Fertility Friends Support Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi!

i am on an ivf cycle with DE and had my 21 day scan recently. i was under the impression that my womb lining should be thin but it was 8mm apparently because i have a cyst on both ovaries. i am i the south of england and my scans have to be faxed to a hospital in the north where i am having my treatment so there is always a bit of a delay in getting info as by the end of the day most of the people in the know have gone home-the lady i spoke to said that i must double my buserelin injections and then have another scan next week...and if things have not improved then i will need to discuss my options with the doctor as the donor may go ahead with stims. she said that the eggs may need to be frozen (just one option that was explained briefly)but i know the stats are not as good as fresh et, i cannot help but worry - you just cant help it. my local hospital said at the time that they would give me an injection to loose the cysts but that each hospital do things differently. i know i should be asking the hospital but it is really difficult at work because there are no private phones in the office and i am not allowed time off to discuss these things (i am continually monitored by stats etc)

just wondered if you could shed any light?

thanks. :D
tracey

·
Registered
195 Posts
Hi Tracey

I just wanted to say hi and to let you know that DH & I also live in the South of England and are having treatment with Care in Manchester! I know what you mean about having scan and blood test results faxed over - it makes the whole thing far more complicated doesn't it?!
I have also used donor eggs and I was put onto Climaval tablets (4mg going up to 12mg) then I had to have my scan (a few days before donors egg collection) and my womb lining was 10mm which they said was good (nice and juicy was how they described it!!!). I then had to start taking the cyclogest pessaries the day before donors egg collection.
I had ET on 21st July and tested on thursday and to our utter shock it was positive!!

I am not a nurse but I hope that this has helped - if you want anymore info on the treatment we had then please feel free to contact me as I know how difficult it can be - especially with the distance issue.

Take Care

Mandellen

xx

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hi mandellen!

firstly - a BIG CONGRATULATIONS! you must be over the moon...well done! ^congrats^ so nice to read a happy post with good news!

how did you hear about care? i found out when i read lynnes post on the DE thread last year. i thank my lucky stars that i found this site and read lynnes post. its got to be a good sign! did you have any trouble with work giving you additional time off to go to manchester? oh could i just ask if care gave you any money off for you not having your scans up there? we are paying £110 each time i have a scan and blood test - ive had 2 already and another thursday and at least another 2 if all is okay thurs...goodness knows how much it will be if it all doesnt correct itself...still if it works i dont mind, if it doesnt it will make it that much harder to get the cash together for another go. fingers crossed!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts