Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
??? Hi all, I just have quick Q about success rates for IUI. I know that they are quite low and I have seen how many some of you all have had - but I just want to know, if you say you have had IUI, do you mean all the way to insemination or may some of these been cancelled? I am trying to be positive as I am on my first one and everything so far has gone to plan and the insemination will happen. Also, I would love to hear from anyone who has only got a hostility problem and everything else is ok who is doing IUI and what experiences you have had with it.

Love Jen :) x

·
Premium Member
8,035 Posts
Hi Jen. I think IUI success rates are linked to age and at 29 your eggs are hopefully in good shape. I conceved via donor IUI (second cycle using injectables) at aged 27, and the clinic pretty much told me they expected me to be successful at my age. I think success rates using injectables are also significantly higher than natural or Clomid type cycles. Sperm quality is also important, but I guess you already know that bit :) Both of my cycles went to insemination, and the only difference between the 2 (follicle quality, quantity - 2, 1 one on each side, etc was identical both times) was the insemination itself. The first time it hurt like mad, but the second was totally painless. I was told by the clinic that if insemination is timed perfectly then it is usually (but not always) painless as the cervix opens a little at ovulation, and this allows the catheter to enter the uterus with ease. Best of luck with your insemination and 2ww. I hope the outcome is positive. Hugs. J x.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi J,

Thanks for your message!

I do feel positive, although today I am now very frustrated! I have absolutely no symptoms now and would be due on today or tomorrow - tomorrow is testing day but I have been reading that it's quite likely that the Cyclogest will delay my period anyway - I only have two more to take which will be tonight/tomorrow morning.

My actual insemination was completely painless so :) from that point of view! I had two eggs, 18mm and 17mm at the last scan, before which I had just had another 150iu gonal-f and followed it with another, so I guess they would have been bigger by then as well anyway. Sperm quality - 30m in the 1ml after washing, 95% motility - increased amazingly all due we think to the no alcohol for two weeks and the vitamins c and d that my dh had taken for a couple of months :)

What was your experience of the cyclogest? This waiting is terrible, the 2ww has been fine up until about Saturday and now I just need to know, one way or the other - we have the drugs all ready for the next cycle so if's negative I just want AF to come NOW!!!!

Jen xx ;D

·
Premium Member
8,035 Posts
Hi Jen. Wow, it's exciting and nerve wracking all at the same time isn't it! The progesterone pessaries I used (can't rmember what they were called - probably cyclogest though?) made AF late on the first unsuccessful cycle by about 4 days - horrible! Second time around (which was a great success) I used a HPT the day before I went for my blood test. Apparently, the HCG injection you had for ovulation will be gone from your system after 9 days. I had a faint, but definitely positive result on the HPT and did 3 more just to be sure! Bloods were strongly positive the following day. So, if you really can't wait ....:) A HPT will only give you a false negative, not a false positive at this stage. As far as PMT symptoms went. First cycle I had them (obviously), but they were different because of the progesterone (ie, sore boobs, etc. that I don't normally get), and second cycle I got sore boobs becase I was pg, so can't advise you there. You know your own body and what it's like when AF's due :) Keep me updated. I feel really positive for you and am keeping everything crossed. At least you're ready to go again if it doesn't work out, so that will help you through. Good luck :) xxxx J.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi Jen

Just to give you a bit of hope - I've had 2 pregnancies, 1 child, and both times I conceived on the 2nd cycle. The first was naturally and the second with clomid. I feel really lucky as I was told I should get pg within 6 cycles.

both times I had the sperm inserted in the cervix instead of the uterus.

I hope evrything goes well and wish you the best of luck

Kim
x x

·
Registered
12 Posts
HI Jen
J
Just wondering how you got on last night? Are you having another go at IUI ?

Well we are going for our third attempt at iui this month so I am hoping that hubby doesnt get a cold and I feel ok. The pevious 2 he had a cold and then I had a cold on the 2nd.

Chat soon
Tracey

1 - 6 of 6 Posts