Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wonder if you can help?

I have just had a third cycle of IUI abandoned – the first cycle was abandoned as no follicles developed. The clinic thought this was due to my dosages being too low so for cycle 2 I was on buserelin spray and 225 intl units of menogon. No follicles developed that time either. At the time I was suffering very badly from nasal congestion as a result of hayfever which they thought might be affecting the efficacy of the buserelin spray. So for cycle 3 I was given a prostap injection rather than the nasal spray and I continued on 225 units of menogon. I went for a scan at day 8 and two follicles measuring 11 & 13 were visible. However a further scan on day 10 showed only one follicle & my blood results showed that my hormone (oestrogen?) levels had fallen.

What could cause my hormone levels to fall whilst on prostap & menogon? And are there any alternatives that we could try.

Many Thanks,
Ailsy

·
Registered
856 Posts
ailsy said:
I wonder if you can help?

I have just had a third cycle of IUI abandoned - the first cycle was abandoned as no follicles developed. The clinic thought this was due to my dosages being too low so for cycle 2 I was on buserelin spray and 225 intl units of menogon. No follicles developed that time either. At the time I was suffering very badly from nasal congestion as a result of hayfever which they thought might be affecting the efficacy of the buserelin spray.

Very likely.

So for cycle 3 I was given a prostap injection rather than the nasal spray and I continued on 225 units of menogon. I went for a scan at day 8 and two follicles measuring 11 & 13 were visible. However a further scan on day 10 showed only one follicle & my blood results showed that my hormone (oestrogen?) levels had fallen.

What could cause my hormone levels to fall whilst on prostap & menogon?

The levels are derived form the follicles so if the follicles do not grow properly the levels will fall.

And are there any alternatives that we could try.

Yes, plenty. Suggest Gonal F to your clinic, this should get some good follicles growing.

Good luck!

Peter

Many Thanks,
Ailsy

1 - 2 of 2 Posts