EmmaO - Egg sharing hopefully in December 04
Welshy - Starting IVF in the new year
Feistyblue - Finding out if can egg share in the next few weeks
Murtle - IVF in the new year
Night Nurse - IVF in the new year
AussieMeg - IVF in the new year ?
Triciah - Taking some time out ^hugme^
Moodle - Taking some time out ^hugme^

Welcome to all our newest recruits, hoping that IVF is the start of all our dreams coming true C x

·
Registered
199 Posts
;D ;D ;D :) ;D :) ;D :) ;D :) ;D :) ;D ;D :) ;D :)

Hello!

Where is everyone! It so quiet!

Purpleal

·
Registered
268 Posts
Good evening ladies,

How is everyone doing?  Just thought i'd pop in to see whats happening and its clearly not much  ;D

Anyway I am going to go to the doctor tomorrow because I have had a 'muzzy' head since after the iui tx and it won't go away.  Its not a headache so don't need to take painkillers my head just doesn't feel right at all!  If this is how the menopause is you can keep it! I always thought the symptoms come and go on the menopause.

Oh well hopefully i will get an fsh out of my doctor at the very least and may even ask for some referral letters for the IVF at the same time  :)

Well thats all for now.  Great list Candy hope you are keeping well!

Love Nn xx

·
Registered
141 Posts
Hello,
Hope everyone is fine.
Not been on all week so I have just spent ages reading everyone posts.

I see more girls are coming on to the IVF TX....

We had our appointment with the clinic yesterday to go through the IVF process...Screening results came back with no problems...I really knew everything about the process but very interested to find out that the NHS funding we have for one TX is using a private hospital...The Alexandra in Manchester and they only shut on Christmas day so we are having our IVF before 2005.

My first down regging injection is on the 29th Nov for two weeks....I have worked out that EC is around xmas eve or Boxing day..so will be testing New years EVE....This is exactly the time I was conceived .

I have said I do not want a general for the EC, I prefer pain to losing any control....and the Alexandra lets DH in theatre and may be able to watch eggs and sperm mixing....Wonderful.....

I am just really concerned about the down regging but have warned everyone I will be mad woman... ^zombie^

I will be a good girl at all the xmas party's and I will not drink. ^drink^

Well I am off on a lovely Scottish weekend for my DH nieces wedding in a castle...so will have a last drinkey pooh....

Good luck to everyone what ever stage you are at..

Bobble xxxxx

·
Registered
40 Posts
hi girlies

I have come over to join you from the iui board.  I have had 3 failed iui's and am now convinced that my problem is to do with my tubes and there is no point in doing any more so i am moving onto ivf.  I am having a month of in November and hope to start ivf next time af arrives - due beginning of December so no doubt i will be just at the  ^evil^ stage over Xmas.  I think this means i will have ec and et around the middle of Jan which doesnt seem too far away.

I am feeling quite hopeful about the chances of success as i have no ovulation problems and the doc says i have no signs that i would have problems with implantation so fingers crossed.

Also my Mum and Dad have just spent 2 weeks on pilgrimage in Jerusalem and have said lots of prayers and dh has spent 2 weeks on pilgramage in mecca doing the same thing. I guess if txdoesnt work now then it probably never will.

hiya bobble - good luck with your tx over xmas - i wont be too far behind you.

hello night nurse - hope your feeling better soon

good luck and hugs to everyone else.

Lots of love Annie M

·
Registered
426 Posts
Hi ladies,

Welcome across to the IVF thread Night Nurse, Megan and Annie.  I would say that it's nice to have you all but I wish you didn't have to join us if you know what I mean - I mean this in the nicest possible way obviously!!!

It's very quiet here at the minute isn't it, but I'm sure now that there are a few more of us then we'll start posting more. 

I've been away working for a couple of days and am now off work sick.  Not sure what to do about going back.  Having trouble with one of my staff at work which is all that I need when I'm trying to stay calm for the treatment.  It's been going on for over a year now.  She's already been disciplined but it hasn't done any good.  she is going to be disciplined again but she's playing with everyone at the minute - you know how it is - everything has to be above board otherwise the company could get into trouble, so they're letting her get away with loads.  The end result is that my health and wellbeing is being affected as it's me who deals with her - while I was away I became quite run down and tearful so didn't go back to work Wednesday.  Feeling a little better now and just deciding whether to return on Monday or take more time.  I'm scheduled for holiday from 1st December until after ET anyway, so will probably err on the side of caution and go back next week.

Treatment is going okay - I'm quite bruised because of all of the injections - this long protocol is very long!!  Never mind though, it will be worth it in the end!!!

Love to everyone,
Billie xx 

·
Registered
83 Posts
Night Nurse, Megan and Annie - welcome to the thread! Sorry to hear about your bfns but fingers crossed IVF will make all of your dreams come true.

Billie, hang in there. It is a long process. Try not to let work get to you too much and just think about your holiday.

And yay....its Friday!

^banana^ ^banana^ ^banana^ ^banana^ ^banana^ ^banana^ ^banana^ ^banana^ ^banana^ ^banana^ ^banana^ ^banana^ ^banana^ ^banana^ ^banana^

I'm having a really exciting Friday night. Have just watched Mona Lisas Smile - a little slow but ok. Going to see Bridget Jones tomorrow.

Have a good weekend everyone.

Love Debbie

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
Hello everyone
How are you all doing?
Debbie - enjoy Bridget Jones - I can't wait to see it.

Billie - having difficulties with staff isn't what you need right now so take all the time off you can. Is there someone at work you can talk to about how it is all affecting you? Might speed up how they deal with this person.....

Annie - sounds like you have got loads of positive back up. Good luck with downregging.

Bobble - New Year's Eve sounds like a great omen for you!
I didn't have a general either. Pain was not too bad cos of sedation and gas'n'air, and it was fascintating watching what was going on.
DH may not get to see the sperm / egg mixing as they usually do that in the lab, not in theatre. When I had EC, there was an open hatch between theatre and lab and the nurses and embryologist kept shouting stuff through the hatch every time they got an egg - it was like being in a restaurant kitchen! ;D

Candy - how you doing hun? The wait for the first scan is every bit as bad as the 2ww, isn't it? but not long to go for you now and bubs is tucked up snug and safe.

Good luck to all the new recruits and everyone d/r and stimming.
xxx Morgan

whoo-hoo for Friday
^jumpin^ ^jumpin^ ^jumpin^ ^jumpin^ ^jumpin^ ^jumpin^ ^jumpin^ ^jumpin^

·
Registered
199 Posts
Hello Everyone!
Just a quick question....I am very active and go to the gym everyday and do an hour of running and cycling and then some light weights. I am starting provera mid december, see the clinic on the 11th of Jan, then presumably will start down-regging, etc etc and then EC / ET mid February. Does anyone know when I should stop exercising so much? I will definitely stop before the meeting with the clinic in January, but should I stop earlier?

Many Thanks,

Purpleal

·
Registered
76 Posts
Good God Purpleal - how much?? I'm surprised you have the engery to try to get pg  ;D

Actually I wanted to know the same thing.  Not that I do anywhere near as much as you  :-[ but I did wonder about my boxerise/ab attack and gym visits.

Zita West says loads of lounging around and 'nurturing' but I feel the exercise would be good for my stress levels.

Have a good one everyone!

L xx

·
Registered
199 Posts
Hey L,

To be honest, I am not usually that good at going! I usually go 2 - 3 days a week, but we are going to Australia in December and want to look my best for the beach and DH!  ^holiday^  ;D
I dont go on Sat and Sunday, so I cant really be seen to go everyday!
I have phoned my clinic. As soon as they get back to me, I will let you know!

Take Care,

Purpleal (aka Adrienne)

·
Registered
76 Posts
Thanks Adrienne!

I dont feel quite so lazy now  ;D

Although I start d/r on Weds so I'm a buggered if they say stop 3 months before  ;D Oh well.

You're very good tho - I only make the effort for all the other women on the beach.  Dh knows what hes getting so theres no point  ;D

L xx

·
Premium Member
2,836 Posts
Lounging and nurturing - No change for me then  ;D ;D ;D

I have had a very hard day  ;)
Shopping, Relaxing , eating chocolate etc

My My - life is just so stressful  ;D ;D

Hope you all have a good weekend

Looby xxx

·
Registered
268 Posts
Afternoon girls,

The Gym - whats that?  ;D  I am a member of one and pay 30 pounds per month but never go  ;D  I used to before tx began and if you have to stop 3 months prior then guess I'll stop again now  ^roflmao^  (not as I ever started just thinking about it).

Purpleal wish i was going to oz any room in yr suitcase for a big one cos I never go the gym ! LOL

Loobylou buddy have you saved any chocolate for me?  Hope yr ok!

Well my doc is repeating my fsh because of my muzzy head as may be perimenopausal.  Therefore have to get going right away.  I rang the priory on the off chance today to see when I could get an appt for consultation and they said wednesday  ^NahNah^ OMG!  So ave booked it!  Now don't know if I've done the right thing.  We were due to go an look there on Nov 30th and then one clinic at Nottingham the next night.  We have been given the opportunity to discuss IVF with the consultant where we are now but not keen on that due to success rates.  The priory claim 37.7% success rates but is this correct?  Isn't one embryologist the same as the next? 

Oh I'm all confused but need speedy tx before they won't tx me at all!

Sorry for the rant!

Bye for now
NN xx

Ps angus nice to see you here if you know what I mean.

·
Registered
426 Posts
Well we have been busy today haven't we!  You can tell it's Friday and everyone is winding down for the weekend.

Debbiea - Hope you enjoy Bridget Jones.  I've heard mixed reports about it but am dying to see it myself.  Let us know what you think.
Morgan - you made me laugh about the restaurant kitchen - having seen the room that I'll be in, that's exactly what it's like!  I've been watching test tube babies on TV recently and many of the women are all gowned up and get wheeled away to theatre for the EC - nothing like that where I'm going.
Purpleal - I was led to believe that slow exercise in the run up is good but nothing too vigorous.  Can't believe how energetic you are mind - I was tired just reading your post!!
Angus - hope all goes well from Wednesday.  When is your EC and ET timetabled for?
Looby - I'm definitely with you on the lounging and nurturing - shopping, relaxing and eating chocolates is right up my street!
NN - wow that's happening quickly isn't it!  Finding out about the Priory can't do any harm can it?  It all happened quite quickly for us as well.  We were originally told after Christmas when we asked but after IUI 5 they told me the EC was timetabled for 6th December and ET for the 8th - I have to say it stopped me worrying too much as we just got on with it.
Candy - take care of yourself hun.  Don't stress too much about the first scan - easier said than done I know.
Tricia and moodle - hope you are both okay and looking after yourselves and your DH's.
Starr, Bobble, Emma, Welshy, Feistyblue, Murtle amd Megan - hello to you all!

Have a lovely weekend everyone.
Love Billie xx

·
Registered
199 Posts
Hello!

I also posted this on another thread, so excuse me for cutting and pasting the same message! Just saves me from typing it again!

Angus (L) (and anyone else who's is interested), I have spoken to my doctor who said I can carry on as normal until I get +- halfway through my injection regime. As I get further into the injections and the ovaries start getting stimulated, it is better to cut down and do light exercising. That suits me fine, because I plan on cutting down to twice a week from the end of December anyway!

To be honest, I don't really enjoy gym that much! I used to play alot of sport at home in South Africa and if I don't do any exercise now, I tend to get flabby!

Looby - you have absolutely the right idea - relaxing and eating chocolate! Once I am done with this, I am going to go lounge on the sofa with DH and have a chocolate twist!

Night Nurse - It is so hard to choose a clinic. To me, they all seem the same, but so different if that makes any sense !! I think it boils down to how they make you feel when you see them.

Debbiea - Hope you enjoy Bridget Jones! I read a review that said it was rubbish however, they expect it be one of the biggest grossing movies of the year, so it cant be that bad.

Billie - it is amazing how one person can cause so much stress for you at work. We have a guy in our team that everyone hates. He causes so much tension it is unbelievable - we have to grin and bear it unfortunately. I hope it gets sorted asap.

A BIG HELLO to Annie M, Megan, Bobble, Murtle, Starr, Welshy, Feistyblue and anyone else I may have missed

Take Care everyone and Speak Soon!

Purpleal (aka Adrienne)

·
Premium Member
2,489 Posts
Hi Guys

Hope you are all having a nice weekend, we went to a comedy night Thursday with work, had friends over last night and are moving offices this weekend, the next two weeks, I am fully booked with training, many of the visits are on site, so I won't have much time to think about anything ... what it does mean though when work is manic, that my brain can't shut off or sleep and when I do, I have nightmares !!!

The last three nights, its been stressful @ bedtime, last night my DH was dying and we were doing video footage for the baby(s) to be, saying how happy he was when he saw the positive test etc as he wouldn't be there to see them, it felt so real and woke up so upset, last night I was attacked and m/c .... I guess my mind is just so full of stuff and overflowing with work, I have always dreamt allot, but been ages since I have had nightmares and not 3 in a row ....... I have had some cheese though, so will try without 2night and let you know... really need some sleep.

Purpleal, I agree with your doctor, although personally I wouldn't do any excercise from stims onwards, but this is purely my view as any excercise directs the blood flow to your extremities and therefore away from your abdomen, the blood flow helps grow the follies (according to Zita West) she actually says not to do anything but light excercise during down regging to, but I think stimming on wards is most important.  She says light excercise like yoga is possible on 2nd week of 2www, but nothing during 1st.

Louby glad you are managing to relax, will put you in good sted.

Nightnurse, if iw as to choose again, I would find a clinic with no set rules, where your schedule is done round your body and not round there appointment book, my clinic has booking in days, depending on when your AF arrives, the cut off is like this Sunday of each week, so Tricia has her AF arrive on the Sunday so she falls into the group that down reg for up to 2.5weeks, mine arrived on say the Monday (day after) which mean I fell into the next weeks group and had to down reg for 3.5 weeks, it wasn't quite like I have described, but I feel that process is unfair, when most people here down reg for an initial 2 weeks only.

The success rate is properly right, but maybe not the life birth rate, which I always like to know, many clinics have better stats as they are more fussy about who they treat, i.e not over a size 12 lol that means hardly anyone ;) was it broken down into age sectors to ?

Debbie, how was the film ?

Angus good luck from Wednesday, let us know how you get on.

Billie hope the cycle is going well, sorry about work the last thing you need x

Hi Morgan, it is a worrying time, but hopefully after the first scan things will be easier, I am dreading having an internal scan for it though (for past reasons)

Welcome anniem, good luck with your cycle.

Not too many personals or in details as have skimmed over the posting a tad to try and catch up, love to all not mentioned C x

·
Registered
83 Posts
Hey everyone

Candy, great to see you back. Sounds like work is keeping you busy. Hope the nightmares go away soon.

Purpleal, thanks for sharing your information. My dr has always told me to continue exercising but I have cut down a lot.  From 6 times a week to about 3 - 4 and only light stuff. Looby, i'm with you on the chocie thing at the moment - can't get enough of it. BTW Purpleal,pack heaps of summer clothes for your trip downunder - it is bloodly hot here at the moment!

Bridget Jones was a good laugh - a bit over the top but how bad can anything with Colin Firth in be ;D Went with dh and a good friend. Then went for dinner after and good friend broke the news that she is 7 weeks pg. So happy for her but at the same time keep wondering what is wrong with me. She had only been trying for one month!!!! It is so good to have you guys at times like this.

Hi to Morgan, Moodle, NN, Angus, Billie, Annie, Bobble and anyone I have missed.

Hope you are all having a good weekend!

Love Debbie

·
Premium Member
2,489 Posts
Hi guys, PC is in at work, so thought I would type this up while we have a lunch break, as once everyone is up and running I will have next to no privacy at work anymore.

Having been asked for some tips on what did I do on my IVF cycle … here goes, firstly please don't take anything I say in stone, this is purely what I did and my reasons for it … this will not guarantee a positive, nothing can, even if you did everything I did and more you are still in the hands of god and in the middle of the statistics, but I do firmly believe that this helped me achieve my goal. ^cloud9^

Try to enter every treatment cycle with a positive attitude, think of IVF as a course of treatment, I would suggest buying the Zita West Fertility & Conception book (The complete guide to getting pregnant) if you don't have it, it was my bible throughout my IVF, reminded me to think positively.

^fairydust^ ^fairydust^

3months before

1. Take some Vits I personally took the Marilyn Glenville Vitamins + 500mg of Vit C (As she recommends 1000mg a day and the MG tablets don't have that much in) + 1000mg of Flaxseed/linsead oil again recommended in the Marilyn Glenville book. I also started taking 60mg of Q10 (Recommended by Zita west 50-90mg a day) but only took that from downregging as its bloody expensive and I feel is most important after ET until PG test as helps with blood flow !

No reason why you couldn't mix your own vits or use the Zita West ones, my DH did exactly the same as me above, Q10 is meant to be great for sperm count to.

2. Get into the habit of drinking a minimum of 2litres of bottled/filtered water.

3. Start to eat healthily, I ate more brown things like brow rice and pasta and lots of chicken, fruit and veg and ate less red meat, had yogurt drinks with live bio and took no ibuprofen.

4. Cut out caffeine and chocolate (Not totally on the chocolate front, but made an effort)

5. :earn to relax and believe it can happen - I listened to a hypno CD to try and relax me and make me believe I could be a mum, Angus recommends one on the IUI thread, I used http://www.nourish-fertility.com/ I can't say I really got into this, but I did do it and who knows it might have helped, I also did it during downregging, but was bored of it by stims (Purely because I never switch off, many people fall asleep which is a great sign)

During Down regging

1. I stuck to all of above all through treatment, tried to relax as much as possible, early nights and did little or no exercise (Zita West says avoid all aerobic exercise while the reproductive system is shutting down)

2. Increase protein, I Tried to have 60g a day although I didn't stick to this ridgidly, I just made an effort, protein helps the eggs grow, carried this through stimming and 2ww

Stimmimg

1. Avoid exercise as this redirects the blood away from the follies. Lie down with feet up when ever you can.

2. Keep the abdomen warm, personally after work, I would lie in bed watching tv, with a water bottle (not too hot) on my tummy (moving it round the sides or using two) its important to keep the lower abdomen warm to improve the blood flow.

3. Positive thinking, I tried but was crap at this, but to use positive visualisation, telling myself that my folies were maturing nicely and were of good quality , that my lining was getting thick and strong, 10mins of deep breathing, while doing the above, really helps the blood flow.

4. Kept at the Protein as above.

5.Avoided any ibuprofen etc

6. Continued drinking water but at room temperature

EC

1. Take arnica - Zita west recommends 4 x 6c of arnica (homeopathic remendy boots sell it) a day from day before EC to ET day, may help prevent damage to internal tissues and brusing

After ET/2ww

1. Most importantly, minimum of 3 Days complete bed rest - Lying down allows blood to flow to your endometrium, cannot guarantee a PG, but gives best chance of implanting according to MG

2. Carry embryos with pride, visualise them growing dividing and embedding (5 days after fertilisiation they start to break out of there shell and hopefully should imbed over the next 2 days, so first week is most important)

3. No excercise, not even housework for the first 7 days

4. Take a Q10 supplement, helps with blood flow

5. Keep the abdomen warm (But stop using a hot water bottle) stay warm tucked up in bed and eat warming nourishing foods, such as red cabbage, red tomatoe/pepper soups If you have something cold like a salad warm it up with a jacket potatoe.(Molly W previously posted info on this)

6. Keep drinking water at room temperature

The 2nd week, you can do light things, like a leisurely walk, but only do very light tasks, you can't have baths, go swimming, do the dead etc, carry on avoiding caffeine

I really hope that each and everyone of you gets there well deserved positive soon, all my love and best wishes Candy xxx

***Hope I haven't missed anything, will edit if I have or remember anything later***

1 - 20 of 2234 Posts