7,783 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Cloverfield....

one word...

HUH?! ^idiot^

·
Premium Member
4,931 Posts
Couldn't agree more and it made me feel seasick!

Tillypops
xxx

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
I only got 10 mins into it before I turned it off .... should I have stuck with it, is it good?

·
Registered
566 Posts
That's pants, I have ordered it from Amazon!  Is it really that bad?

·
Registered
7,783 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'd send it back if I were you  ;D  Im still waiting for it to start!

·
Registered
7,783 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The best bit was the end titles.  We were cracking up with laughter though the whole way through, even the script..

"Whats that?"
"Something terrible"

"Whats that?"
"Something else...also terrible"

·
Registered
566 Posts
EBW1969 said:
The best bit was the end titles. We were cracking up with laughter though the whole way through, even the script..

"Whats that?"
"Something terrible"

"Whats that?"
"Something else...also terrible"
^roflmao^ ^roflmao^

Looks like someone will be getting a Cloverfield DVD for their birthday ;D

·
Registered
7,783 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I know its mine next week but I really really dont want a copy ok? ;D

·
Registered
7,783 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
can anyone else quote any really bad lines from films....?

·
Premium Member
4,658 Posts
It's not really a dodgy line but it really makes me cringe and I always try to turn it off before it happens

Film: A few good men - Tom Cruise, Keifer Sutherland (phoarr!)

At the end where L/Cpl Dawson says "There is an officer on deck" and then salutes Tom Cruise's character
yuckkkkkkk please pass the bucket  ;D

yes I suppose it is a dodgy line lol

·
Registered
6,080 Posts
Hi girls,

The one that alway's get's me is ~ Four Wedding's and a Funeral ~ the bit at the end when Hugh Grant say's to Andie McDowell ~ it's raining and she say's "is it i hadn't noticed" whatever! ;D :p

Trying to think of some more, sure it won't take me long ::)

Sarah x

·
Registered
646 Posts
Oh, my DH and I liked Cloverfield :-[

As for dodgy film lines:

Let's face it Dirty Dancing's "Nobody puts Baby in a corner" was pretty darn cheesy.

And, following on from Mish3434, we have another Tom Cruise film great: "Your ego's writing cheques your body can't cash!"

I love the film "Love Story" (had me weeping buckets, if I remember rightly), but it was just soooo wrong to say "love means never having to say you're sorry" -- Like Hell it does!! ^bigbad^

And in Kingdom of Heaven: "I once fought for two days with an arrow through my testicle"

oh....and any time a volcano is errupting, a tidal wave surging, an explosion imminent, and our leading man shouts "Run!" ???

·
Premium Member
4,658 Posts
Dirty Dancing, When Neil says to baby "i love to watch the wind blowing through your hair" omg how sick is that yuckkkkkk

I love DD though  ;D

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
Brilliant thread and here is the results from the weeza82 vote.....

• "You had me at hello" Jerry Maguire ???
  • "I'm just a girl, standing in front of a boy, asking him to love her" Julia Roberts in Notting Hill *barfbarfbarf*
  • I'm King of the world Titanic ^roflmao^ ^roflmao^
  • Ditto Ghost. Awful, just awful.

Going to think of many more......

BTW, I love "Nobody puts baby in the corner" It's like a 4 cheese supreme cheese-fest pizza topping, but it's just fabulous *dreamy sigh* [/list]

·
Registered
646 Posts
  • weeza82 said:
    It's like a 4 cheese supreme cheese-fest pizza topping, but it's just fabulous *dreamy sigh*
You see, sometimes all we need is cheese - personally my favourite is, as you mentioned weeza82, the old "You had me at hello" Jerry Maguire

Awwww. :'(

more cheese! ^roflmao^ I'm loving this thread!

·
Registered
566 Posts
You have covered some of the best ones, DD and Jerry McGuire have loads (although I love both of them).

Tom Cruise in Jerry McGuire "You complete me".  Bleurgh.

In Chain Reaction (awful film) Keanu is whizzing across ice on his hovercraft and the leading lady (can't remember who it was) say "What are you doing?" and Keanu replies very seriously..............."The best I can".  I went to see it in the cinema and everyone was peeing themselves at that line!

City Slickers when Billy Crystal's wife tells him to "go and find his smile".  Please.

And almost every line in the Notebook was dreadful  ;D

Foxy x

·
Premium Member
4,658 Posts
The Notebook made me cry  :'( but only seen it once so can't really remember any of the lines  ;D

I cry at most chick flick films though  ;D

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
OK, got some more.....

• Immortality, take it, it's yours!!!Troy
The whole of Pearl Harbour but is a selection of their finest.....
  • I think World War II just started
  • There is nothing stronger than the heart of a volunteer
  • Rafe:Danny, you can't die. You can't die. You know why? 'Cause you're gonna be a father. You're gonna be a daddy. I wasn't supposed to tell you. You're gonna be a father.
    Danny: No, you are.

Hahahaha!!!

1 - 20 of 27 Posts