Fertility Friends Support Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today I had my second IUI. Until an hour ago I was extremely happy because I have 3 eggs and dr. said that my dh had done a "good count". But when I asked, he said "94% motility" and "we are putting 3 millions in there". Is not 3 million a low count? May be I understood 3 and he said 30?.

The other question is: how long does the washed sperm live? I got my IUI at 3.30 and my dh gave his sample at 12.30, due to a clinic schedule rearrangement. I asked the dr the question and he said that washed sperm lived between 4 and 8 hs. Is that truth?

Sorry about so many questions. Today is my first day of 2ww and I am trying to put my mind at rest.

Many thanks, Aless!!  

·
Registered
2,229 Posts
When a count is given at IUI it is the actual count of how many sperm are being put in and 94% are moving compared to a sample of say 20 million and only 40% moving. We put in the best of the best. Washed sperm can live a number of hours and have been known to survive even overnight sitting in a pot on the bench. The sperm would have been fine for your treatment.

Sarah

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
MANY THANKS, Sarah. I need to think on other things now. Love, Aless :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts