Fertility Friends Support Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

just wanted to ask you a question that I hope you might have the answer to.
I have just had my second icsi and this time I had 15 follicles of which 12 large ones.
I was preparing for about 10 eggs and then was completely shocked to hear they only found 6! Out of these 6 they injected 3 because the other 3 weren't good quality.
I talked to two doctors and they could not give me a conclusive explanation as to why this happened, one said the eggs could have stayed behind in the follicles and the other said that the stimulation must not have gone so well.
I am still looking for answers. Have any of you experienced anything similar? And if so what was the explanation? I am really starting to doubt my own fertility now, I am only 31 and expected to do much better.

·
Premium Member
123 Posts
Hi
Im now on my 2ww after our 1st ivf, Ididnt respond very well 2 the drugs and only had 3 eggs. The day of ec i was gutted and thought it was the end of out tx.
out of the 3 eggs 1 fertilised, We had et on 30th july.
I thought i wouldnt get this far.
BEST OF LUCK
luv jess

·
Premium Member
744 Posts
Hi - sorry to hear of your traumatic experience. Sometimes follicles do not contain any eggs, it really is as simple as that.
6 eggs is a good response and 3 fertilised is also brilliant! Remember it only takes one good one!!
Unfortunately this whole IF and IVF process is not an easy one and there are lots of ups and downs. My first cycle was a complete nightmare as I ovulated early and lost most of my eggs but I got there in the end and so will you. Hopefully with this cycle. Don't give up yet!!
Good luck!

nicxxx

·
Registered
54 Posts
Hi Jessica,

My first attempt at IVF I had 13 follicles but only four egg's which three of them fertilised and tihs time I had 7 follicles but got 9 egg's! and 5 fertilised and I had two put back.

This whole IVF lark drives you round the bend.

Good luck & take care

Love
Tammy
xxxxxx

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks girls,

at least I am not the only one....I know sometimes follicles don't have eggs in them but was told a percentage of 80 not 40!!!!
Anyway, they put back two embryos, one 4 cells and one 7. At the time they were already supposed to be 8 cells so I am not sure if I should keep too much hope.
Anyway, thanks for replying and good luck to you all!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts