time, so was pleased, but is very tired today though!

Hope everyone else is OK - I walked around Whipsnade Zoo yesterday with my sister & nephew - I was exhausted by the end!  He loved the animals though.

We are off on holiday next weekend - I am really looking forward to the break, but need to spend the week washing etc & working out what we need.

Take care,

Minkey x

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
Hey everyone
Good to hear you're all doing well with scans and stuff.  Just got back yesterday from a lovely week in France.  Very relaxing and it was good to get some sunshine to shake off my neverending cold.

Yep, I'm still worrying as much as everyone else.  Although I'm much happier today as we went for the scan this morning and everything is fine.  Bubs are nearly 2cm now, clever things, and I could see the heartbeats clearly this time - I'm so proud!  The nurses were very pleased with how things are going and have discharged me now but said to pop in and let them now how things go - really nice of them.  It'll be so odd not going to the clinic every week or so.  Mostly I am pleased that I can stop taking nasty cyclogest when I've finished the last last few -  ^pompom^ ^pompom^ ^pompom^

Still feeling a bit queasy especially in the evenings.  I am so not sleeping any better, though - even worse than normal.  On Saturday I was still WIDE AWAKE at 6am and then had to get up at 8 to catch our flight home.  Completely shattered yesterday  ::).  So much for pregnancy making you sleep more - guess it will hit me soon enough.

Minkey - where are you going on your hols?

36 - are you looking forward to Boston?  You should be fine with the flying but get some flight socks and some sea bands and make sure you move around the plane lots.  And tell the check-in staff you're pg so they give you and aisle seat and keep an eye on you.

Hello to Northern Lass, Scarlett, Elly, Floss  ^afro^

·
Registered
49 Posts
Hi Everyone

I'm worried.. this thread is getting very quiet.  Have we all defected to the bun in the oven crowd?

Elly xxxx

·
Premium Member
2,745 Posts
Hi all

I'm sorry I haven't kept up with posting but working 12 1/2 hour shifts has resulted in only short conversations, even with DH, and having to go to bed as soon as I have come in from work!!  :-\

I am so glad everyones scans have been ok, I had a sneaky one at work on friday, it was lovely!! The nose and lips were really clear, and his/her foot was stuck up in the air!!!!

I hope you are all keeping well and working on those names!
Speak to you soon
Love from
Oink X

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
Morning All,

Elly I am still here!  Having a manic week at work as we are off to Cyprus on Sunday ,so I have loads to get done before I take the week off!

My bump is getting bigger daily, I think I  will finally be in maternity clothes for work when I return, I have been putting this off for as long as possible, but there is no denying it now!

Not much else to report, just looking forward to the holiday.  I have booked my next midwife appointment, by which time I will be 24 weeks - it all seems to be going much faster now after the initial 3 months!

Hope everyone is well,

Minkey x

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
Hey everyone
elly - I'm still here!  I keep checking to see if anyone's posted but it has been pretty quiet.  Not defected to the Bun in the Oven but I do post there as well.

Oink - lucky you getting a sneaky scan!  Perks of the job, eh!

Minkey - good to hear you've a nice little bump now.  And you're not in maternity clothes already?  Blimey, you have managed to put it off.  HOpe you have a great holiday!

Northern Lass - did you get any info on your blood results?  sorry you're so tired but I guess it hits everyone differently.

My boobs are going through a bit of a growth spurt.  I am now an offical B cup for the first time in my life - HOORAH!!!!

I am so bored at work, I'm not busy enough to keep myself occupied at the moment.  I know I should be pleased - usually its manic deadlines and chaos.  Must go and find something proper to do........

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
Morgan,

As you mentioned it, I have gone  from DD to an F cup (so far) - so I am sure there is more growth for you yet  ;D ;D

Minkey x

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
Crikey, Minkey -  ^bow^ ^bow^ I'm not worthy!!!!  ;D

·
Registered
49 Posts
Hi everyone

just a really quick note because I'm knackered from my stonmasonry class. 
Hope everyone is OK.. I too post on the bun in the oven thead so it wasn't meant as a criticism.

Speak to you all later

Elly xxxx

1 - 20 of 201 Posts