Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was diagnosed with CC Stage 1B1 in 2006 which resulted in me having an Abdominal Radical Trachelectomy ("ART") removing all of the cervix and then some and thankfully this caught all of the cancer. Last year I found out that both of my tubes were damaged and that IVF was the only possibility to conceive. Having had a number of investigate surgeries and done IVF 4 times plus one FET, my current fertility doctor is recommending I source a second opinion as he can't tell me why IVF isn't working and doesn't know what to do differently. So far, this dept. have been unsuccessful in creating and sustaining a pregnancy following an ART.

Has anyone had this surgery and been successful with IVF?

If so, please can you recommend your doctor or a clinic (in any country)?

Would love to hear from you.

Many thanks!
  ps: I am new to this forum and there is so much on here, so please redirect me if I posted this in the wrong place

·
Registered
25 Posts
Hello,

I have just written all my reply and then it disappeared so here it goes again …

I haven't got any positive stories for you but I also had a radical trachelectomy in 2006. I have since had 4 attempts at ICSI - 2 fresh and 2 frozen. The consultant that did my operation recommended Mr Evans at the Chaucer Hospital in Canterbury and luckily that was where the NHS contract for our area was.

I had several attempts at IUI at another clinic and the chap there was unable to insert the catheter past my stitch. However, Mr Evans did a trial ET before I started my tx to make sure that he could get the catheter in and I now have my ET done with an ultrasound scan at the same time to make sure that he is putting the embryo back in the right place.

I am now in the middle of another tx - I had EC yesterday and am booked in for ET tomorrow ! We are paying for this tx so I really hope it works ! ^reiki^

I just wondered how many embryos you had transferred ?? I have only been having 1 due to the high risk of miscarriage following my op but am really tempted to have 2 put back tomorrow … :-\ :-\

Sorry I couldn't give you any positive stories and all the best in the future !

I forgot to say that I don't think my treatments have failed becuase of my operation as I have managed to have an embryo transferred ok, I think maybe I am just one of the many with unexplained :(

1 - 2 of 2 Posts