1,508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Lots of love ladies  :-*

Amanda x

·
Registered
3,205 Posts
Me first!

Claire - This is when knicker checking commences. You'll be running to that loo like you have no idea because you felt a twinge or a cramp. Remember - all normal  :)
Wow - scan next week. That'll be fantastic! How exciting  :) :) :)

Well, rest up now and check out the list of things not to eat and drink. Caffeine free everything for the first 12 weeks!

Oooh 27th January. You'll be looking like the turkey this christmas  ;)

When is Deedee back? She's missing out again!

·
Premium Member
3,058 Posts
Oh yes, the knicker checking will dominate your life for at least the first 12 weeks. And you'll have af like twinges and pains, and convince yourself that you have an ectopic pregnancy, but it is just growing pains. Those first few weeks are very stressful.

·
Registered
1,681 Posts
Tell me about it.  I've just been stuck in what was supposed to be a two hour meeting that went on for nearly three hours and I kept thinking I felt something wet and was desperate to do a knicker check but they kept droning on ^bigbad^.  Anyway, all was fine and well.

I've just spoken to the cons, who I have to say sounded very smug.  I have to keep taking the metformin and folic acid, and go for a scan next Tuesday to confirm the pregnancy ^scared^ and check it's in the right place, and he said something that sounded like pessaries :-[ and mentioned some other thing that started with tricy...  No idea what.  I am officially terrified of this scan.

Then if that goes well I have to have another one done the following week to look for the heartbeat.

I am so so frightened.  But ecstatic at the same time.  And most of all, just relieved to be even given this chance.

xx

·
Registered
1,681 Posts
Am having a bit of a nightmare.

We have a work away day on friday which is a day of activities in the country.  The only activity I know about is clay pigeon shooting and I've checked on the internet and you can't do that if pg.

I don't know what the other activities are, the boss wouldn't tell us the other week when we asked.  On the web site there is a real mix of stuff including mundane stuff like chocolate making to really active things that could result in physical exertion and/or falling over, and I don't know what has been picked.

I can't do a sickie because it will go down like a lead balloon but I don't want to endanger my precious bean.  Any advice?  Am thinking I could 'develop' a crick in my neck that means anything physical is off limits, although will have to learn to walk like quasi modo in the meantime. :-\

xxx

·
Registered
523 Posts
HOLY S**T!!!!!!!!!!

WAY TO GO CLAIRE! ^clapping^ ^jumpin^ ^congrats^ ^festival^ ^BFP^ ^pompom^ ^spin^

What absolutely fan-bloody-tastic news to come home to, I am soooooo thrilled for you and DH. Savour this special time, it's wonderful. I remember taking my 5 pg tests with me everywhere and checking them every 5 minutes in case the second line faded ;D ( I still have them :-[)

OMIGOD, Im shaking. I just want to give you a big hug. Oh yes, now the worries set in but it's all part and parcel of it Im afraid.

There is no reason why things shouldnt be absolutely fine and Im sure they will be. Enjoy the journey, it's wonderful.

Love and hugs D x

·
Premium Member
3,058 Posts
Claire - I'd pull a sickie anyway, I think. Or could you get away with the excuse of car problems? Whatever you say will probably sound a bit lame, but the cricked neck story will probably have everyone speculating anyway.

·
Registered
3,205 Posts
Deedee - Welcome Back! How was the holiday!??! Did Hannah have a good time?

Claire - That is such a pickle. I think I would want to get out of it by any means possible. It's just not worth the risk. Hmmm, now let's think. What can we come up with  ??? Some sort of injury at home rendering it impossible for such tasks. Something like a sprained ankle? Twisted your foot in your heels on the way home Thursday night and can't walk on your foot? Easy to then get one of those support things and hobble around if they insist you go along to spectate.

Isn't it scary how quickly I can come up with this stuff  ;D

·
Registered
1,681 Posts
Welcome back Deedee!  How was your holiday?  I have the tests in the drawer at home and keep going to look at them. 

I speculated all evening on what to do with DH, and in the end we agreed that I'm a rubbish liar and that the only thing to do was to tell the truth.  I took my temp this morning and did another pg test (my fourth!) to be sure and then told my boss this morning.  She knew about the op anyway and that we were trying and I have sworn her to secrecy, explained about the miscarriage rate for me, etc.  As a result, I'm not going on the away day and she will tell everyone that I have another of my metformin upset stomachs.

I HATE that I've had to tell her but I decided it wasn't worth the risk of going along.  My acupuncturist was adamant last night that I wasn't going too.

Apparently the early scan next week is to check for ectopic as following the ov drilling my risks are higher. (acupuncturist explained it to me, something to do with my bits being moved around in the op)

x

·
Premium Member
3,058 Posts
Claire - I'm glad you found a solution to the problem. So do you get the day off, or do you have to sit in the office on your own?

Deedee - welcome back! That was a quick holiday. :eek: Did you have a good time? Did you spot any celebs?

Donna - is it nice to be reunited with dh and the boys?

Polly - how are you? Thinking of you... ^hugme^

Annie -  ^wave^ Are you blooming now? ;D

Off to mother and toddler group this morning, then have MIL coming round this afternoon. Hope she behaves.

Emma, xxx

·
Registered
3,205 Posts
Claire - Wow! your accupuncturist really knows her stuff! Did she do any needles on you last night? I can understand how annoying it must have felt to feel forced to share your news with your boss. I don't think you had much choice though.

It's nice that you're able to have these early scans. It might be a bit reassuring for you to check things along each stage  :) Come on next week!

Emma - I do indeed have a wee bumpie now  :) Not quite at the blooming stage, but she's noticeable at last. Have fun with MIL today  ???

·
Registered
1,681 Posts
Emma, hope you have fun with MIL today!

Annie, I expect you'll be 'blooming' very shortly!

Donna, are you back home now?

Hi Polly, how are you?

Deedee, I'm awaiting details of these destinations in the south of France!

I'm working from home tomorrow, which means watching DVDs!  Oh, I am reading Rebecca at your recommendations and I love it!  I'm about 3/4 through and Maxim has just made his big revelation (although I had guessed!), wow what a fantastic read!

Claire x

·
Registered
3,205 Posts
Damn it - I still need to get a copy of that book! I'm reading Brenda Blethyn's auto-biog at the mo. Saw it lying around at MIL's and actually finding it an interesting read so far!

Claire - Good excuse to lay down with your feet raised tomorrow. Send all that blood flowing to beanie - or beanies  :eek:

How about a little maths problem to keep your grey matter revved tomorrow?

There are 7 girls in a bus.
Each girl has 7 backpacks.
In each backpack, there are 7 big cats.
For every big cat, there are 7 little cats.
Question: How many legs are there in the bus?

It took me five attempts  :-[ ^idiot^ :-[

·
Registered
1,681 Posts
I'm gonna go for either 14 because it doesn't say whether the backpacks are also on the bus, or 1,582.

???

·
Premium Member
3,058 Posts
My guess is 14 too (I'm assuming it is one of those trick questions). I was too scared to post earlier in case that was a really stupid answer. Full marks to Claire for having a stab at it first. ^bow^

If it isn't 14 I'd like another go. I need more time to multiply all those 7s.

·
Registered
3,205 Posts
Nope, not even close girls.

you need to calculate the girls legs and all the cats legs! - good Luck!

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
Hello everyone,

Still at my aunts don't come back till sunday. Had lovely weather today so have been on the beach and worn the boys out Ryan was scared of the sea which suprised us becasue in febuary we had to stop him diving in.

Claire I am so glad you are having early scans I phoned them very reassuring. I didn't have pesseries but I have heard a little about them as far as I know they help reduce MC and can either go in the front ot back

Annie bump piccies please

Emma I hope MIL behaved

Deedee Welcome back how was your holiday? when is your scan?

Polly I hope all is ok? keep in touch (text me)

When I am home I was wondering if we could have a yahoo night? I really need to talk to you guys in real time I need some advice and a good old chat.

I was alos thinking about the meet, its my birthday in July so I was thinking we could have a spa day? But I have no idea if our preggie ladies can go to a spa? or how much these things cost? (could be out of my price range) any ideas?

Donna x x

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
18,193 legs

·
Premium Member
3,058 Posts
2758?

Donna - spa day sounds good. Or any kind of day really. ;D

Yahoo night sounds good too. I have it set up on my pc, but can't rememeber my password. Perhaps I can reregister with a new name/pasword etc.

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
Can't believe Annie has left us wondering for the night lol

I just have a few things that I would like to chat about and as I am coming to terms with the fact that you guys seem to be my only friends - which is sad I know and fills me with anger and hurt. You guys seem the best people for me to chat with ((hug))

Night all

Donna x x
Off into Hastings tomorrow for some shopping and then taking the boys to a soft play place which they loved last time

1 - 20 of 371 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.