Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,

I haven’t posted for a long time, not since I was on my second round with my own eggs at 42. I had 9 attempts, with 4 pregnancies but sadly I lost them all between 9-11 weeks. I was then diagnosed with breast cancer and had to have chemo, radiotherapy and a big operation, I am finally well again but chemo has put me in early menopause. My last donor let me down after messing us around for 5 months, because she got pregnant by accident with her 5th child. It wasted more precious time. I finally found another donor and have had two mock cycles but my lining won’t seem to grow more than 4.8mm. Sadly, we tried to make embryos to freeze with our new donor but out of 16 eggs only 7 thawed and we ended up with nothing. I’m searching yet again for another donor but really need advice on what worked for you to grow your lining, and it would be great to hear some positive stories from anyone in a similar position. My luck is surely set to change soon! Thank you everyone.
Claire

·
Registered
300 Posts
Hi . Just want to give you a massive hug . Those losses would have broken your heart You really have done your very best and I am
So pleased to see you are now on de and just getting your lining sorted . I have no doubt you will get it thickened up with treatment and medications . I think you’re amazing for getting through and now on this stage of the journey .

I don’t have a baby either and trying with my own eggs . I’ve just turned 44 and have just one 3 day embryo on ice . Turning 44 had made me feel so different , like the realisation I’ve missed my boat with oe . I hold out very little hope with oe now. So im feeling quite devasted . I had a two day scan today and it wasn’t great and the doctor suggested leaving a month but since im Doing natural ivf I thought let’s see what my body does and if I get an embryo transfer it . Again I don’t hold out much hope .

Theres so much heartache involved . I do however feel
Positive for you . I know when I decide to move to de I will
Feel more positive too , it’s just getting to that point in my head and my heart needs to catch up too x

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi . Just want to give you a massive hug . Those losses would have broken your heart You really have done your very best and I am
So pleased to see you are now on de and just getting your lining sorted . I have no doubt you will get it thickened up with treatment and medications . I think you’re amazing for getting through and now on this stage of the journey .

I don’t have a baby either and trying with my own eggs . I’ve just turned 44 and have just one 3 day embryo on ice . Turning 44 had made me feel so different , like the realisation I’ve missed my boat with oe . I hold out very little hope with oe now. So im feeling quite devasted . I had a two day scan today and it wasn’t great and the doctor suggested leaving a month but since im Doing natural ivf I thought let’s see what my body does and if I get an embryo transfer it . Again I don’t hold out much hope .

Theres so much heartache involved . I do however feel
Positive for you . I know when I decide to move to de I will
Feel more positive too , it’s just getting to that point in my head and my heart needs to catch up too x

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hey, thanks so much for your lovely message. It’s been a tough road, that’s for sure.
I’m sorry you are in a similar situation. The decision to move on to de was very tough indeed but honestly, I wish I’d done it years ago. If you think that’s the next step for you then I urge you to take the plunge. Have you read about Epigenetics? I wish you all the luck. Can I ask why you are doing a natural cycle? Do you have lining issues?xxxx

·
Registered
300 Posts
Hey, thanks so much for your lovely message. It’s been a tough road, that’s for sure.
I’m sorry you are in a similar situation. The decision to move on to de was very tough indeed but honestly, I wish I’d done it years ago. If you think that’s the next step for you then I urge you to take the plunge. Have you read about Epigenetics? I wish you all the luck. Can I ask why you are doing a natural cycle? Do you have lining issues?xxxx
hey 😊…. Yes my lining was normal at 9mm when I started ivf and then then after taking drugs like clomid it went down to 3. 4 . Also my amh was 0.5 nearly a year ago so i imagine 0.4 0r 0.3 now and the follicle count keeps get getting less and less to now 1 or 2 this month so there’s little point taking the medications which don’t help when dealing with what is already such a hard thing to go through . So in order to let my
Lining recover and to then get the one egg out I naturally produce im
Gooing natural . Then the one emby I have in the freezer can be transferred. I am on day 4 of my cycle so roughly 10 days before an egg collection . Then I will do the same the month after and then that’s me drawing a line with my own eggs .
I have heard of epigenetics yes, and on top of tray of course we create that baby , even by getting the egg albeit in a non conventional way we are creating it . Plus we do pass a little of our own dna too I think . Also I don’t believe we create the soul of the child either and that the child Chooses us to be born so it’s a lot bigger than just our little choices on this earthly plane. I also saw something on re incarnation where little kids were filmed as they recalled their previous lives and the details they came out with were accurate . So it made me think that in one life someone else is your mum until you are reborn again to someone else . Sorry if that was a ramble , I was thinking out loud there . I have no idea why we grieve our own egg when there’s such a bigger picture but it doesn’t help me to stop feeling heartbroken . I know it will pass and I know the baby we get will be adored and we won’t even think about oe anymore . I suppose it’s just breaking away from expectations and conditioning x x x hugs and have a lovely Sunday xxx

·
Registered
179 Posts
Big hugs to you both ❤ This road is never easy. I was nervous about using DE but looking at my little man now I only wish I did it sooner. I think about our donor every day. We used an anonymous donor so I guess I will never be able to thank her for the gift that she has given us.
I do think that we go through a grieving process for our own eggs, which is totally understandable. But once you move past that, the focus is on getting that baby that you have so longed for. And the way I see it- that baby would not exist without you nourishing it, growing it and caring for it.
Reference your query about lining, my clinic put me on Fematab and it seemed to do the trick. Raspberry leaf tea is also good for strengthening utrine lining, as well as acupuncture and exercise.
Wishing you the best of luck 🍀

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
hey 😊…. Yes my lining was normal at 9mm when I started ivf and then then after taking drugs like clomid it went down to 3. 4 . Also my amh was 0.5 nearly a year ago so i imagine 0.4 0r 0.3 now and the follicle count keeps get getting less and less to now 1 or 2 this month so there’s little point taking the medications which don’t help when dealing with what is already such a hard thing to go through . So in order to let my
Lining recover and to then get the one egg out I naturally produce im
Gooing natural . Then the one emby I have in the freezer can be transferred. I am on day 4 of my cycle so roughly 10 days before an egg collection . Then I will do the same the month after and then that’s me drawing a line with my own eggs .
I have heard of epigenetics yes, and on top of tray of course we create that baby , even by getting the egg albeit in a non conventional way we are creating it . Plus we do pass a little of our own dna too I think . Also I don’t believe we create the soul of the child either and that the child Chooses us to be born so it’s a lot bigger than just our little choices on this earthly plane. I also saw something on re incarnation where little kids were filmed as they recalled their previous lives and the details they came out with were accurate . So it made me think that in one life someone else is your mum until you are reborn again to someone else . Sorry if that was a ramble , I was thinking out loud there . I have no idea why we grieve our own egg when there’s such a bigger picture but it doesn’t help me to stop feeling heartbroken . I know it will pass and I know the baby we get will be adored and we won’t even think about oe anymore . I suppose it’s just breaking away from expectations and conditioning x x x hugs and have a lovely Sunday xxx

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I wish you so much luck for your transfer, and I really hope you can move on soon after. As I have discovered, de is not simple. I thought it would work, I never thought for one moment that it would be my lining that lets me down. I do not believe in reincarnation, but the science does say that your DNA does effect how genes are turned on and off. A de child will not actually have your DNA but it will most certainly be your child. As you say, your body would have nourished the baby. I have a friend who has two donor children and she also wishes she had done it years earlier.
Please don’t leave it any longer after your next transfer. Take the plunge. DE may work straight away for you as you are not yet in the menopause. Believe me, the longer you wait, the chances of success get smaller. I hope you don’t mind this advice as I really do wish someone had said all this to me.xxxx

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Big hugs to you both ❤ This road is never easy. I was nervous about using DE but looking at my little man now I only wish I did it sooner. I think about our donor every day. We used an anonymous donor so I guess I will never be able to thank her for the gift that she has given us.
I do think that we go through a grieving process for our own eggs, which is totally understandable. But once you move past that, the focus is on getting that baby that you have so longed for. And the way I see it- that baby would not exist without you nourishing it, growing it and caring for it.
Reference your query about lining, my clinic put me on Fematab and it seemed to do the trick. Raspberry leaf tea is also good for strengthening utrine lining, as well as acupuncture and exercise.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hi there,
Thanks for your message. I’m so pleased de worked out for you. Please can you share a link of the drug you mention?? I cannot find anything about it at all. Are you in the UK?
Hugs back.
X

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
It’s ok, I found it. It looks the same as progynova to me. X

Reactions: Lola2021

·
Registered
300 Posts
I really appreciate any tips and advice . I wish someone had told me about egg quality and about egg freezing . Now I’m grateful you’ve given a nudge not to leave it too long for lining issues for donor egg . This place helps greatly as it’s just not what we chat about in general conversation with people is it x

·
Registered
300 Posts
💕💕💕💕so happy for you 💕💕💕💕

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I really appreciate any tips and advice . I wish someone had told me about egg quality and about egg freezing . Now I’m grateful you’ve given a nudge not to leave it too long for lining issues for donor egg . This place helps greatly as it’s just not what we chat about in general conversation with people is it x
It helps in many ways. My AMH was much higher than yours when I tried with oe. Plus, I always got a few really good 3 day embryos and once a lovely 5 day blast. All the pregnancies miscarried due to egg quality as I had them tested. Pregnancy over 40 is very hard, it does happen but it’s not that common, especially after 43.
xxxx

·
Registered
300 Posts
It helps in many ways. My AMH was much higher than yours when I tried with oe. Plus, I always got a few really good 3 day embryos and once a lovely 5 day blast. All the pregnancies miscarried due to egg quality as I had them tested. Pregnancy over 40 is very hard, it does happen but it’s not that common, especially after 43.
xxxx
I know deep down that’s case and that’s why I end up in floods of tears . I have one top grade day 3 embryo in the freezer and I know it will end in tears .

I’ve paid up front for three egg collections so I’ve had one so far , all the others were cancelled . I feel like I should see it through with own egg then part of me thinks cancel abs get my money back . At least I am Prepared and I am making enquiries now for donor egg . You really have given me a big nudge because part of me thought have a rest as you can do donor egg any time but like you say that’s not too easy . Thanks for being straight talking . Accupuncture helps for the blood flow and excerise . Don’t take particular vitamins that block estrogen , I was taking vitamin b6 and that’s not good for lining . Turmeric is supposed to be good as well as massage , again for blood flow . How old are you now , did you say 48 ? I honestly think with the right meds to build up your lining you will get there x x x

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I know deep down that’s case and that’s why I end up in floods of tears . I have one top grade day 3 embryo in the freezer and I know it will end in tears .

I’ve paid up front for three egg collections so I’ve had one so far , all the others were cancelled . I feel like I should see it through with own egg then part of me thinks cancel abs get my money back . At least I am Prepared and I am making enquiries now for donor egg . You really have given me a big nudge because part of me thought have a rest as you can do donor egg any time but like you say that’s not too easy . Thanks for being straight talking . Accupuncture helps for the blood flow and excerise . Don’t take particular vitamins that block estrogen , I was taking vitamin b6 and that’s not good for lining . Turmeric is supposed to be good as well as massage , again for blood flow . How old are you now , did you say 48 ? I honestly think with the right meds to build up your lining you will get there x x x

1 - 16 of 16 Posts