Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After some advice again if you don't mind.....

My IVF cycle has been converted to IUI due to only having 3 follies.  I'm ok with that as at least it's not cancelled altogether.

I'm due to do my last suprecur jab in 30 mins or so, then HCG at midnight tonight.

I'm feeling so bloated & tender though I'm a bit worried about what's happening.  I can't even do up my 'fat day' jeans at the moment.  Apart from that I feel fine.

Is this normal?

·
Registered
7,355 Posts
Hi,

I didn't have too much bloating and tenderness with my 3 IUIs, but I def did with IVF. What drugs have you been on? I was on 250 Puregon a day and I'm pretty sure it contributed to my bloated feeling....I had ET yesterday and haven't been able to get into most of my trousers for over a week now (getting quite embarrassing at work having to go round with buttons undone  :))

So I'd say it's pretty normal. Try to drink lots of water - I know that sounds odd when you feel really bloated already, but apparently it's the best thing to do....at least a couple of litres a day...

Good luck with your IUI,
Laura
x

·
Registered
2,141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you Laura.  I was on 225 menopur until my day 8 scan then dose was doubled to 450 until Friday am. I took 225 Fri night and now am about to do the HcG shot at midnight.

It's good to know that the bloating is normal.  I'm taking the week off work so hopefully will be back to normal by the time I have to squeeze back into my work stuff.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts