Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello to you all,

We have been doing ICSI for 2 years now and are on our last try(due to cash). Our hospital has stopped the treatment due to building work there. I was on my 5th day of menopur and had 9 big follys. Could i now catch naturally with more eggs when ovulating?? My partner has low sperm and i am very lucky to be ok. We have chosen cetrotide so i am hoping that with more eggs the impossible might happen!! Any help please

Claire xx

·
Premium Member
731 Posts
Claire
Im not sure about getting pregnant with more eggs but the whole situation sounds outrageous to me that they would stop your treatment half way through. Did the hospital not know that building work was commencing? I would either ask for a full refund on anything you have paid for (including drugs) or get the hospital to refer you immediately to another hospital / clinic to complete the cycle.  Best of luck. I hope everything works out okay for you.

Flakey x

·
Premium Member
5,162 Posts
Dear Claire,
You poor thing, what a rotten clinic!
However it does sound like we have a couple of things in common! :)
I had to abandon a cycle of ICSI earlier this year as the drugs didn't work. :'( They have now decided that what I need is a cycle on Cetrotide, unfortunately no one has exactly explained why (or at least not very clearly) so I would be really interested in any information you could pass on on that sort of cycle.
Secondly my clinic is also having building work, thats why we haven't started again yet and wont until the work is ffinished Here comes my useful bit of information... it is unethical for the clinic to stop your treatment just because they have building work, it's oOKto stop it if the drugs are not working, but not because of a problem of their own making. This means you can take them before an ethics ccommittee! (The likelyhood is that you will probably have to settle out of court but that still spells cash!) Go to your local citizens advice bureau to find out the name of a reputable solicitor who can help. It maybe worth finding out if any other couples have been similarly affected so you can bring a group action. Sorry if this sounds ruthless but your clinic sounds really cruel if they are prepared to do this to you and they shouldn't be allowed to make moneyout of people this way.
Finally in answer to the question of could it happen naturally - some people win the lottery some don't. PPersonallymy DH's sperm couldn't even win the office lucky dip, sad but true. (Doesn't stop me loving him mind! ^hump^)
I wish you all the best for the future whatever you decide to do and if you need support and someone to chat to the people here are the best I know for it!
Lots of love,
LiziBee

·
Premium Member
6,719 Posts
Hi Claire

This is absolutely ridiculous - unbelievable!!!
Your clinic can not "pour your money down the drain" due to building work.

If I were you I would be inclined to contact the HFEA for advice immediately.

Good luck with whatever you decide to do

Love
Dee
xxx

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks to you all for your kind words :)

The clinic have agreed to replace any drugs that I used(5 days worth), they said that because of the work they are having done, the embryology might be affected. So I am feeling not to bad about it. I would rather abandon than my embys having a problem!! Just wondered if my follys that I have (about 9) would give us more chance to conceive naturally? I presume I will ovulate as normal.

I have always used cetrotide due to the sniffer not working on our 1st cycle. I think its quicker, no side effects, just more injections!!!! Its not that bad honest :- This is my 4th fresh attept!

I am so glad I came on here today. I have been looking on here for the past year for advice. I am so glad there are kind thoughtfull people that understand !!

Big thanks and I wish you all loads of love and luck 2 x

1 - 5 of 5 Posts