Fertility Friends Support Forum banner

1 - 20 of 193 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Peeps

Not sure if anyone will join me, but would be nice to track the progress of the IUI girlies who have moved to IVF, I don't get much time to read the threads at the moment and just know if I posted this on the IVF section for 1st time IVF'ers I couldn't keep up.

So I will start off, 1st day of stims today, have my first scan next Friday 15th.

At least if no one else joins me, I can keep track of my own progress lmao Candy xxx

------------------------------------

IVF Graduates

Morgan - BFP with Twins !! August 04 ^cloud9^

IVF Students

Emma Jayne - In 2ww ^reiki^
Candy - EC 18/10 Test Date 03/11 ^reiki^
Triciah - EC 18/10 Test Date 04/11 ^reiki^
Moodle - EC 19/10 Test Date 05/11 ? ^reiki^
Billie - Starting D/r soon, 1st scan 24/11 ^reiki^
Looby Lou - Stims approx 19/11/04
DebbieA - Starts Stims again in November ^reiki^

IVF Recruits ^fairydust^

Starr - Trying Naturally for a while of operation ^reiki^
Bobble - 1st appointment 22/10
EmmaO - Egg sharing hopefully in December 04
Welshy - Starting IVF in the new year

·
Premium Member
2,836 Posts
Candy,

I look forward to joining you very shortly,

Meanwhile I will share with you  ;D ;D

Looby xx

·
Registered
68 Posts
What a good idea Candy. It is very difficult keeping up with everything on the IUI board. All gone a bit big brother! So many new peeps which is fab. However this will be great for everyone who knows exactly where they are at and for people like me who like to keep tabs on what everyone is up to!
Good luck for next Friday. I am sure I will be on here before that.
Is stims the sniffing? It all sounds so exciting. Bet you can't believe it is all finally happening. Oh maybe twins! Just one would be nice. I hope it works. Is the sucess rate higher that IUI? You would think so but I am not clued up on this.
Got to dash as my toast is calling out to me - EAT ME EAT ME >>>>>>>EAT ME NOW!

·
Premium Member
1,054 Posts
Hiya Candy

I was only thinking the other day about a thread for us iui'ers now going onto ivf. You beat me too it!!!

Hopefully by the time i start in jan you will be on the bun in the oven thread ^reiki^ ^reiki^.

Will keep tabs on you. Hope the stimming is going ok.

Lots of love and  :-*
Starr xxx

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
Hiya Candy.  I was wondering if you'd start a thread here - great idea.  Been wondering how all you IUI/IVFers are getting on and it's nice to keep up with a few old faces!  There are so many newbies on IUI now I don't know them all anymore  :(

Do you know how long you stim for - is it about 2 weeks, like IUI?  I don't know exactly how it works cos I got converted mid cycle.  How are you getting on with it?  It's such a lengthy process it must be even more emotionally draining than IUI.

Scarlet - the success rate for IVF is higher than IUI.  Depending on age and circumstances, it can be up to 30% success rate.  but on the down side is is more time, medical interventaion and expense.

By the way - we thought we had got away with it, but the bill finally came through the post yesterday for the full IVF treatment, minus what we'd already paid for IUI.  :mad: Gutted - there goes the new car!  ^smash^ ^smash^ ^smash^ Oh well, it's definitely worth it so I'm not complaining.  But so mean of them to leave it so long and let us think they'd forgotten!  ::)

Good luck all - hopefully we'll be seeing you in the BFP thread very soon xxx

·
Registered
83 Posts
Candy, what a wonderful idea - would love to join you. Have been going through a rollercoaster of emotions on IVF and haven't really got into the IVF thread.

I was supposed to start jabbing today but they have put me off until Monday so I am not far behind you. And I have my first scan and blood test on Friday 15th so we will be able to compare notes :)

Do you know if you are having one or two embies put in. For some reason this question is occupying most of my thoughts at the moment. Doc says one but I think I will discuss it with him again so I am clear on everything.

Morgan - a bummer about that bill!

Take care! I'm off to my bed.

Love Debbie

·
Premium Member
2,489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Good morning all ... some peeps to talk to  ^afro^

Debbie, I am the same, initially I didn't find a thread to join and haven't really been reading that section now, I have a lovely group on the cycle buddies, but just can't keep up anymore.

Good luck with the injecting on Monday, this is the best bit for me and I am going through a really positive stage as I didn't enjoy the sniffing, I know we still carry on sniffing, but having the fact that we are diong something positive, encouraging egg growth is the fun bit, looking forward to both of us having our scans on Friday.  Hope you are not feeling too ****ty from the d/r

If I have enough embies (fingers crossed) I will definately being having two put back, its 3 back if over 40 here and 2 if under ... if I go onto be successful there is a 1 in 4 chance of twins, I did hear that the HFEA (The governing body here) was trying to change this so only one ever went back.  I think at the stage my embies are going back, 2 days after EC, as they are going back in earlier than nature intended, I am glad to have 2 put back in (as this is the sateg most IVF's fail), I think that maybe if I was waiting til blococyst stage (excuse my spelling) where the egg is put in, just as its ready to hatch out and embed, rather than mine that will have another 3 days to get to that stage, I would be more comfortable about having one put back in, but at the moment, i feel two is double odds, although it proberly isn't.

Did I read that your clinic only wants to put one back, if this is the case, I am sure they know what they are doing and have hopefully found the succes rate to be around the same for having 1 or 2, it also of course decreases the chance of multiple births, which in an ideal world seem wonderful, but in reality must be very hard work and of cours ethere are added risks associated.

Think I have rumbled on enough, but Debbie as hard as it is, if they have made that decidion, you have to try and trust them and not worry about what anyone else is doing or having put back.. I used to getupset with IUI, that I only had one follie and why was I not having pesseries, even now, I know my clinic only prescribe pesseries until a positive test or a negative... where as most people carry on 4 3moths, we just have to try and be positive and focus on our treatment, and try not to compare, hope I haven't gone on too much and I pray that if you have one or two embies put back, that your dreams come true x

^fairydust^ ^fairydust^

Hi Morgan, nice to see one of our sucessful ladies post, I personally stim for 8 initial days, then have a scan, my dose surprised me and isn't actually much higher than i was on for IUI, but ever the optimistist, I am determined to get lots of follies ! Its been ok Morgan, it is a long process, but the stimming is the start now, so its like a mini IUI now lol ... Morgan, I really don't think you shoudl ahve to pay, despite it being the most amazing result, they still got your dose wrong, but hey those little bundles will be be worth every penny  ^cloud9^

Starr, feel free to join us until then, with any questions/concerns, before we know it Christmas will be here and you wil be starting out with your TX, if you can its good to try and forget about things for a while though. :-*

Scarlet, lol @ the BB comment, I must admit I haven't got into reading those posts, time has been very restrictive, but being able to look at Angus's list to see if I have missed any good news is good.  Stims is the injecting, the sniffing is down regging (d/r) which we still do while sniffing.  The success rat eis slightly higher than IUI, but as Morgan has said the process is much more ridimented and drawn out not to mention costing 4 times as much, thanks fora sking after me/us xx  :-*

Looby, you can share the headaches and hot sweats ;) nah I wouldn't be so cruel, good luck with your appointment and blood tests this month  ^reiki^

Love and luck to all C xx

·
Registered
12 Posts
Great candy ...you did start the thread :) :)

Well I had my second dildo-cam today and my ovaries are being  ^evil^. not growing enough follies yet and will have to up the injections. Have stimmed for 5 days now. next scan 13/10/04

Usually this would be fine but at £28 a vial its ^censored^
and to make matters worse i'd seen a lovely pair of boots I wanted and they are out of the window now :'(.
I know its not helpful to think about how much this is costing but am really croos that  ^evil^ ovaries are costing me my boots!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hmmm I've had a stern talking to them and explained!!!

Candy we have 2 embies put back in too (if we grow some). your tip for taking the vial out of the fridge definately worked and DH has been sacked as was getting a tad too sadistic :eek: !!!

Hiya debbiea thought you had started too! What are you injecting on monday??? I think that they probably have a good reason for the one embie. are they going for a blastocyst transfer????

Morgan i will stimm for 14 days every day. thats a shame they caught up with you!! but like you say it was worth it!! How is the bump???

Louby and starr join us now,.... you will be experts by the time you get to treatment ;D

Mxxx

·
Premium Member
2,489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Moodle, so glad that the injections are not so bad now, last nights injection, has left me with a huge bruise, I much prefer the autoinjectors I had for all my IUI's with this new pen I have (That already has the drugs mixed up) you can't tell if you have actually injected enough, with the little vials like you have, at least you know its empty if you get me.... also I loved watching DH mix it up, sad I know

Anyway I am having to inject myself tonight, 1st time where I can see what I am doing, but going to be brave ! lol @ you taking the job back off of your DH.

How much were you taking and what dose are you on now, I am on 150 gonal F for 8 days, which I don't think is very high as with IUI, I had 150 for two days then down to 75 (I have already typed this somewhere recently, so must sound like a moaning mini hehe)

5 days is quite early really, so hopefully by Friday you will have lots of beauties, don't worry about the boots 2 much as you will soon be pregnant and have fat swollen ankles so they won't fit  :p

Must dash and prepare myself 7.30 is looming ....... arghhhhhhhhhh love to all C x

·
Registered
12 Posts
how did it go Candy??? Mines 9pm injection time, with a bar of chocolate as reward!! ;D ;D
I'm with you about doing your own injection! I have a moment when I hover and cannot screw up the courage to push it in. He He He..  that sounds rude...!!!! not meant to be :-[ ^evil^

I'm on puregon and when I did IUI had 1 vial of 100iu. last week was injecting 2 vials and today had to go up to 3 vials ^scared^ (2mls!!!)
chaeted a little and did it in 2 different sites as stings lots when there is too much.

Am beginning to look like a pin cushion :mad:

I would happily sacrifice all the boots in the world for that elusive BFP.....thats what i shall console myself with ...
repeat after me, I will have fat ankles...I will have fat ankles... ;D ;D ;D

sleep well

Mxx

·
Registered
83 Posts
Hey everyone

Candy, thanks for the advice - exactly what dh says. Doc knows best :)

Have had a very very heavy AF this weekend. Have never had one like this before and it has been a little scary. Have been totally knackered so I think the d/r has finally hit. Can't wait to start injecting tomorrow night to get onto the next stage. I am using the perugon pen again - same as I did for IUI. Had to use the vials for my HCG injections though and hated them. Always left with a horrible bruise and a sore tum for the rest of the night.

Have had another amazing weekend here although we are desperate for some rain.

Went to a one year old bday party yesterday. Thought I had better make the effort and managed to stay an hour.

Moodle, we are doing the blastocyst transfer. How about you?

Enjoy your Sunday!

Will tune in tomorrow.

Love Debbie

·
Premium Member
1,054 Posts
Thanks for the invite. I like being a recruit!!!!!

Well feeling a lot better today, just had a lovely shower and for the 1st time in 10 days i'm actually going to bother to dry my hair properly and get the straighteners out. I might even out on a bit of make up!!! :-*
Going to mum and dad's for lunch mmmmmm

Glad you are all ok. Sounds quite scary lots more involved than iui!! I will be an expert eh!!

I've offered to write a diary for the new ff newsletter!! i know i'm crazy. They've asked me to start it before the end of oct and put about the wait to start. Not really sure how to begin!! I think i'll wait until after i see the cons next monday to check on my op and they maybe write an introduction. What do you think??

Lots and lots of love

Starr xxxxxxxxxx

·
Registered
141 Posts
Hi Girls,
I hope I can join you.....

I have just this morning had AF arrived after my 3rd IUI and will be going on to IVF....

I have no idea when this will be and need to speak to my clinic tomorrow and will hopefully get more news about when I will be starting....

My first thing will be to tell my manager at work which I have managed to keep the iui-s private as I have taken my holidays for the tx....

I think she will be fine thank god she is a women....

I have been reading about all the appointments you need to go to for IVF and it sounds a little more medical....Actual mini menopause ......I am moody at the best of times....

Another thing I have just found out this weekend from my sister is that my Grandmother had early menopause at 35 years so this is something I need to discuss with my clinic.....

Anyway hopefully I will post when I have more info on when I will be starting....
Take care all and Goodluck....
Hopefully I can join in .....

Bobble xxxxx :)

·
Premium Member
2,489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Morning, Moodle, it took me ages, once I got the pen needle in, I couldn't push the top down, so had to swop hands, loose the pinch of skin, for a while I thought i would have to pull it back out without doing it, but eventually managed to push the top and wait for the clicks, don't think I will be volunteering to do it again in a hurry, so DH can't work past 7.30 again hehe

The chocolate sounds fab, I have tried to give it up as I am a chocolholic.

Hopefully that increased dose will do the trick.

I repeat ... We will have fat ankles...We will have fat ankles... 

Hiya Debbie

As you are waiting to blaco stage, one is more than enough, at that stage its just ready to embed, perfect timing, I don't believe my clinic does that and I know other clinics, its like £600 more to wait till that stage, I will ask when I go in next, but I think I will roll with the treatment this way and if I ever have to go through it again, I will seriously consider it.

Sorry to hear you AF, was so heavy, I know over here we have to have a bleed b4 we can inject and mine was longer and stronger, so it must be a good think, means the d/r is working

Hope the party wasn't too hard for you, hopefully we will all be having parties, infact we will be celebrating from day 1 x

Bobble, sorry to hear your news, you will still be raw from the IUI and its a good idea to take some time out from the injecting etc, but does help to get things moving, I had a 3month wait after my failed IUI (Or something like that) good luck telling your manager and at your next appointment, hopefully they can put your mind at rest with regards to early menopause.

I haven't been moody really and I am a stroppy cow normally, I am menopausal now and really feel on top form, well now I am injecting ... have had the hot sweats and some migraines, but I dunno something about having IVF and it being that next step, seems to keep me going.

Any questions just ask and Welcome xx

Starr, yummy I love sunday dinners, glad you are feeling more like your old self, I can'tremember when I last blow dried my hair properly .... arghhh must make more effort

Good on you for offering to right a diary, will have a think about your questions at work tommorow, DH is nagging me to get dressed to go to ASDA, 1.30 and I am not dressed.

C xx

·
Premium Member
2,836 Posts
Morning all,

So what Scrummy things did you buy us in Asda ??? Did you see my list - it said Chocolate, chocolate and chocolate  ;D ;D

Sorry girls think all this waiting is driving me mad  ;) ;) or should i say Madder !!
At least i shall be an expert by the time i start,

Sending  ^reiki^ thoughts to you brave stabbers !! and   ^Cuddle^ to Bobble xx

Starr you and i can wait together - Bit like Cycle Buddies - But Wait Buddies  ;D ;D
see I've gone mad  ^zombie^

Hope everyone has a relaxing sunday
Byeeeee
Looby xx

·
Registered
68 Posts
Hi girls just snooping on your IVF thread. Very interesting stuff on here. Candy it sounds amazing talking about your embies. I will be back on the 15th to see how your scan goes. Good that you have someone that is going through the motions at the same time as you. That is one of the things I loved about the IUI thread. You all helped me no end. The thread is just not the same anymore. It was my lifeline and I feel like I have lost my friends as everyone has dissappeard onto different things. Still missing Aless's mad postings. I know she is having time off for an operation but that seems like forever!
I will keep following your postings until you are pregnant and then I will be very excited.
Good to hear that IVF is 30% more likely to get you pregnant. Wow lucky I did not know that before or I would have been after it like a bull in a china shop. Thanks Morgan I think. Good luck to you all going through your treatments next week and scans.
Hope you don't mind if I pop in once a week just to see how it is all going for you.x

·
Premium Member
2,489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Currently going out of my mind as I have lots of egg white and thats not normal surely, after all I am meant to be menopausal, well I am meopusal, have posted on ask a nurse and will call my clinic 2morrow.

Looby, trust me the waiting is the hardest bit, what dates your appointment again ?

Hi Scarlet, my clinic is not as high as 30%, but hey I am determine dto be one of those succesful % stats anyway ! Nice to know you are keeping an eye on us, loves ya

Going to go and do the deed, not that I have any sex drive now I am menopausal ;)

Cx

·
Premium Member
2,836 Posts
Candy,

I'm sure i saw a similar question recently and the answer was it was fine,

Will have a Quick look but have to be in london for 7.30  :mad:

Take Care Today,
catch up later,

Looby xx

·
Registered
47 Posts
Hello Girlies ;)

I haven't posted here for a couple of months but wanted to pop in and say hi.

It sounds like your all getting on fine, good luck all you stabbers xx

I've got to wait till 25th October to find out if i'm acceptable for egg sharing, fingers crossed that i will be.  Hopefully if everything goes ok i should be started about december, can't wait. 

Sending you all loads of luck ^fairydust^

Emma xxxx

·
Registered
83 Posts
Hey

Have just had my first jab and am feeling a little sorry for myself with a sore tum :p

It seems like so long since I last jabbed.

Candy, what did they say about the egg whites? Hope you are going ok with your injections. Thanks for all of you support. I can't believe it costs 600 pounds (don't have the pounds sign on my computer) for blastocyst. It costs around $600 here which is about 200 pounds. Do you get any of that back?

Starr, the ff diary sounds interesting. If you are ever stuck for content I'm sure we could all help you out!

Scarlett, how are things going with you. Getting closer and closer to that 13 week mark :)

Emma, let us know how you get on with the egg sharing.

Moodle, how are you getting on with your injections. Just think of all of the 'little booties' you could get when you get that bfp :) When is your next scan/test?

Looby, hang in there. Hopefully the time will pass quickly.

Take care everyone.

Love Debbie
xxx

1 - 20 of 193 Posts