Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 20 of 85 Posts

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I thought I'd start a new thread specifically for us Iui girls who have got a positive whether through tx, naturally or started off as an Iui girls and then moved onto different tx. I've joined the Bun in the oven thread but missed talking with the people I've got to know. I also thought this thread could be ongoing and that people wouldn't have to move to a different thread as they got to the different trimesters.

It also seems a natural thing to do as I'm optimistic everyone on the current Iui thread will get a BFP and so will all need space to talk then!

Well I'll wait and see.......

Love Northern Lass   ^spin^

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
Excellent idea Northern Lass. Hope I get to join you soon.

luv'n'hugs
Murtle
xxx
^fairydust^

·
Premium Member
2,836 Posts
A wonderful Idea

Dont forget to pop over and see us sometimes  :)

Lots of love
Debs xxx

Ps - good to see that lillypie xxx

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
Great idea, Northern Lass, and good to see you wearing your baby ticker with pride!

Hope this thread is soon bursting at the seams with IUI BFP girlies!
xxx

·
Premium Member
2,745 Posts
I'm still in denial and it really feels like it's happening to someone else, we even went out and bought a pregnancy test yesterday to see if would help it sink in, but it hasn't!!!!

I haven't got excited and don't want to really, not sure why, probably to do with sil losing her baby at 17 weeks only 10 weeks ago!  :'(

I am going to see the girls that work on antenatal clinic tomorrow to see if they will do a dating scan for me, I'm not convinced I'm 9 weeks just yet, but you never know!!

Excellent idea for a subject northern lass, I was wondering how I was going to cope without talking to everyone I know!!

Talk to you all soon
Love from
Oink XX

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It was so nice to come online and see the messages.

Oink - it will take time to sink in, having the scan will make it all the more real.

I'm keeping  ^reiki^ that one by one everyone will get a BFP and this will become the alterative IUI girls thread. I'm also thinking to the future when we can have an IUI grandparents thread as all of us IUI girls become grandparents...although I'm aware this a few years away.

Right off to send a few more emails,
Bye for now, Love NOrthern Lass x

·
Premium Member
2,745 Posts
But I've had a scan northern lass, that's how we found out about junior!!!

Even the hpt I did last night hasn't help it sink in!! My friend, who's a midwife too, seems to think I'm more like 11 weeks!!!  ^chuckle^

Tomorrow is the anniversary of when my Dad died 8 years ago, it's so nice that we have found out this weekend, it makes it a bit more bearable!!! :-\

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I meant the next scan as obviously the one you had showing baby Oink was completely unexpected! I suppose as well because you are between 9 - 11 weeks you haven't  had the last 9 weeks to get used to the idea. I also have to admit it's really only started sinking in for me because we only told family last weekend. I do keep saying to DH "we're having a baby!" and he's like ".....I know!"

Sending you big hugs for tomorrow,
Take care Love Northern Lass x

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
Hi Everyone!

Northern Lass has given me the whereabouts of this thread & as I am IUI girlie here I am!

People always say that success through IUI is low, but this thread proves that it can happen! ^spin^ ^spin^

Oink - congratulations on you BFP!!  I know it takes a long time to sink in, I still can't believe it some days & I have had 3 scans now!

Love to all,

Minkey x

·
Registered
140 Posts
Brilliant idea for this thread although I am liek Oink and in complete denial-feels like it would be tempting fate to get excited.

Wish Iwas 9 weeks-am only 4 and a half-although that two extra weeks we get without knowing it are great.Well I didn't know....I know exactly when conception happened so was counting from there....daft I know.

Oink,hope today wasn't too painful and that Oink junior helped a bit.

Lots of love

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hi Oink,

Just wanted to say I'm thinking of you today and sending you a  ^Cuddle^.

Take care, Love Northern Lass x

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
Hello!

Just seen your post Sarah - CONGRATULATIONS!!  ;D

Nothing else to report, but hello to everyone else.

Minkey x

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
Hi girls
You'll have to excuse me barging on in here THE MINUTE I get my official bfp but I am so giddy - just wanting to celebrate for a moment before reality kicks in and I realise what a scary 9 months I have ahead of me.

I know I'm not really an IUI girl any more - I had to convert to IVF halfway through, but I've just enjoyed hanging out with the IUI girls.  Very nuaghty - tested on Monday but it was a year to the day since dh and me got engaged so I felt it was a significant date and...it was!

Oink - how was your dating scan?  Any news?

hello to all of you, hope you are all feeling good
xxx

·
Registered
140 Posts
Thanks Minkey-still getting used to the idea  :eek:

Went to the dentist today and had to mention I was pg-really odd as this is the first time I have told anyone other than a friend.She said guidelines weren't to do any drilling on pg women and then said I shoudl wait until the baby is born.

That really freaked me out because I don't look or feel pg and still can't quite believe it.She and the dental nurse got all chatty about babys and when is it due etc-weird but also really nice.

Just hope it stays put for the next 8 months.

Morgan-Just fantastic news-told you I had a good feeling about this one! ;)

Oink-how's it going?

Northern Lass-can't wait to get to where you are now-that mythical 12 weeks seems so far away as am only 5 weeks today....

Lots of Love

·
Premium Member
2,745 Posts
Hi all
I haven't got my dating scan until next friday!!! It still doesn't feel real, I phoned the midwife to sort out a booking appointment, it was really weird coz thats normally my job!!!

I keep pinching myself and trying not to get my hopes up, it seems too good to be true!!!

I'd better go to bed, at work for 12 1/2 hours tomorrow!!! just got back from a greek night out with friends from work

Take care all
love from
Oink XXX

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Sorry I've not been in touch for a few days, had been away with work and since then been in bed as a result of really bad headache which turned into a migraine. Felt so ill had to go to Dr's who prescribed me Paramax..felt bad for taking something but pain was too much and decided I had to think of myself as well as baby!

So pleased to hear Latemum and Morgan both got positives..hopefully this board will get busier as more and more people get BFP. Somedays I still can't believe it myself that I've got to 14 weeks.

Got an apt with consultant on 10th, midwife said they would keep an eye on me seeing as it was a lot harder for me to get to this stage that a lot of people...still I'm not complaining!

Hope everyone else is ok and not suffering too much with sickness and tiredness,

Love to everyone, Northern Lass x

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
Evening!
Northern lass - sorry to hear about your migraine - a nightmare when you can't take any decent drugs.  Hope you're feeling better and it must be reassuring to know the midwife is keeping an extra special eye on you.

36 - must have been odd to tell the dentist!  know what you mean about 12 weeks being soooooooo long! 

I've always thought I wouldn't tell people until 12 weeks but there's no WAY I will be able to keep quiet until then.  I've only told the people who new about the treatment - i.e. parents and v close friends.  N-Lass and Oink - have you told folk yet?

Oink - will be very strange for you having the tables turned.  Do you think you will be extra critical of your mid-wife?  I suppose it can only inform your own work though. Don't know if you already have any kids.

Minkey - how's it going for you?  You'll have to be prepared for tons of questions from the rest of us newbies since you're the furthest along!

take care everyone
xxx morgan

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
Hi Everyone,

Great to see this thread is getting busier with IUI positives!

Morgan - CONGRATULATIONS  :) :) Things are going fine for me - as some of the others will be able to tell you (because I moaned constantly about it!!) I suffered from terrible sickness in the beginning, well it has finally eased off to just the mornings, so I am feeling much better.  Getting bigger now though - some of my trousers don't do up anymore, so I have to go to work with the button undone & hope no one notices!  Anyway, ask away any questions you want to!

Northern Lass - sorry to hear about your head - they say headaches are very common in the second tri, I have had a few, but nothing like as painful as yours sounded, poor you.  They do seem to treat you abit specially because of the treatment - I am at a different hospital now that where I had the treatment, but (apart from the very long waits) they have been really nice to me.

Hope everyone is well & enjoying the bank holiday weekend.

Take care,

Minkey x

·
Registered
140 Posts
Hi Everyone,

Well a pretty boring bank holiday for me and have gone down with a stinking cold-well more of a very sore throat and tight chest.Coughing has kept me awake the last two nights.

Northern Lass-sympathy on the migraine-have only had tree in my life but boy....hope you feel better.

Morgan-I was like you,no telling anyone till twelve weeks-yeah right! All the friends who knew about tx and testing dates pretty much know now but I am waiting till 12 weeks to shout it from the rooftops.

I am so worried that I will lose this pregnanacy that I went round Mothercare yesterday-daft I know but it was as though I had the "right" to be there-I am pregnant.Even if it does go wrong I have had a little taste of what being preganant is all about.

Fortunately no sickness yet-poor you Minkey but glad it is getting better.I am not yet 6 weks though so plently of time for it to kick in.

Have my first scan a week today-I know this week will drag.I will only be 6wks and 4 days by then so may not even see a heartbeat but really hope I do.

Anyway,enough rambling-going to take the dog out for a long walk and a game with his frisbee.

Lots of love

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
Hey everyone
36 - don't worry, you will have many happy months and years pootling around Mothercare!  Of course you deserve to go there!  I've not dared go in yet.  Ever, in fact!  You must be so excited about your scan!  Have you got a blood test or anything this week to keep you busy?  Our clinic is doing another bloods on me this thursday so at least it's another thing to do.

Minkey - sorry you're still feeling sick - hope it eases soon.

xxxx

1 - 20 of 85 Posts